There goes the Forum....
(03-29-2013, 10:12 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 10:09 AM)tealeaf Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:54 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't know a single soul from the ILGP days that would want the job. Seems most of them have considered RVF nothing more than a place to lie with the dogs. Perhaps that's why those of us who came here from ILGP are in favor of moderation. Eliminate the dogs... they won't last long.

....wow, just wow...

(03-29-2013, 09:51 AM)Tiamat Wrote: This is such a telling quote on so many levels.
Good grief! I wonder, are you really speaking for all your friends from your old venue?
I'll have to agree with these ladies.
If y'all think the people that you chose, and continue to choose, to hang out with on here, are 'dogs', it says quite a lot about you.

Me?BlinkUnsure

Tea meant Scrapper. She was agreeing with our Twitch reaction.
(03-29-2013, 10:12 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 10:09 AM)tealeaf Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:54 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't know a single soul from the ILGP days that would want the job. Seems most of them have considered RVF nothing more than a place to lie with the dogs. Perhaps that's why those of us who came here from ILGP are in favor of moderation. Eliminate the dogs... they won't last long.

....wow, just wow...

(03-29-2013, 09:51 AM)Tiamat Wrote: This is such a telling quote on so many levels.
Good grief! I wonder, are you really speaking for all your friends from your old venue?
I'll have to agree with these ladies.
If y'all think the people that you chose, and continue to choose, to hang out with on here, are 'dogs', it says quite a lot about you.

Me?BlinkUnsure

No...Scrapper, and her claim that ILGP folks consider this a place to lie with the 'dogs'.
Even old dogs can be taught new tricks. Smiling
(03-29-2013, 09:31 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 11:44 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 10:23 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Btw, Tia, you'd be my first pick for a Mod on this site. if you have the time.

I like Tia and all... but IMO... those with ties to MTF would not a great choice for a moderator.

The only RVF member that I have seen SHOW that they could do the job is CSRowan; and I doubt he's interested in the job. Can't really blame him.

Following this line of logic I can infer that it would also not be a great choice for anyone with past ties to ILGP forum to be in that position either. Excellent! This narrows the playing field considerably, don't you think?

I don't know a single soul from the ILGP days that would want the job. Seems most of them have considered RVF nothing more than a place to lie with the dogs. Perhaps that's why those of us who came here from ILGP are in favor of moderation. Eliminate the dogs... they won't last long.

You can lie to some dogs.
Not Lola, TVg's dog. Lola can spot a lie in a heartbeat.
(but the "meat" of your post is clear and good, Scrappy; Let "the dogs" die out and things would be good here)

But who decides which ones are dogs?

Personally I would like to see the moderators, in the discussion forums be more like moderating a debate and then have a vote to see which argument won.

A debate is, basically an argument within certain rules not an undisciplined shouting match between passionately believed points of view. In fact debating rules of conduct require some sophisticated arguing techniques. And for fun, real debaters will often find themselves in a position where they have to argue the opposite of what they actually believe in.

To me, the end result of a dialogue is to discover the truth, no matter whose Ox is gored, and to say that the other side is wrong is not enough, you have to show why the other side is wrong.

This is best done by taking a main point of the other side's argument and showing that it does not make sense but one must never, ever criticise the individual speakers only criticise what they say or it will cost you marks.

You can certainly say, ''this is fucking ridiculous'' or ''that politician is full of shit'' but you then you better have great reasoning behind such statements, but ''fuck you'', ''stick it'', ''blow it out your ass'' or ''Osama bin Whatthefuck'', are simply not acceptable in an discussion on issues.

So there you have it, a moderator that won't allow personal attacks and will state so, on the thread every time a line is crossed. After a predetermined number of serious breaches the person is asked to leave. This would force people to be civil and discuss their differences in a more cultured environment, seeking to find answers instead of personally directed verbal abuse; what an novel idea.
I didn't say "all"
And... Ponder is correct.
(03-29-2013, 10:22 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Even old dogs can be taught new tricks. Smiling

depends on the dog, I'm thinking.

Who exactly are the old dogs, IYO? The old MTF folks? Just TVGuy? Larry? SP?
And if you're trying to teach new tricks, it's not working........not even a little bit, that I can see.
How long you going to try to change everyone? 'til it sticks? That's pretty funny Big Grin

It really is too bad, sometimes, that you've (ilgp folks) gotten the rules to change. I liked it better before. Smiling
I'll just start with the lowest level ones and work my way up, how about that? Smiling
(03-29-2013, 10:46 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I'll just start with the lowest level ones and work my way up, how about that? Smiling

lololo

knock yourself out Big Grin
(03-29-2013, 07:12 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 05:45 AM)Scar Wrote: It needs to be someone who's fair and balanced. A man with strong morals and faith, a conservative white male is the obvious first choice:-)

Maybe Simon Peter would take on the job.

Hell no, no way I'll clean up after all these liberal turds.
(03-29-2013, 10:29 AM)Leonard Wrote: But who decides which ones are dogs?

