The Wrong-Way I-5 Driver WAS Drunk
[Image: davis-joshuajpg-f5b5ffb99c8588f8.jpg]
Joshua Davis
~Douglas County Sheriff's Office

Quote:A Eugene man is facing criminal charges in connection with a fatal crash near Canyonville last week.

Joshua Davis, 26, was arrested Thursday after being released from the Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, state police said. He was booked into the Douglas County Jail on manslaughter, DUII and reckless endangerment charges after he crashed his SUV head-on with a Kia sedan March 3 while driving the wrong way on Interstate 5 near milepost 102.

The car's driver, Victor Anderson, 44, of Oakland, Ore., was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...al_wr.html
POS
(03-10-2013, 04:56 PM)Clone Wrote: Joshua Davis
~Douglas County Sheriff's Office

Quote:A Eugene man is facing criminal charges in connection with a fatal crash near Canyonville last week.

Joshua Davis, 26, was arrested Thursday after being released from the Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, state police said. He was booked into the Douglas County Jail on manslaughter, DUII and reckless endangerment charges after he crashed his SUV head-on with a Kia sedan March 3 while driving the wrong way on Interstate 5 near milepost 102.

The car's driver, Victor Anderson, 44, of Oakland, Ore., was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...al_wr.html

This happens periodically on I-5. Several years ago an elderly gentleman entered the north bound lane at Grants Pass but ended up going south and was hit by a truck about half way to Rogue River; he, unfortunately he died at the scene.

Perhaps they need ''Wrong Way'' signs on some of these on-off ramps.
While cops are watching hypermilers. Suspicious that they are stoned, because they drive so carefully.
I heard him interviewed. (I think).

He said, "Well of course I was drunk! Only and idiot would do something like that if sober. What? I look like some kind of retard or something? Hey, I'm sorry and all, but people get drunk every day. More people should stay home where they belong".

I'm almost sure I heard that.
I quit playing the bars, thirty years ago. Because of a woman who couldn't handle being around liquor. When she finally quit, it meant thirteen dry years for me. On top of fourteen light ones. Already, I'm back at it. My one drink bar (Margarita on the rocks) is a grapefruit squeezer, a Tupperware cocktail shaker, and a swing away ice crusher. A total investment of four yard sale bucks (And, all very nice). I'm the lucky alcoholic who was in acute pancreatitis years before he had a drink. My pancreas is finally totally burned out (Mayo Clinic did that!) and doesn't holler over a drink or two. Two is all I'm sure of, because two is the sensible limit. And, that's the secret. Anyone can stop at two. And, everyone should.
If we are drinking and I ask if you'd had enough, it's because I think I may have to fight you for your car keys. If we're smoking a little pot, it's just a matter of being a gracious host.