TaskEng
I have Skype loaded on my Netbook.
When I started to use it, Skype told me I had another program running, there wasn't enough memory.....
I had everything shut down; nothing was running.

I notice when I shut down, there is a message about waiting for background programs to close. I get a brief flash of a "TaskEng" program.

Online I'm reading reports as to what it is. Some say it's an important part of the Windows system. Others say it's a giant virus, a trojan horse.

Any opinions on whether I should rid my machine of this thing?
(03-13-2013, 12:39 PM)Clone Wrote: I have Skype loaded on my Netbook.
When I started to use it, Skype told me I had another program running, there wasn't enough memory.....
I had everything shut down; nothing was running.

I notice when I shut down, there is a message about waiting for background programs to close. I get a brief flash of a "TaskEng" program.

Online I'm reading reports as to what it is. Some say it's an important part of the Windows system. Others say it's a giant virus, a trojan horse.

Any opinions on whether I should rid my machine of this thing?

Sounds like a Netbook doesn't have the capacity to run Skype. Remove Skype completely from the system and try this Google video chat instead. I like it better because you can chat with multiple people at the same time. (Free) Big Grin

You may need a Gmail account, if you don't have one you can easily open one in any name you choose. Smiling Good luck.

https://www.google.com/talk/
(03-13-2013, 03:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Sounds like a Netbook doesn't have the capacity to run Skype. Remove Skype completely from the system and try this Google video chat instead. I like it better because you can chat with multiple people at the same time. (Free) Big Grin

You may need a Gmail account, if you don't have one you can easily open one in any name you choose. Smiling Good luck.

Hmmmm...the Skype came pre-loaded on my netbook with the digital livecam, etc.
(03-13-2013, 03:40 PM)Clone Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 03:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Sounds like a Netbook doesn't have the capacity to run Skype. Remove Skype completely from the system and try this Google video chat instead. I like it better because you can chat with multiple people at the same time. (Free) Big Grin

Oh, well that shows you what I know. Laughing Try the Google one and see what it does.
Good Luck, sweetie. I don't even know what a netbook is. Embarrassed
(03-13-2013, 06:21 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Good Luck, sweetie. I don't even know what a netbook is. Embarrassed

Here ya go, Crazylace: Smiling

[Image: hammock-reading.jpg]
(03-13-2013, 03:40 PM)Clone Wrote: ...

I know, I've hack into it and have been watching your cam for a while....

(just kidding, but it can be done)

I recommend that you have a physical flap over your camera lens that you flip up when you want to use your camera and flip close when your not.

also your mic is vulnerable as well.
I plug a dummy plug into my external mic port to disable the internal mic.
They only cost a dollar to make.
Buy a mic at the dollar store and cut the plug off. This plug will stop your build in mic from working when plugged in.

I may be paranoid... or then again, just ahead of the game.
(03-14-2013, 12:14 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 03:40 PM)Clone Wrote: ...

I know, I've hack into it and have been watching your cam for a while....

(just kidding, but it can be done)

I recommend that you have a physical flap over your camera lens that you flip up when you want to use your camera and flip close when your not.

also your mic is vulnerable as well.
I plug a dummy plug into my external mic port to disable the internal mic.
They only cost a dollar to make.
Buy a mic at the dollar store and cut the plug off. This plug will stop your build in mic from working when plugged in.

I may be paranoid... or then again, just ahead of the game.

PLEASE, Chuckles...what IS TaskEng? Inquiring minds want to know!

I just ordered a Dell desktop online...I can't believe how reasonable desktops have become!

The all-in-ones were tempting, but we had to go bare bones this time around.
(03-13-2013, 06:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 06:21 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Good Luck, sweetie. I don't even know what a netbook is. Embarrassed

Here ya go, Crazylace: Smiling

[Image: hammock-reading.jpg]

Damn! I'm going to have to get me one of those netbooks! Wink Razz Big Grin