Personally I would like to see the moderators, in the discussion forums be more like moderating a debate and then have a vote to see which argument won.

To me, the end result of a dialogue is to discover the truth, no matter whose Ox is gored, and to say that the other side is wrong is not enough, you have to show why the other side is wrong.

There is no place in your mind for the fact that some people simply believe differently than you do? "Won"? "Wrong"? I disagree........
Since we cannot change them, we must find a way to utilize them. Smiling
[Image: 3634_10151638586108465_1135090876_n.jpg]
(03-29-2013, 10:29 AM)
[quote='Leonard Wrote:

Leonard, this sounds like you want a facilitator. Someone who stimulates the conversation, by asking questions, verifying points, and continuing or concluding the discussion.
(03-29-2013, 10:29 AM)Leonard Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:31 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 11:44 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I like Tia and all... but IMO... those with ties to MTF would not a great choice for a moderator.

The only RVF member that I have seen SHOW that they could do the job is CSRowan; and I doubt he's interested in the job. Can't really blame him.

Following this line of logic I can infer that it would also not be a great choice for anyone with past ties to ILGP forum to be in that position either. Excellent! This narrows the playing field considerably, don't you think?

I don't know a single soul from the ILGP days that would want the job. Seems most of them have considered RVF nothing more than a place to lie with the dogs. Perhaps that's why those of us who came here from ILGP are in favor of moderation. Eliminate the dogs... they won't last long.

You can lie to some dogs.
Not Lola, TVg's dog. Lola can spot a lie in a heartbeat.
(but the "meat" of your post is clear and good, Scrappy; Let "the dogs" die out and things would be good here)

A debate is, basically an argument within certain rules not an undisciplined shouting match between passionately believed points of view. In fact debating rules of conduct require some sophisticated arguing techniques. And for fun, real debaters will often find themselves in a position where they have to argue the opposite of what they actually believe in.

This is best done by taking a main point of the other side's argument and showing that it does not make sense but one must never, ever criticise the individual speakers only criticise what they say or it will cost you marks.

You can certainly say, ''this is fucking ridiculous'' or ''that politician is full of shit'' but you then you better have great reasoning behind such statements, but ''fuck you'', ''stick it'', ''blow it out your ass'' or ''Osama bin Whatthefuck'', are simply not acceptable in an discussion on issues.

So there you have it, a moderator that won't allow personal attacks and will state so, on the thread every time a line is crossed. After a predetermined number of serious breaches the person is asked to leave. This would force people to be civil and discuss their differences in a more cultured environment, seeking to find answers instead of personally directed verbal abuse; what an novel idea.

Hear, Hear!
But it won't work. (Sorry, the glass is half empty)

But Leonard, I swear by all that's holy (the SF Giants) that your posts have, of late, have become increasingly more interesting as you add personal comments to the things you find to quote/post.

So to this extent, the debate is improved. Maybe stuff like this is what is required. The few changes we can all make to be more...something. Better, for lack of another word.

The glass could become full. Maye our cups could even runnith over.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzquZ4G1K0S8Lv6w8Zg82...6Z0Ev_UTOQ]
(03-29-2013, 12:58 PM)BeerMe Wrote:

Nope, no moderation needed. Thanks.

Whaddya talking about. You are completely out of control!Big Grin
(03-28-2013, 10:23 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Btw, Tia, you'd be my first pick for a Mod on this site. if you have the time.

I like Tia and all... but IMO... those with ties to MTF would not a great choice for a moderator.

Yeah the ILGP forum now that it's gone was perfect forum with Mother Teresa's and Gandhi's all over the place.Razz
By the way did we ever say thanks for Gordon and ILC?

I went to that forum and looked around once, It wasn't any fucking different than here and plenty of dogs came from there.
(03-29-2013, 08:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah the ILGP forum now that it's gone was perfect forum with Mother Teresa's and Gandhi's all over the place.Razz

I went to that forum and looked around once, It wasn't any fucking different than here and plenty of dogs came from there.

Isn't that the reason they folded? Why MTF folded. Why the Coast folded? Writings on the wall people.
(03-29-2013, 10:23 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 11:44 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I like Tia and all... but IMO... those with ties to MTF would not a great choice for a moderator.

Isn't that the reason they folded? Why MTF folded. Why the Coast folded? Writings on the wall people.

They only fold when the OWNER decides to let them fold. Before there was a report button was it a hassle for Kaygasso? I don't think so.
(03-29-2013, 10:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 10:23 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 09:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Following this line of logic I can infer that it would also not be a great choice for anyone with past ties to ILGP forum to be in that position either. Excellent! This narrows the playing field considerably, don't you think?

They only fold when the OWNER decides to let them fold. Before there was a report button was it a hassle for Kaygasso? I don't think so.

Perhaps, but I can think of a more hassle free method to the issue. Fold. Done. No more drama, no more issues. It's been a nice ride, thanks! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!