Annette Funicello
Disney Mouseketeer and iconic teen star Annette Funicello has passed away at age 70.

I am a fan of the of the D23 page on facebook and they announced this today.
[Image: 180px-Beach_Party_Annette_Funicello_Fran...-1960s.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m6s3sdLN0P1qh0yodo1_1280.jpg]

So long Annette fullofjello Big Grin
That's crass TV.

And so you.
(04-08-2013, 10:50 AM)Valuesize Wrote: That's crass TV.

And so you.

It's what kids called her back in the day. It is what it is.
(04-08-2013, 09:56 AM)blondemom Wrote: Disney Mouseketeer and iconic teen star Annette Funicello has passed away at age 70.

I am a fan of the of the D23 page on facebook and they announced this today.

She was a very classy lady.

The way she held herself during the long years of that awful illness is something we should all learn from.

RIP my favourite Mouseketeer.
Her NYTimes obituary:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/movies...times&_r=0
Rest in peace Annette. I grew up with you. When the A and E started to bend on your shirt while you were a Mouseketeer, it really got my attention, and I mean that with all due respect.
That's Frankie Avalon.
Another unfulfilled fantasy, forever lost. Sad

(There is still Madonna)
I knew remotely, of her difficulties with her health. She soldiered on to make 70. What's funny is, I'm sixtyseven, and I always saw her as a little kid. From the start. Maybe that image stuck in my head. I figured her for about sixtyfive. I was more focused on Bridget Bardot.
I was very young when those beach movies were advertised on tv (my mom surely would not allow me to see those!). I couldn't wait to be a teenager to stuff myself into a wild bikini and play beach blanket bingo. She was so cool to me back then. Pretty and self-assured, a true 'good girl'. RIP Annette.
And also Jonathan Winters!Sad