Spread This Message So All Can Enjoy!
One sumer we camped up at Lost Creek to view the Leonids meteor shower. It was a weekday night and there weren't many campers so we lay down on the pavement and watched for a few hours. The sky was ours that night. Smiling
(04-22-2013, 06:08 PM)Crazylace Wrote: One sumer we camped up at Lost Creek to view the Leonids meteor shower. It was a weekday night and there weren't many campers so we lay down on the pavement and watched for a few hours. The sky was ours that night. Smiling

Sounds wonderful!
(04-22-2013, 06:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-22-2013, 06:08 PM)Crazylace Wrote: One sumer we camped up at Lost Creek to view the Leonids meteor shower. It was a weekday night and there weren't many campers so we lay down on the pavement and watched for a few hours. The sky was ours that night. Smiling

Sounds wonderful!

NOT! Camping is wonderful ONLY if you have a Sealy Posturepiedic mattress, unlimited hot water for a standard size shower, a good seat in a pleasant cafe that offers a good dark roast coffee and a variety of newspapers. And a climate controlled enclosure is a must. Tents are made for boy and girl scouts who have not been completely civilized yet.
Our ancestors camped because they had no choice. When you have a choice, never sleep on the ground. Big Grin
Do I need to bring a gift to the meteor shower?
Any particular time?
I went outside last night at about 2:30 for a little while but maybe saw one streak across the sky. Crazylace, that idea about going to Lost Creek Lake sounds great - the Leonid Meteor Shower is in August, right?
I saw a red green light zip across the sky.
If I was on mushrooms, it would have been 'Far out'
(04-23-2013, 01:54 PM)TennisMom Wrote: I went outside last night at about 2:30 for a little while but maybe saw one streak across the sky. Crazylace, that idea about going to Lost Creek Lake sounds great - the Leonid Meteor Shower is in August, right?

Yes. I couldn't stay up late last night, i had to work, and when i was outside there was a waxing moon, couldn't see any stars for the moon.
Next time. Smiling