NRA boss loses right to keep and bear arms
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-wife.html

Excerpt: "A top National Rifle Association official in New York has been banned from carrying a gun after harassing his ex-wife.

Richard D'Alauro, a representative of the pro-firearm NRA for the city, can no longer own or buy guns because of an order of protection made after a domestic incident with his wife at their Long Island home.

Suffolk County authorities filed a noncriminal charge of harassment as a result of the confrontation, which took place in September 2010.

Police were forced to make two trips to confiscate the 62-year-old's arsenal of 39 pistols, shotguns and rifles, Maribeth D’Alauro, who has since divorced her husband, told the New York Daily News.

A transcript of the proceedings, which took place in October at Suffolk County Court, show the NRA official admitted to the harassment charge and admitted that he intended to 'harass, annoy or alarm' his wife'by subjecting her to physical contact'.

Under federal and state law, convicted domestic abusers are forbidden from purchasing firearms and he can no longer buy or own firearms until October this year, when his guns will be returned.

His ex-wife, who walks with a cane and has multiple sclerosis says she finds the prospect of him being allowed to re-arm is frightening.

Her attorney Sari Friedman said, 'A man who has an order of protection against him ... is a poor spokesman for the NRA.'

...D’Alauro declined to comment, but his lawyer, John Ray, said the initial charges against the NRA official were 'absurd' and that's the reason D'Alauro was given a noncriminal violation.

He added that it is of 'no significance whatsoever' that D’Alauro can’t own or possess a gun and work for the NRA

'The NRA does not require its employees to own guns,' he said..."
Gun nuts are just not nice people are they?
(03-07-2013, 08:13 AM)PonderThis Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-wife.html

Excerpt: "A top National Rifle Association official in New York has been banned from carrying a gun after harassing his ex-wife.

Richard D'Alauro, a representative of the pro-firearm NRA for the city, can no longer own or buy guns because of an order of protection made after a domestic incident with his wife at their Long Island home.

Suffolk County authorities filed a noncriminal charge of harassment as a result of the confrontation, which took place in September 2010.

Police were forced to make two trips to confiscate the 62-year-old's arsenal of 39 pistols, shotguns and rifles, Maribeth D’Alauro, who has since divorced her husband, told the New York Daily News.

A transcript of the proceedings, which took place in October at Suffolk County Court, show the NRA official admitted to the harassment charge and admitted that he intended to 'harass, annoy or alarm' his wife'by subjecting her to physical contact'.

Under federal and state law, convicted domestic abusers are forbidden from purchasing firearms and he can no longer buy or own firearms until October this year, when his guns will be returned.

His ex-wife, who walks with a cane and has multiple sclerosis says she finds the prospect of him being allowed to re-arm is frightening.

Her attorney Sari Friedman said, 'A man who has an order of protection against him ... is a poor spokesman for the NRA.'

...D’Alauro declined to comment, but his lawyer, John Ray, said the initial charges against the NRA official were 'absurd' and that's the reason D'Alauro was given a noncriminal violation.

He added that it is of 'no significance whatsoever' that D’Alauro can’t own or possess a gun and work for the NRA

Ponder this is but one example of a top NRA official not being allowed to carry a gun yet this hardly speaks to the general high moral standard and principles of the NRA and its august membership.

Please stop harassing these wonderful gun loving and god fearing Americans, because without them there would be a few more children and a chance for peace in the world, but then who can make money off of peace, when there is still a piece of Africa, Asia and South America left.
(03-07-2013, 09:00 AM)Leonard Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 08:13 AM)PonderThis Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-wife.html

Ponder this is but one example of a top NRA official not being allowed to carry a gun yet this hardly speaks to the general high moral standard and principles of the NRA and its august membership.

Please stop harassing these wonderful gun loving and god fearing Americans, because without them there would be a few more children and a chance for peace in the world, but then who can make money off of peace, when there is still a piece of Africa, Asia and South America left.

Good. He should lose them, if he was harassing and threatening his ex wife. That's what laws are for.

Next?
(03-07-2013, 08:51 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Gun nuts are just not nice people are they?

Almost every mass shooter in the last few years has been a LIBERAL nut. I see that as a factor worth pursuing, as to determining the mentally unstable.
(03-07-2013, 10:54 AM)Larry Wrote: Good. He should lose them, if he was harassing and threatening his ex wife. That's what laws are for.

Next?

Is he a criminal now?
(03-07-2013, 10:56 AM)Larry Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 08:51 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Gun nuts are just not nice people are they?

Almost every mass shooter in the last few years has been a LIBERAL nut. I see that as a factor worth pursuing, as to determining the mentally unstable.

