Food Stamps for Pets
A non-profit group has started up a food stamp program that is a little different... Food Stamps for Pets!

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video....D=24775731

Sorry, I don't know how to embed this video. ~Scrapper
(04-29-2013, 03:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote: A non-profit group has started up a food stamp program that is a little different... Food Stamps for Pets!

Well if people want to give their money away to people like this couple it's none of my business.They can't feed their tiny dog with out help yet they appear to live in a brand new house with a side by side fridge, Hardwood, tile floor, fresh fruit, bananas on the upscale counter and I bet a lot more than we can't see.
I would sell everything I had to feed my dog.That kitchen table and chairs would sell for enough to feed that little dachshund for a long time.Then I would sit on the floor and eat with himRazz

Plus although I don't feed my dogs table scraps unless it's meat I would feed them other leftovers if I was that poor.My dogs also get eggs everyday, they are cheap and could be purchased with foodstamps. My friend has been buying his cat tuna with food stamps for years.
I'm gonna look into food stamps for my bird.
(04-29-2013, 04:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 03:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote: A non-profit group has started up a food stamp program that is a little different... Food Stamps for Pets!

Well if people want to give their money away to people like this couple it's none of my business.They can't feed their tiny dog with out help yet they appear to live in a brand new house with a side by side fridge, Hardwood, tile floor, fresh fruit, bananas on the upscale counter and I bet a lot more than we can't see.
I would sell everything I had to feed my dog.That kitchen table and chairs would sell for enough to feed that little dachshund for a long time.Then I would sit on the floor and eat with himRazz

Plus although I don't feed my dogs table scraps unless it's meat I would feed them other leftovers if I was that poor.My dogs also get eggs everyday, they are cheap and could be purchased with foodstamps. My friend has been buying his cat tuna with food stamps for years.

My vet recommends chicken noodle soup for older dogs. It helps them desire food, but the gas is almost not worth the trade off..... Right Wonky? Big Grin
(04-29-2013, 05:36 PM)Larry Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 04:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

My vet recommends chicken noodle soup for older dogs. It helps them desire food, but the gas is almost not worth the trade off..... Right Wonky? Big Grin

Tell me about it!
Sadie, my neighbor dog who spends more time with me than her family --- the kids are in school and the folks work.
So, Sadie is starting to stay at least 15 from me. Not fair! She expels some noxious fumes herself, but can't seem to handle my chicken noodle diet.
She loves to retrieve, but drops the ball 15 feet away and makes me get it.
But, I love her dearly, and might even change my diet to a Purina product in hopes of reducing the chicken noodle gas war.
It is a private, not-for-profit group so it's not like tax dollars are paying. I hope this good idea isn't abused.
If people just ate their pets, they'd kill two birds without one food stamp.
(04-29-2013, 06:54 PM)tornado Wrote: If people just ate their pets, they'd kill two birds without one food stamp.

..or let their pets eat them.
(04-29-2013, 07:01 PM)Crazylace Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 06:54 PM)tornado Wrote: If people just ate their pets, they'd kill two birds without one food stamp.

..or let their pets eat them.

Quote:Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
(04-29-2013, 06:53 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It is a private, not-for-profit group so it's not like tax dollars are paying. I hope this good idea isn't abused.

I still can't imagine begging for dog food when I live in a freaking new house full of furniture and conveniences. IMO the people in the video are abusing this "good idea".
The bawling lady in the video who won't or can't get a job should wipe off those tears and go find some cans and bottles along the street.
(04-29-2013, 07:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 06:53 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It is a private, not-for-profit group so it's not like tax dollars are paying. I hope this good idea isn't abused.

I still can't imagine begging for dog food when I live in a freaking new house full of furniture and conveniences. IMO the people in the video are abusing this "good idea".
The bawling lady in the video who won't or can't get a job should wipe off those tears and go find some cans and bottles along the street.

Life can be hard, and for all we know a couple of years ago they could well afford the "things" they have.
Wage earning people are said to be 90 days away for trouble, and not long after can be homeless. For all we know, these folks will be living in their van in a couple of months.
Or not.
Just a thought.
I do like the idea of people getting together to provide this service. When we take the responsibility of keeping domestic pets we need to honor them as best we can.
(04-29-2013, 08:56 PM)Wonky Wrote: When we take the responsibility of keeping domestic pets we need to honor them as best we can.

