Cyclists Do Not Emit More Carbon Than Cars
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013...tor-admits

Cyclists Do Not Emit More Carbon Than Cars, State Legislator Admits.

I'm glad this has been cleared up, because I was worried.:wacko: At the risk of sounding trite, this guy just sounds like a hater. He contrives a lot of nonsense about cyclists not paying their fair share, polluting the environment with their increased exhalations, but on the other hand is against gasoline gas hikes and car taxes because apparently he is a defender of car owners. Now, I don't disagree with him about cyclist perhaps sharing the load of road maintenance, but his form is pretty bad. Essentially he wants to help the motorists in their share of the load but seems to have an unjustified hatred of cyclists? Not as bad as the guy who thought his island nation might tip over, but still.
Maybe not, but they need to be taxed heavily for using the roads and they should have to be licensed. All bikes should be registerd with DHS, be foam padded and limited to seven gears. Plus they should only be on the road beween 2-4am.
Did they only measure CO2 emissions?, What about methane?
(03-06-2013, 05:16 AM)Simon Peter Wrote: Maybe not, but they need to be taxed heavily for using the roads and they should have to be licensed. All bikes should be registerd with DHS, be foam padded and limited to seven gears. Plus they should only be on the road beween 2-4am.

Let's try it with guns first.
I find it somewhat ironic that CO2 is a plant nutrient which helps them grow, and yet all the vegetarian CO2 haters are trying to stop the emission of said nutrient. Why? Do they all secretly hate plants, so they want to deprive them of needed nutrients by reducing the amount in our atmosphere?

Disclaimer: This post was intended as an attempt at humor. No plants, real or fictional, were harmed in the production of this post.
You should stick to raising dogs.
I think there was a notice that there is a bill to register bicycles. It's suggested price was 10 dollars. I wouldn't mind if that meant improvements for cyclists.
(03-07-2013, 07:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I think there was a notice that there is a bill to register bicycles. It's suggested price was 10 dollars. I wouldn't mind if that meant improvements for cyclists.

I'll add training wheels to mine and call it a quadcycle.
(03-07-2013, 08:12 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 07:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I think there was a notice that there is a bill to register bicycles. It's suggested price was 10 dollars. I wouldn't mind if that meant improvements for cyclists.

I'll add training wheels to mine and call it a quadcycle.

[Image: XuJ8OGxg7PsiJoTm8MjC_zl72eJkfbmt4t8yenIm...kmuBWtceBJ]
(03-07-2013, 07:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You should stick to raising dogs.

Point taken.

The newest pup, Oprah, is due for her 12 week vaccinations. She is the offspring of a previous pup we raised, Jerianne, so Oprah is kind of a 'grandpup' for us. Nothing at all like her mother, though. She takes too much after her sire, who is a bit on the....exuberent.....side.
Do you give them their vaccinations yourselves, or do you take them to the vet? (I like doing it myself, they don't even know it happened and it's a lot easier than going to vets. All except rabies, which they won't sell you.)
(03-07-2013, 10:04 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Do you give them their vaccinations yourselves, or do you take them to the vet? (I like doing it myself, they don't even know it happened and it's a lot easier than going to vets. All except rabies, which they won't sell you.)

We are required to have a vet do the vaccinations per the organization we raise for. We have done our pet dogs ourselves, but the guide pups have to be done by a vet. Our vet bills the organization directly, so we incur no out of pocket costs.

Which leads me to this bumper sticker I saw the other day:

"If You Love Your Freedom, Thank A Vet."

Just what the hell does my dogs' doctor have to do with my freedom?

(Yes, another attempt at humor. Sorry.)
I'm sure you do a very good job raising your dogs. Smiling