Statistic please.
(03-07-2013, 10:57 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 10:54 AM)Larry Wrote: Good. He should lose them, if he was harassing and threatening his ex wife. That's what laws are for.

Next?

Is he a criminal now?

IF the laws in his state require his losing his right to own or carry a firearm, so be it. Does that make him a 'criminal'? I don't know the laws of his state well enough to answer your question. Do you?
(03-07-2013, 11:06 AM)Leonard Wrote:

Statistic please.
http://clashdaily.com/2013/01/the-5-wors...democrats/

Quote:Ft Hood: Registered Democrat/Muslim.
Columbine: Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals.
Virginia Tech: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff.
Colorado Theater: Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal.
Connecticut School Shooter: Registered Democrat; hated Christians.

Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats.

Also, of the worst killings in the last several decades, only one was a female, all the rest were boys, barely men. Their role models were rappers, action movies, comics and violent video games.

Our problem isn’t weapons, it’s boys without boundaries. Who live in ‘progressive’ households.

I realize that you won't accept this as a source, but there are too many blocked sites from the computer I am currently at.
(03-07-2013, 11:13 AM)Larry Wrote:

Statistic please.

Columbine: Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals.
Colorado Theater: Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal.

Also, of the worst killings in the last several decades, only one was a female, all the rest were boys, barely men. Their role models were rappers, action movies, comics and violent video games.

Our problem isn’t weapons, it’s boys without boundaries. Who live in ‘progressive’ households.

I realize that you won't accept this as a source, but there are too many blocked sites from the computer I am currently at.

Sane republicans as well as sane democrats don't take up arms against innocent people.

Since you have provided your examples of what you consider the worst killings in several decades by liberals, I'll match you the entire Bush/Cheney administration and, to be bipartisan I'll even throw in the Clinton and Obama administrations too.
(03-07-2013, 11:29 AM)Leonard Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 11:13 AM)Larry Wrote:

Statistic please.

Sane republicans as well as sane democrats don't take up arms against innocent people.

Since you have provided your examples of what you consider the worst killings in several decades by liberals, I'll match you the entire Bush/Cheney administration and, to be bipartisan I'll even throw in the Clinton and Obama administrations too.

Don't put words in my mouth, Leo. These are the ones in RECENT memory. You know, the ones that every one is using to push gun bans?
(03-07-2013, 11:07 AM)Larry Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 10:57 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:

Next?

Is he a criminal now?

IF the laws in his state require his losing his right to own or carry a firearm, so be it. Does that make him a 'criminal'? I don't know the laws of his state well enough to answer your question. Do you?

Nope...That's why I asked.
Perhaps it asks a question re the the taking of a persons property? Especially tied to Constitutional protection or rights if you will.
(03-07-2013, 11:29 AM)Leonard Wrote: Sane republicans as well as sane democrats don't take up arms against innocent people.

I agree, sane people don't do that. So explain why the last several mass shootings were NOT perpetrated by NRA member, redneck republicans, but rather by progressive liberals? What is driving all of them nuts?
I'm OK with whatever laws you want to use against them. Just make sure they apply to yourselves as well. Smiling

Based on this? Really? Sounds like typical marriage bullshit that landed this protection order. Does that mean we know this guy is not a nice guy?

What's a gun nut Cletus? And why would a gun nut be any less of a nice guy than a remote control airplane nut? Or a hiking nut? Or a gardening nut?
(03-07-2013, 12:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sounds like typical marriage bullshit that landed this protection order. Does that mean we know this guy is not a nice guy?

Well, he even admitted it in court. That's a strong indicator.
(03-07-2013, 12:30 PM)Larry Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 11:29 AM)Leonard Wrote: Sane republicans as well as sane democrats don't take up arms against innocent people.

I agree, sane people don't do that. So explain why the last several mass shootings were NOT perpetrated by NRA member, redneck republicans, but rather by progressive liberals? What is driving all of them nuts?

Insanity can hit anyone at any time so your question is, though interesting not very relevant considering the deaths caused by redneck republican NRA members like Bush and his crew that start wars through lies, torture because their lawyer said it was OK and are responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands, perhaps well over one million men, woman and children.

If these people were put on trial, with only the evidence that is already out there they would be found guilty. So please don't linger too long on young people that have, for whatever reason gone insane and killed innocent people with guns.

And proportionately, there are probably as many mentally challenged democrats as there are republicans, though one would think the democrats would know better.
He will be allowed to own firearms on Oct 3 2013.
Sure Bush starting wars really has a lot to do with Larry's pointRolling Eyes
(03-07-2013, 01:07 PM)Leonard Wrote: And proportionately, there are probably as many mentally challenged democrats as there are republicans

Not on this forum.