Is anyone watching "weed country" on TV?
You can watch it here. It has Movie stars like Mike Winters who plays Sheriff Mike Winters in the video. He does a great jobRazz

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/weed-country
I think we have recorded two episodes so far but haven't watched them..... So, NO, not watching. Yet...
I think it is a great show. The Jackson county deputy on it makes me want to puke.
I don't watch TV.
(04-08-2013, 05:19 PM)tornado Wrote: I think it is a great show. The Jackson county deputy on it makes me want to puke.

This show is about our Rogue Valley? Blink
(04-08-2013, 05:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 05:19 PM)tornado Wrote: I think it is a great show. The Jackson county deputy on it makes me want to puke.

Some of it is.

In a remote wilderness tucked deep inside the border of California and Oregon – known as the Emerald Triangle – marijuana flourishes. Farmers in this area can earn millions in a single summer, but with that kind of reward comes huge risk. Growing marijuana here is a cutthroat business -- where only the best survive.

WEED COUNTRY, a new six part series on Discovery Channel premiering Wednesday, February 20, 10|9c, shows the battle between cops, dealers and the growers looking to engineer some of the most powerful marijuana on earth.

Today eighteen states and Washington, D.C., have legalized medical marijuana. Washington state and Colorado recently approved marijuana for recreational use and at least 10 more states are expected to consider similar legislation this year. But for the farmers in states that have harsh laws, the risks are great. A marijuana farm with over a thousand plants could land someone in jail for up to 40 years.

Many of the growers see it as their duty to supply the plant for much needed medicinal purposes. “Any other flower that had these medical properties would be treated as the greatest discovery to happen in this century,” said Nate Morris, who began growing marijuana at just 14-years-old and hopes to turn the plant into a medical game changer.

However, in the eyes of the government, Nate and his fellow growers are felons committing serious crimes and the idea of medical marijuana is a scam. “Kids are getting a hold of it and that’s one of my big concerns. It is a problem of epidemic proportions,” said Jon Lopey. Sheriff Coroner of Siskiyou County, California.

Heavily armed with weapons and helicopters for aerial surveillance, these hardline law enforcers will stop at nothing to take down the growers’ operations and cut off their supply chains. As the pressure intensifies, turf wars and battles erupt between neighbors. Will the growers win the fight to change hardline political and social attitudes? Or will the authorities be able to bring them down once and for all?
(04-08-2013, 05:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: I don't watch TV.

You can watch it on yer puter.. der . It will probably get a Kadime award.
(04-08-2013, 06:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 05:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: I don't watch TV.

You can watch it on yer puter.. der . It will probably get a Kadime award.

How did you know I watch shows on my putter?

[Image: dixx_putter.jpg]

Well, If you say it'll get a God damn award, then maybe I should watch it.

(PS, you need one of them there, spell checkers.)
Yeah it will get an award like Honey boo will get an award.Big Grin

Yes it is. Actually it is about the "Emerald Triangle" a term which should make you say ooohh. The pseudo documentary turned reality show is a joke. You have Jackson County Deputies on a raid of an illegal grow in the forest whispering and acting all cautious with guns drawn, then without any explanation the scene changes to a legal California grow and some lame shit grower talks about how to "smuggle" a pound or so of legal cannabis to his fricking legal patient.

The whole show is an hyped up bullshit sensationalistic crock of shit. The so called smuggler looks in his rear view mirror of his car while driving the weed to the patient and acts all nervous when he sees another car following him down the highway. The car passes him without incident and the farce continues. I will not watch it again.

Mike Winters is a wanna be Elliot Ness. He is also is a publicity seeking whore. He loves the public notoriety more than any Cop in our area. Think about the Supreme Court case where he tried to keep medical marijuana patients from obtaining Concealed weapon permit.
(04-08-2013, 07:11 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Yes it is. Actually it is about the "Emerald Triangle" a term which should make you say ooohh. The pseudo documentary turned reality show is a joke. You have Jackson County Deputies on a raid of an illegal grow in the forest whispering and acting all cautious with guns drawn, then without any explanation the scene changes to a legal California grow and some lame shit grower talks about how to "smuggle" a pound or so of legal cannabis to his fricking legal patient.

The whole show is an hyped up bullshit sensationalistic crock of shit. The so called smuggler looks in his rear view mirror of his car while driving the weed to the patient and acts all nervous when he sees another car following him down the highway. The car passes him without incident and the farce continues. I will not watch it again.

