Wow! Time for the Roseburg Spring Fair!
This coming weekend at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.
I missed it last year, I want to make it this year!

[Image: 166790_10201018448131742_438068214_n.jpg]
(03-17-2013, 10:58 PM)Clone Wrote: This coming weekend at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.
I missed it last year, I want to make it this year!

[Image: 166790_10201018448131742_438068214_n.jpg]

Fairs can be a lot of fun if one approaches them with a bit of a scaled down attitude. Especially enjoyable is one is slightly toasted. Too blasted, and you look at the Quince jam and go, hey I gotta have that. Now! 12 bucks and ounce? I don't care, I want me some Quince Jam.
I always enjoy the handmade stuff. I bought my lady a really cool leather collar with silver studs and a four foot chain. (Joking Clone, Joking! Don't send the mean girls squad after me).

The weather could be a problem. I can't go anyway. The bus here at "the Home" has water in the gas tank and four of the caregivers are out with some kind of herpes. The woman who runs the place (the one with the mustache, not the humped back one) is going through "the change" and only comes in between 1 and 3. Still, for $49.50 a month (including breakfast and dinner) we think it's a good deal. One gets used to the urine smell right away. A TV would be nice, but we play poker for pudding and have wheel chair races in the halls.

Where was I? Oh yeah. The fair. Toke up a fatty and go. It's Roseburg, you may see people you thought died out in the ice age.
No, that's Grants Pass.
I wish Wonky was funny at least some of the time. Maybe Lola will post.
(03-18-2013, 07:16 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I wish Wonky was funny at least some of the time. Maybe Lola will post.

Come on BBQ, I've told you a hundred times how sorry I am that our romantic weekend in Brookings was such a bust. Really, if I could have stopped giggling I would have.

I know my humor is feeble. But people I know in person throw things at me the minute I open my mouth. I gotta have someplace to vent. Cut me just a little slack. I promise I'll root for the KC Royals. (May not be hard; they have some raw talent that could really bust out this year!).

I'm saying I want to make peace. May I send you some See's candy? A bottle of wine? (I through with flowers).

Truce? If not, that's okay too. I promise not to cry.
You've lost your edge. All I'm sayin'. No truce necessary. And I like beer, BTW.
I'm not pissed. March madness and my Jayhawks are a #1 seed. Nothing can piss me off until April.
(03-18-2013, 07:34 PM)bbqboy Wrote: You've lost your edge. All I'm sayin'. No truce necessary. And I like beer, BTW.
I'm not pissed. March madness and my Jayhawks are a #1 seed. Nothing can piss me off until April.

Yeah, Chamberlain started something that, it seems, can't be stopped. (Or am I wrong?) I know he came out of a Kansas school---maybe not the Jayhawks?

About my edge. I lost it in 1954. About the time Wilt got his.
(03-18-2013, 07:42 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 07:34 PM)bbqboy Wrote: You've lost your edge. All I'm sayin'. No truce necessary. And I like beer, BTW.

Yeah, Chamberlain started something that, it seems, can't be stopped. (Or am I wrong?) I know he came out of a Kansas school---maybe not the Jayhawks?

(03-18-2013, 07:57 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 07:42 PM)Wonky Wrote:

If only he had learned to play defense.
But a scoring machine he was. Saw him once at the Cow Palace in San Francisco when he was just past his prime. Still a joy to watch, even after he had lost a step.

Anyway, back to the Roseburg Spring Fair. I forgot to ask Clone is she is driving up. I'd enjoy seeing here there. She is always good for a beer or two. Laughing
I met the director of Roseburg's fairgrounds. He had nothing but wonderful things to say about the community and it's leaders. I said "You don't know them like I do". It turned out that he knew them better than I thought. He is still at large, and the issue about the grants hasn't been resolved.