Call for Moderators
Call for Moderators

RogueValleyForum.com is putting out a call for volunteer moderators for the site. Moderators are responsible for ensuring that the site remains a venue for constructive and meaningful discussion by helping uphold the community guidelines, issuing corrective action when guidelines are not adhered to, and offering assistance to site members as needed.

As a moderator, you will be the public face of the site and therefore must act with the utmost professionalism, courtesy, and discretion at all times. Bias towards particular viewpoints or individuals must never come into play at any time while taking any actions as a moderator.

The rewards are few and the responsibilities many, and hopefully you will find it enjoyable to help build a community where people are able to express themselves and hold a dialogue in a civil manner.

At this time, we are looking to bring on two to three individuals as moderators.

If you are interested in helping, please send me a PM indicating such. Please also note whether or not you have ever been in a position of moderator or admin on any forums or boards in the past, and indicate what software the board used (if you know).

Thanks,

Kam
All,

Thank you for your nominations. If you have any more to submit, please get them to me ASAP. I hope to contact several people within the week to discuss the possibility of them becoming mods.

I'll also be opening a couple threads soon in order to poll opinions of how we should roll this out.

As for those who have asked "why?", the main reason is time. Full-time employment, family obligations, home/yard work, and everything else I deal with doesn't really leave the time to spend a few hours a day on the site making sure things don't go sideways.

Thanks!