Added live webcam to my weather website
I figured I would share with you guys a new addition to my website. I have now added a live webcam link to my page. I think it is the only live weather camera in Medford at this time. Let me know what you think. Also as a side note if you run Firefox or Chrome browsers you will need to add a Windows Inter-operability Plug-in, because it runs on Windows Media Player. It is a legitimate add-on and does not add any viruses or malware to your computer. The links are on the page just follow the download instructions. Feel free to share with anyone you know.

Thanks,
Ryan

http://www.ryanweather.com/LiveCam.html
(03-24-2013, 01:56 PM)Ryan541 Wrote: I figured I would share with you guys a new addition to my website. I have now added a live webcam link to my page. I think it is the only live weather camera in Medford at this time. Let me know what you think. Also as a side note if you run Firefox or Chrome browsers you will need to add a Windows Inter-operability Plug-in, because it runs on Windows Media Player. It is a legitimate add-on and does not add any viruses or malware to your computer. The links are on the page just follow the download instructions. Feel free to share with anyone you know.

Thanks,
Ryan

What will I see if I download a plug in? Your back yard?Big Grin
(03-24-2013, 02:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 01:56 PM)Ryan541 Wrote: I figured I would share with you guys a new addition to my website. I have now added a live webcam link to my page. I think it is the only live weather camera in Medford at this time. Let me know what you think. Also as a side note if you run Firefox or Chrome browsers you will need to add a Windows Inter-operability Plug-in, because it runs on Windows Media Player. It is a legitimate add-on and does not add any viruses or malware to your computer. The links are on the page just follow the download instructions. Feel free to share with anyone you know.

Thanks,
Ryan

What will I see if I download a plug in? Your back yard?Big Grin
You will actually see a pretty nice view of the Siskiyou mountain range from my neighborhood. Plus if you are a cloud nerd like me all kinds of cool clouds rolling by Smiling. If you don't want the live version you can always click on the Webcam tab at the top for still images.
(03-24-2013, 02:20 PM)Ryan541 Wrote: You will actually see a pretty nice view of the Siskiyou mountain range from my neighborhood. Plus if you are a cloud nerd like me all kinds of cool clouds rolling by Smiling. If you don't want the live version you can always click on the Webcam tab at the top for still images.

Cool thanks. I wonder if any of the people here who.. see the black helicoptors, if you know what I mean. Will object to your big brotherismRazz
Well if they do object so be it. Look at the Grants Pass live camera that the Courier runs it is on 24/7 and nobody seems to object to it. I still state is strictly for weather observation purposes.
(03-24-2013, 02:35 PM)Ryan541 Wrote: Well if they do object so be it. Look at the Grants Pass live camera that the Courier runs it is on 24/7 and nobody seems to object to it. I still state is strictly for weather observation purposes.

I was just kidding. But there is the possibility that your live camera could help solve a crime.Smiling
Yes it already has a few times over the last few years. Mainly vandalism type crimes when the new homes were being built across the street from me.
You should make it so we can move it by remote control. And add a telescoping lens. Smiling
(03-24-2013, 02:59 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You should make it so we can move it by remote control. And add a telescoping lens. Smiling

Good ideas. Maybe with future software updates it might be possible
And a list of interesting neighbors.

(You're too gullible.) Laughing
(03-24-2013, 02:58 PM)Ryan541 Wrote: Yes it already has a few times over the last few years. Mainly vandalism type crimes when the new homes were being built across the street from me.

GoodBig Grin I wonder if you are talking about the spray paintings that I seem to remember over there.
I use a Macbook thing made by the Apple people and if I downloaded the Windoz Media Player I'd get fined.

But I don't need it.

TVg was up there last week casing the place and told me the view is just so-so anyway. But he may have been just pissed. He thought Ryan would have a 54" Plasma TV, but peeked in the window only to find a 13 inch black and white. Said he might steal the video camera if he is up that way again, just for spite. Razz
(03-24-2013, 04:28 PM)Wonky Wrote: I use a Macbook thing made by the Apple people and if I downloaded the Windoz Media Player I'd get fined.

But I don't need it.

TVg was up there last week casing the place and told me the view is just so-so anyway. But he may have been just pissed. He thought Ryan would have a 54" Plasma TV, but peeked in the window only to find a 13 inch black and white. Said he might steal the video camera if he is up that way again, just for spite. Razz

And I'm gonna do it wearing a Cletus mask I made with photoshoppe
(03-24-2013, 04:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 04:28 PM)Wonky Wrote: I use a Macbook thing made by the Apple people and if I downloaded the Windoz Media Player I'd get fined.

But I don't need it.

And I'm gonna do it wearing a Cletus mask I made with photoshoppe

Laughing