Home Sales Soaring
This means something good is going on, eh? Smiling

KDRV NewsWatch 12

40 minutes ago.

Realtors in the Rogue Valley say sales statistics are soaring. In Jackson County the median price for homes jumped 26% to $182,750, compared to the $145,000 median from last year. Homes are also selling faster: 61 days on the market is the average this year, compared to spending 78 days on the market last year.
If we don't pass the criminal justice levy, who in their right mind would want to come here? Maybe thieves and pot growers but who said they were in their right mind? Josephine County is always the last to recover---doesn't take a lot of brilliance to wonder why!
We are a beacon of hope. The levy isn't really criminal, so much as foolish. Kitzhaber is throwing the staters at us, to keep the miracle alive. Clean shaven, fresh minted staters. But, just until we come to our senses? So, look for us to be loudly, and expensively policed.
Without their army, how do they handle a timber sale protest, and a county commissioner meeting, at the same time? From here, to Kitazhaber's office, you won't find a friend.
It's very good news that the r.e. market is improving. I hope that doesn't mean prices get crazy again. Right now, people are trapped in houses they can't sell, and can't move on to new lives and new jobs. We have to get used to the idea that maybe we won't get back what we paid. In some cases people just can't do that because they don't want to owe the bank. Meantime, it is very encouraging that houses are starting to move again.
The market sample here, is too small to ever be a sure indication. And then too...realtors? The stock market is a little easier read. And, it indicates that this place is about to explode. If it even begins to appear that way, the rush to cash out will dampen increases. This is a buyer's market, for a while.
(04-04-2013, 10:40 AM)illcommandante Wrote: The market sample here, is too small to ever be a sure indication. And then too...realtors? The stock market is a little easier read. And, it indicates that this place is about to explode. If it even begins to appear that way, the rush to cash out will dampen increases. This is a buyer's market, for a while.

Clone just showed that median prices went up 26% in just one year. Many buyers might disagree with you.
This IS very good news, regardless of the negatives people feel the must interject.
My friends in the real estate business are happy, they can pay their bills again. My friends in retail are happy that they are doing better. My friends in wholesale are happy they are doing better.
People are moving here from out of the area, despite the lack of law enforcement.
Again, regardless of people's drive to post negatives, this is good news and things are looking up around us!
(04-04-2013, 10:44 AM)gapper Wrote: This IS very good news, regardless of the negatives people feel the must interject.
My friends in the real estate business are happy, they can pay their bills again. My friends in retail are happy that they are doing better. My friends in wholesale are happy they are doing better.
People are moving here from out of the area, despite the lack of law enforcement.
Again, regardless of people's drive to post negatives, this is good news and things are looking up around us!

Yeah it's a crushing blow to the people who want the end to be near. A house near me went on the market and immediately buyers were driving by.
One guy met the realtor so he may have bought the home.
At the time there wasn't any deafening noise like there often is from industrial or aggregate zoned land next door.. People should talk to residents in a neighborhood before they buy based on a 1 hour visit.
I'm just remembering that a lot of folks have been hurt. And, advising a cautious approach. I suppose the bill for living here will come do. That can only fall on the owners. We've been invested in some grand schemes, with more than enough money to solve our problems. But the money is solving the financial problems of shippers, and industry. Our infrastructure supports a facade, over a shambles. Built to help sell us by the square foot. As if they'd taken the people I was educated beside, and given them uniforms, and declared them real. This is a possible fisherman's and naturalist's paradise. And, nothing else good, ever. We have to have a draw, for money, and talent. The estate sales, treat me very well, but tell me what people come here for. The garage sales tell me who can't get out. An everyday wine walk, would appeal to many (As it does). But, not to all. This valley needs a better reason to live. Industry (Like Rendatta) isn't the answer. SOREDI's answers are nice to some people. The angel thing has run it's course, for another year. That nothing here works, works fine for some.
Real estate lets you parlay a small amount of money for potentially big gains. I like that part. And it's an enforced savings plan in the meanwhile.
Real estate subjects me to codes and covenants. And, repeated "Bursts". A hay operation might appeal to me. Something to cover a mortgage. If I couple forty foot of trailer on the back of this little motorhome, I'm in the lap of luxury, and free to ramble. For a little insurance, and a tank of gas a month. I can boondock salmon runs and berry harvests, in the warm weather. And then. snuggle up to full hookups for the rainy season (Or head for Yuma). I can live fat and happy for less than four grand, a year. Rivers. Lakes. Local Festivals. Real physicians. When the pot business settles out, there'll be a load of geriatric freaks out wandering. Up here, laying their money on us. The ownership thing has it's merits. It treated me very good. But it stuck me with neighbors, a little too well off, for their own good. Golfers and drinkers. The more I'm adjusting to freedom, the better it works. If I want to be mobile, in my business, that'd put me way ahead. Another thing is, I'm not confident in the home buyers tax break.
(04-04-2013, 11:47 AM)illcommandante Wrote: If I couple forty foot of trailer on the back of this little motorhome, I'm in the lap of luxury, and free to ramble. For a little insurance, and a tank of gas a month. I can boondock salmon runs and berry harvests, in the warm weather. And then. snuggle up to full hookups for the rainy season (Or head for Yuma). I can live fat and happy for less than four grand, a year. Rivers. Lakes. Local Festivals.

What a great country eh?Big Grin But a 40 foot trailer behind a little motorhome?
I'm allowed 65', total. With a Duratech V8. Set to go.