LSD Inventor Albert Hofmann Dead at Age 102
Quote:Albert Hofmann, the pioneering Swiss chemist and advocate of psychedelics who discovered the hallucinogenic properties of LSD, died Tuesday. He was 102.

Hofmann reportedly died of a heart attack at his home in Basel, Switzerland.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/0...ventor-al/

Crying
I owe some good times to Al.
There was a time when I thought Albert Hoffman brought mankind head food from the Gods.
(04-30-2013, 07:22 AM)cletus1 Wrote: There was a time when I thought Albert Hoffman brought mankind head food from the Gods.

And now?
LSD just screws up your up your brain. It's basically poison. The people who acted like it was God's gift like Timothy Leary were idiots in La la land.
(04-30-2013, 07:22 AM)cletus1 Wrote: There was a time when I thought Albert Hoffman brought mankind head food from the Gods.

Maybe he did.
Maybe people, as usual, misunderstood.
I only took LSD 3 times, but I don't regret any of them.
I've never done LSD. I am actually one of the few people my age that didn't try much at all in the drug days of the 70's. I do know many people that did do LSD and lots of other things back in the day. I don't recall hearing a single story of regret. BTW, those that I know that have tried LSD are all very intelligent people... so I doubt it dumbed them down.
(04-30-2013, 11:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I've never done LSD. I am actually one of the few people my age that didn't try much at all in the drug days of the 70's. I do know many people that did do LSD and lots of other things back in the day. I don't recall hearing a single story of regret. BTW, those that I know that have tried LSD are all very intelligent people... so I doubt it dumbed them down.

You don't here regret from the ones who jumped out of windowsLaughing
I gave it up for shrooms along time ago.
(04-30-2013, 10:05 AM)tvguy Wrote: LSD just screws up your up your brain. It's basically poison. The people who acted like it was God's gift like Timothy Leary were idiots in La la land.

Yeah, right. I mean, look at how screwed up and poisoned Jack Nicholson, John Lennon and Steve Jobs, to name just a few, were.... Blink
(04-30-2013, 05:55 PM)gapper Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 10:05 AM)tvguy Wrote: LSD just screws up your up your brain. It's basically poison. The people who acted like it was God's gift like Timothy Leary were idiots in La la land.

Yeah, right. I mean, look at how screwed up and poisoned Jack Nicholson, John Lennon and Steve Jobs, to name just a few, were.... Blink
Those losers?? Wink
I gave the stuff up.
It's been weeks, since I've dropped.
Laughing

[Image: load.gif]
I was standing duty in the pharmacy at Naval Hospital Balboa, where the pharmacyst was making acid by the pound. I personally distributed thousands of hits. We kept San Diego partying. And then, the law changed. And then the bad trips started. One trip on acid, is sufficient. You never come back. And, maybe don't even notice you've left.
(04-30-2013, 08:23 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

And now?

Albert Hoffman experienced his first full blown psychedelic trip after he inhaled ergot fungus. LSD is still synthesized from Ergotamine tartrate. So now, I guess I think Albert Hoffman was just being a scientist trying to find out how that rye fungus did that to him.
If you were lucky enough to attend a debate between Timothy leary and G. Gordon Liddy, you'd see the obvious. Liddy took a thumping that he'll never forget. If he's even aware that he took one.
(04-30-2013, 05:55 PM)gapper Wrote:

I didn't say or mean to imply that it has lasting affects.I was talking about what it does to your brain while you are on the drug.
I guess I just find the notion that a brain that no longer fires on 8 cylinders or even worse is some magical wonderful thing.
(05-01-2013, 11:55 AM)tvguy Wrote: I didn't say or mean to imply that it has lasting affects.I was talking about what it does to your brain while you are on the drug.
I guess I just find the notion that a brain that no longer fires on 8 cylinders or even worse is some magical wonderful thing.

Maybe more like nitrous oxide firing those cylinders.
Flashback to the 60's, reality is for people that can't handle drugs.
(05-01-2013, 12:31 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 11:55 AM)tvguy Wrote: I didn't say or mean to imply that it has lasting affects.I was talking about what it does to your brain while you are on the drug.

I don't think so. That would mean the brain on LSD was working faster and better.
(05-01-2013, 12:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 12:31 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:

I don't think so. That would mean the brain on LSD was working faster and better.

differently. Unlocking the doors of perception.