Back in last fall sometime, I made a reservation for five nights at a yurt in Beverly Beach State Park on the coast. Paid for it with the credit card...it was for mid-June. We started thinking about the fact we now have Jolie and made the call. No, no animals are allowed in that yurt. Cancel reservation...no openings until at least after the middle of October.

Pet owners gotta do what they gotta do!

(would you believe I checked the campground map and the ONE dog-friendly yurt out of 21 yurts is RIGHT NEXT to the yurt we had to cancel?) Sigh.
(04-29-2013, 08:56 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 07:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Life can be hard, and for all we know a couple of years ago they could well afford the "things" they have.
Wage earning people are said to be 90 days away for trouble, and not long after can be homeless. For all we know, these folks will be living in their van in a couple of months.
Or not.
Just a thought.
I do like the idea of people getting together to provide this service. When we take the responsibility of keeping domestic pets we need to honor them as best we can.
Like doing whatever it takes to feed them? Or just beg? Sorry it just strike me as odd that these people that appear to have all the modern conveniences can't buy food to feed a tiny dog? Whatever I totally like the idea for PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED HELP.

I thought that was, what this was all about.
If people ate their pets, then they should be allowed to buy pets with food stamps.

[Image: splash_bgrd3.jpg]
Good gawd... Rolling Eyes Someone needs to pull their head out of their.... Dry

Where does the story state they were "begging" for dog food? It appears the offer was there and they accepted it.

Yes, the family in the story have a home and furniture and WTH ever. They were living the American dream... and all of a sudden the carpet was pulled out from under them. It happens! I don't recall the story including what the family is doing to get back to their original plan of living the American dream. They accepted some free dog food, for christ's sake.

It's a friggin story about a group of people coming together to offer assistance for families to feed their pets during hard times. But certain Negative-Nancy-Crabby-Ass folks have to try to turn it into something that it isn't.
I agree Scrapper.
It seems some just can't let good things just be good things without trying to find or create negatives around it.

Just because a family's home doesn't look like a run down White City single wide, doesn't mean they aren't hurting financially.

For me, life is too short to put out such effort to make everything a negative, or somehow find a negative element.
Meh.....
"Good gawd" Someone needs to pull their head out of their...You can't say "ASS" and you address me as "someone" and call me Negative-Nancy-Crabby-Ass and this is YOUR way of obeying these rules you adore?
What a hypocrite you are Skanky. I have a differing opinion, that doesn't mean I have my head up my ass or anything else.

What it means is that white bread middle class people who live like kings shouldn't need charity to feed a freaking Dachshund.
Quote: Gappy...
Just because a family's home doesn't look like a run down White City single wide, doesn't mean they aren't hurting financially.

I didn't claim that was what it meant. I did claim they probably had other ways to go than charity

Quote: GappyFor me, life is too short to put out such effort to make everything a negative, or somehow find a negative element.
Meh.....

Meh? Sorry your life is too short and what ever elseLaughing I said I totally like the idea for PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED HELP.
(04-30-2013, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Good gawd" Someone needs to pull their head out of their...You can't say "ASS" and you address me as "someone" and call me Negative-Nancy-Crabby-Ass and this is YOUR way of obeying these rules you adore?
What a hypocrite you are Skanky. I have a differing opinion, that doesn't mean I have my head up my ass or anything else.

What it means is that white bread middle class people who live like kings shouldn't need charity to feed a freaking Dachshund.

I didn't claim that was what it meant. I did claim they probably had other ways to go than charity

Quote: GappyFor me, life is too short to put out such effort to make everything a negative, or somehow find a negative element.
Meh.....

Meh? Sorry your life is too short and what ever elseLaughing I said I totally like the idea for PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED HELP.

Like you said:
(04-29-2013, 04:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well if people want to give their money away to people like this couple it's none of my business.

Bye bye.
(04-29-2013, 04:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well if people want to give their money away to people like this couple it's none of my business.

You are so correct! It is NONE of your business.
(04-30-2013, 01:26 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Good gawd" Someone needs to pull their head out of their...You can't say "ASS" and you address me as "someone" and call me Negative-Nancy-Crabby-Ass and this is YOUR way of obeying these rules you adore?

Meh.....

Like you said:

Bye bye.

Right and I'm not interfering with them, I'm only saying what I think. Buh bye Rowie.Big Grin