Northern Lights in Our Area?
Will we be able to see the Northern Lights in our part of the world? The maps I've looked at don't really make sense to me. Also, are we supposed to have clouds/rain? Any idea what the right time would be to get out there for a look?
Next summer might work pretty good.
I loved that show.
(back when I watched TV)
It is pretty uncommon for areas this far south to see the northern lights. Some areas in N. Oregon and Washington are more likely to see them if it is a big solar energy wave. I think with the partly cloudy skies the next few nights seeing the lights even if they are faint would be quite difficult. You can always head further east into the Cascades where the clouds are thinner and the city lights are non existent. Just my 2 cents from a weather nerd perspective. I am by no means a northern lights expert Smiling
(04-13-2013, 02:32 PM)Ryan541 Wrote: You can always head further east into the Cascades where the clouds are thinner and the city lights are non existent.

Or stay home and drop acidRazz
Once while trapping alligators in The Northern Territories I saw the Southern Lights. TVg and I were there in the Winter of '46. He may have put something in my coffee. I know for sure I peed in his canteen.
(04-13-2013, 02:49 PM)Wonky Wrote: Once while trapping alligators in The Northern Territories I saw the Southern Lights. TVg and I were there in the Winter of '46. He may have put something in my coffee. I know for sure I peed in his canteen.

Laughing

AS it turns out, it was too cloudy to see anything on Saturday night. Sigh.
(04-15-2013, 11:11 AM)TennisMom Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 02:49 PM)Wonky Wrote: Once while trapping alligators in The Northern Territories I saw the Southern Lights. TVg and I were there in the Winter of '46. He may have put something in my coffee. I know for sure I peed in his canteen.

Laughing

AS it turns out, it was too cloudy to see anything on Saturday night. Sigh.

Should have dropped the acid.
(04-13-2013, 11:52 AM)chuck white Wrote: I loved that show.
(back when I watched TV)

Northern Exposure.Wink
(04-15-2013, 07:54 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(back when I watched TV)

Northern Exposure.Wink

AWESOME!
(04-15-2013, 07:56 PM)Larry Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 07:54 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(back when I watched TV)

Northern Exposure.Wink

AWESOME!

Guess it's been a while.