Help Find the Bomber
(04-20-2013, 08:14 PM)gapper Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 07:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 06:56 PM)gapper Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 09:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah. I did wonder about their obvious um... tactile look about them. Not really the best appearance if you are a bomber looking to stay under the radar.

does anyone else find it amazing that giant backpacks are even allowed on people within certain zones during public events?

Well, people scream bloody murder about their rights being violated if someone suggests there should be tighter gun regulations, I don't think it would go over very well were the "evil gubment" to suggest prohibiting back packs in public.

Do you take your shoes off at the airport?

Yes. For a couple of minutes, then I put them back on again. And being herded through airport turnstiles is a whole different scenario than roaming around downtown Boston.
Apples and oranges. But none the less, people cry about that being an infringement on their rights as well.

Not sure if it's really apples and oranges at all. The capitalists could get rich. Make a see through back pack that would be approvable. Or maybe just having your backpacks screened. Which, really would be very similar to your "apples".
(04-20-2013, 09:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 06:56 PM)gapper Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 09:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: does anyone else find it amazing that giant backpacks are even allowed on people within certain zones during public events?

Well, people scream bloody murder about their rights being violated if someone suggests there should be tighter gun regulations, I don't think it would go over very well were the "evil gubment" to suggest prohibiting back packs in public.

Yes. For a couple of minutes, then I put them back on again. And being herded through airport turnstiles is a whole different scenario than roaming around downtown Boston.
Apples and oranges. But none the less, people cry about that being an infringement on their rights as well.

Not sure if it's really apples and oranges at all. The capitalists could get rich. Make a see through back pack that would be approvable. Or maybe just having your backpacks screened. Which, really would be very similar to your "apples".

Here is a link to a picture of the entire marathon route. Imagine thousands of people along much of the entire route. Down on the lower right hand side, there is an image of the crowd in but one small section of the route. Your argument is that such a scenario is similar in any fashion to the confines of an airport?
I strongly disagree.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...Q&dur=1375

Quote:The event attracts 500,000 spectators each year, making it New England's most widely viewed sporting event. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Marathon
I've done a fair amount of flying in my time and I've never encountered a half a million passengers spread over 26 plus miles to be screened.
[Image: freedom_zps69b6c448.jpg]
(04-20-2013, 09:16 PM)gapper Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 09:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 06:56 PM)gapper Wrote: Well, people scream bloody murder about their rights being violated if someone suggests there should be tighter gun regulations, I don't think it would go over very well were the "evil gubment" to suggest prohibiting back packs in public.

Here is a link to a picture of the entire marathon route. Imagine thousands of people along much of the entire route. Down on the lower right hand side, there is an image of the crowd in but one small section of the route. Your argument is that such a scenario is similar in any fashion to the confines of an airport?
I strongly disagree.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...Q&dur=1375

Quote:The event attracts 500,000 spectators each year, making it New England's most widely viewed sporting event. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Marathon
I've done a fair amount of flying in my time and I've never encountered a half a million passengers spread over 26 plus miles to be screened.

Well, I'm not really trying to present an argument. They are going to have to relook at what they consider doing in the future no matter what.
I am not a free person BECAUSE of Govenment. I am a free person in SPITE of it.
(04-20-2013, 09:53 PM)Larry Wrote: I am not a free person BECAUSE of Govenment. I am a free person in SPITE of it.

I'm not sure if you are posting because of my posts or in spite of them.Wink
(04-20-2013, 09:53 PM)Larry Wrote: I am not a free person BECAUSE of Govenment. I am a free person in SPITE of it.

Your not free to leave the planet.

"Start your own Country if you don't like the rules in this one. ".
Larry
(04-20-2013, 06:20 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 11:06 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 05:00 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Those 2 guys are either with Craft International or possibly Blackwater.

Yeah. I did wonder about their obvious um... tactile look about them. Not really the best appearance if you are a bomber looking to stay under the radar.

does anyone else find it amazing that giant backpacks are even allowed on people within certain zones during public events?

I think those guys are the good guys, What agency they are from is a mystery. But you can bet your ass that anyone with big backpacks at crowed events will be watched or stopped.

Then why are they on the page with lines coming to and from them?

I think those pics were posted BEFORE it was determined they were not the bad guys
(04-21-2013, 01:37 PM)gapper Wrote:

"Start your own Country if you don't like the rules in this one. ".
Larry

This is the one that comes closest to my beliefs. Well, at first. When it was founded, and what it was founded on. It would be nice if more people wanted that, instead of handouts from cradle to grave.
http://www.weaselzippers.us/2013/04/21/p...r-weapons/

The bombers did not have permits for the guns they had.

But, but.. it's the LAW! Their access should not exist! Because... well, there's a LAW, right? How can that be possible?
(04-21-2013, 01:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah. I did wonder about their obvious um... tactile look about them. Not really the best appearance if you are a bomber looking to stay under the radar.

I think those guys are the good guys, What agency they are from is a mystery. But you can bet your ass that anyone with big backpacks at crowed events will be watched or stopped.

I think those pics were posted BEFORE it was determined they were not the bad guys

They were. My questions was, if they were "anti terrorist" or "good guys" wouldn't the FBI know? Seriously. Who ARE those guys??
OMG. The ad on the top of the page? For backpacks!
(04-21-2013, 07:20 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 01:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-19-2013, 09:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: does anyone else find it amazing that giant backpacks are even allowed on people within certain zones during public events?

They were. My questions was, if they were "anti terrorist" or "good guys" wouldn't the FBI know? Seriously. Who ARE those guys??

Beats me, I guess the pictures were made public before whatever agency could inform whatever agency of who they were.
(04-21-2013, 07:47 PM)Tiamat Wrote: OMG.Twitch The ad on the top of the page? For backpacks!

I'ts like magic, just say the word a few times and up pops and ad.

Lets try it, I want to see an advertisement for a tentBig Grin Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent

Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent
Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent
Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent
Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent Camping tent tents go camping outdoors with a tent
This is how it ends. Infrared and robots.

(04-21-2013, 08:48 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: This is how it ends. Infrared and robots.

Unsure