Today's Creepy Tiger Shark Fact
[Image: 420725_656780191014333_2089469240_n.jpg]

This behaviour was first noted when a marine biologist dissected a pregnant shark, and was bitten by the embryo!

New research suggests that this is most pronounced when different males have fathered offspring. A study published this week found that that later in pregnancy, it was highly likely that any remaining embryos had the same father. This suggests that cannibalism is a competitive strategy to ensure paternity by the males.

More info: http://bit.ly/17xvLTL
I can't wait to hear tomorrow's creepy tiger shark fact. Smiling
The same holds for lawyers.
(05-01-2013, 08:58 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I can't wait to hear tomorrow's creepy tiger shark fact. Smiling

OK. It was mostly Tiger sharks who killed about 800 crewmen who survived the sinking of the USS Indianapolis.

Awesome and chilling story told by Robert Shaw....

(05-01-2013, 08:03 PM)Clone Wrote: [Image: 420725_656780191014333_2089469240_n.jpg]

This behaviour was first noted when a marine biologist dissected a pregnant shark, and was bitten by the embryo!

New research suggests that this is most pronounced when different males have fathered offspring. A study published this week found that that later in pregnancy, it was highly likely that any remaining embryos had the same father. This suggests that cannibalism is a competitive strategy to ensure paternity by the males.

More info: http://bit.ly/17xvLTL

I don't know squat about anything scientific. (I can however, tie my own shoes. Most days).
Stuff like this fascinates me! Knowledge, added to knowledge, leads us to more information and information is the key to understanding. I have no idea how this will prove useful, in general, but I'd bet it does.
Keep on trunkin' Clone. These titbits are so much more interesting than the arguments about the 2nd amendment. (Already ruled on, without doubt by SCOTUS)

Stuff like this is (IMHO) a good mix on this forum. Should I ever uncover anything interesting (little hope) I'll share too.