Mike Winters is a wanna be Elliot Ness. He is also is a publicity seeking whore. He loves the public notoriety more than any Cop in our area. Think about the Supreme Court case where he tried to keep medical marijuana patients from obtaining Concealed weapon permit.

Well like ALL reality shows you have to realize the producers try and ad drama.

Quote:You have Jackson County Deputies on a raid of an illegal grow in the forest whispering and acting all cautious with guns drawn

Acting?? You think they were acting? They were airlifted on the end of a long rope from a helicopter to a site near where millions of dollars worth of drugs that were most like guarded by the Mexican cartel.
The possibility of being shot is no act.

Quote:The whole show is an hyped up bullshit sensationalistic crock of shit.

Some is, some is not. Is the The story about the guy who is making a new drug by removing the THC and and ending up with only CBD bullshit?

They say it dramatically reduces the child's seizures. Or is it bullshit?
CBD's have also been found to help with anxiety and other things.
Some pharmaceuticals prescribed for anxiety-issues are also prescribed for seizures.
Seems like it would be a good thing for someone reputable to produce and sell. Doesn't get you high and doesn't contain THC (which can trigger schizophrenia/paranoia).
They're all cops, in your rear view mirror. Just take another toke, and quit worrying. Like the warning that comes with my prescribed marijuana pills, "Exercise caution while driving". If I'm gettin' you all encouraged, I better warn ya'. Always have an energy drink sitting in the holder, FULL!!!! Never have more than you can wash down. You can't wash down a pipe. And, a joint isn't so easy. And it's not paranoia. That's one more line of crap. I handed out LSD tabs by the hundreds, and hundreds, before the law changed. And, no one had a bad trip. The only bad trip is runaway law.
(04-08-2013, 07:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Quote:You have Jackson County Deputies on a raid of an illegal grow in the forest whispering and acting all cautious with guns drawn

Acting?? You think they were acting? They were airlifted on the end of a long rope from a helicopter to a site near where millions of dollars worth of drugs that were most like guarded by the Mexican cartel.

Some is, some is not. Is the The story about the guy who is making a new drug by removing the THC and and ending up with only CBD bullshit?

OK, my point was that much of the drama is a bait and switch type drama, as in showing the illegal grows then blending in the story line with the legal grows to confuse the viewer. There are better reality shows out there that are much more realistic; this one is stupid. I do however agree that some parts were basically real. It is how they put it together that made it a dishonest portrayal of the business of medical marijuana.
This one seems to be the same type show only set in Humboldt.

[video=youtube][video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC4uQTGolkQ[/video][/video]
We were never given the name of the Jackson County sheriff who shot a cartel grower in the back. I can understand the precaution. That's a very hard action to defend. And, while I at first thought it simply marked every sheriff in Jackson County, I quickly realised, they know his name. And still, they may all be marked. What will change, when the sheriffs commmence their duties as revenuers?
(04-08-2013, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: You can watch it here. It has Movie stars like Mike Winters who plays Sheriff Mike Winters in the video. He does a great jobRazz

You do love your reality tv, TV.
(04-08-2013, 07:41 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 07:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:

OK, my point was that much of the drama is a bait and switch type drama, as in showing the illegal grows then blending in the story line with the legal grows to confuse the viewer. There are better reality shows out there that are much more realistic; this one is stupid. I do however agree that some parts were basically real. It is how they put it together that made it a dishonest portrayal of the business of medical marijuana.

I don't know what episode you watched but i was confused by the same thing.

This guy...............[Image: weed-country-mike-boutin-300x300.jpg]

They acted as if he didn't have medical MJ permit but he obviously did. Then they said his concealed weapons permit was revoked so he was "vulnerable'?? Unless the dude was a felon he could still have a freaking gun.
That guy was a tool and his tweeker wife was a spas. I just kept looking at them and thinking GET A FREAKING JOB!Laughing
They raided us in Humboldt. I was going to College of The Redwoods, and some of us were squatting in a little place we built in the forest. It was a big combined action that we were lucky brought along a reporter. To see that nothing was smoking. They weren't very happy. But, left us alone, out of embarassment. Staters. Feds. Sheriffs. The whole gang. Like they do now.
(04-08-2013, 07:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: You can watch it here. It has Movie stars like Mike Winters who plays Sheriff Mike Winters in the video. He does a great jobRazz

You do love your reality tv, TV.

I doBig Grin And NCIS is the number one crime show in the country. Wow talk about BULLSHIT.
At least with reality you know that SOME of it really is. As opposed to sitcoms.