I have turned into my parents
When I was growing up I had a list in my mind of things I swore I would never say to my kids, you know the things that my parents said to me. I was going to be the cool the parent. And for the most part I try not to get to upset with my kids I try to listen to their reasoning and try to understand what they are thinking. But every once in a while my one of my parents come out of my mouth. This morning I start my truck to take my son to school, he used it last night. (yes we are still looking for my new car for him to get the truck full time) holy crap the radio was so loud, I just glared at the boy child, I didn't fuss. He then looked at me and said, mom it wasn't that loud when I came home last night. Then I looked at him and said I know it as those damn car gnomes that get in and turn the car radios up at night to get all the teenagers into trouble. All of a sudden I realized it was something my father would of said. Where did that come from.
(03-06-2013, 07:05 AM)blondemom Wrote: When I was growing up I had a list in my mind of things I swore I would never say to my kids, you know the things that my parents said to me. I was going to be the cool the parent. And for the most part I try not to get to upset with my kids I try to listen to their reasoning and try to understand what they are thinking. But every once in a while my one of my parents come out of my mouth. This morning I start my truck to take my son to school, he used it last night. (yes we are still looking for my new car for him to get the truck full time) holy crap the radio was so loud, I just glared at the boy child, I didn't fuss. He then looked at me and said, mom it wasn't that loud when I came home last night. Then I looked at him and said I know it as those damn car gnomes that get in and turn the car radios up at night to get all the teenagers into trouble. All of a sudden I realized it was something my father would of said. Where did that come from.
Did the car smell like weed too? When I was a teenager I turned the music up right after we smoked a fatty. So, if he turned up the volume without herbal stimulus, then I would not sweat it. And yes some people do turn into their parents that's not necessarily a bad thing. Smiling
(03-06-2013, 07:31 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 07:05 AM)blondemom Wrote: When I was growing up I had a list in my mind of things I swore I would never say to my kids, you know the things that my parents said to me. I was going to be the cool the parent. And for the most part I try not to get to upset with my kids I try to listen to their reasoning and try to understand what they are thinking. But every once in a while my one of my parents come out of my mouth. This morning I start my truck to take my son to school, he used it last night. (yes we are still looking for my new car for him to get the truck full time) holy crap the radio was so loud, I just glared at the boy child, I didn't fuss. He then looked at me and said, mom it wasn't that loud when I came home last night. Then I looked at him and said I know it as those damn car gnomes that get in and turn the car radios up at night to get all the teenagers into trouble. All of a sudden I realized it was something my father would of said. Where did that come from.
Did the car smell like weed too? When I was a teenager I turned the music up right after we smoked a fatty. So, if he turned up the volume without herbal stimulus, then I would not sweat it. And yes some people do turn into their parents that's not necessarily a bad thing. Smiling
no. Not at all. That actually isn't a worry I have with him right now. As he puts it he see's what happens with the potheads at his school. If it had been one of my other kids I could say yea that would of been a thought. But you know I don't want my speakers ruined.
Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them. ----- Oscar Wilde
It happened again last night, the youngest boy child was making an argument for us to get him a cell phone (he will be 13 next month) and he was using that he was the only one in school that didn't have one, the only one on the tennis team that didn't have one. All of his cousins have one, his 17 year old brother has one (not really we are letting him use one of ours but he wasn't allowed to have it full time until he started working), and his sister's have one (which I reminded him they pay for themselves), he started saying it wasn't fair, how all his friends had one and he didn't. All of a sudden I heard my mother, "if all your friends had a pile of dog crap they were carrying around would you want to".

I did tell him if he could come up with some valid arguments other than all my friends we would think about. What he doesn't know is that we are thinking about getting him one in Aug,
Why does he need his own cell phone when everyone he knows already has one? Can't he use theirs if he needs to make a call??? Smiling
(03-07-2013, 06:23 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Why does he need his own cell phone when everyone he knows already has one? Can't he use theirs if he needs to make a call??? Smiling

That was what I said. He said it wasn't the same thing.
I was raised by thieves connected to our local Klan and Masons. Theives snuck into positions of power. My parents always said "Do as I say. Not as I do". They were wasting their breath. My litmus test is, "Would Mom do it?" If she would, I won't. Mom and her friends from Roseburg, have stolen hundreds of millions of dollars from this community. While hiding behind Klan sheriffs, and crooked Mason judges.
My friend got their son a phone.
He started texting his girl friend. She ended up with a $300 bill in one month.

Tell him he can't have a phone because it gives you brain cancer.
(03-07-2013, 06:36 AM)chuck white Wrote: My friend got their son a phone.
He started texting his girl friend. She ended up with a $300 bill in one month.

Tell him he can't have a phone because it gives you brain cancer.

That is why you get unlimited text.

We are actually thinking about getting rid of our land line and going with cell phones and if we do that, the youngest will have to have to a cell phone there is no way he will be left with out a phone. But we are odd parents, no one is allowed to bring a cell phone to the dinner table unless you are DR. or you are on call for work. And if I am paying for your cell phone I have complete access to it, I can look at it at anytime and if I fond out you are talking on it or texting on during school hours (other than at lunch or between classes, yes I know my kids schedule) you will lose it. Also we have cell phone free days where no one is allowed to be on one besides my husband who is only allowed to be on his for work.
I can't hear well, over my cell phone. But, it tells me who to email, or go talk to.
Watch out. The next thing you know you'll be sayin I hate their music, I can't understand the words.

I think many parents are getting them for their kids way to early. One of the girls that went to high school with our oldest daughter just bought cell phones for her 8 and 6 year old daughters. Rolling Eyes Ridiculous!