This is great news
3 missing woman found alive
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/us/ohio-mi...?hpt=hp_t1

3 young women that vanished 10 years ago found alive, that to me is so amazing.
WHAT an incredible story. There's so much to say about it. I hope these three ladies can get on with their lives and get some kind of compensation. They will have health issues to deal with, both physical and psychological. I hope those responsible burn in Hell.
(05-07-2013, 04:09 PM)TennisMom Wrote: WHAT an incredible story. There's so much to say about it. I hope these three ladies can get on with their lives and get some kind of compensation. They will have health issues to deal with, both physical and psychological. I hope those responsible burn in Hell.

I imagine the victims will have/get movie/book compensation. Judging from what I've read about the neighborhood, I doubt they will get anything from the suspects.
The girl with the child is about to speak to media. Try this or use your favorite feed.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvptve/...cvpstream1

She changed her mind. The media in an effort to GET their story are animals. Thumbs Down
I was amazed at the reported cost and value of the house.
$12,000 back in 1992 , The property has four bedrooms, a bathroom, a 760sq ft (71sq m) basement, two porches and an attic. There is also a detached garage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22446157

In 2012, it was valued at $36,100

That's better then around southern Oregon.
I was wondering about who will be paying their immediate medical bills. Obviously they have no insurance. Who picks up the tab for their stay in the hospital? Isn't it crazy to have to think about these things at a time like this? With a National Health plan, that family wouldn't have to worry. Now they do, if they can even find an insurance company which will accept them.

Great country we live in. Dry
(05-08-2013, 04:20 PM)TennisMom Wrote: I was wondering about who will be paying their immediate medical bills. Obviously they have no insurance. Who picks up the tab for their stay in the hospital? Isn't it crazy to have to think about these things at a time like this? With a National Health plan, that family wouldn't have to worry. Now they do, if they can even find an insurance company which will accept them.

I'm sure they'll sue their captors, Put a lean on the house. Maybe they had home owners insurance.
Do you mean a lien? That $36,000 house will work out to a whopping $12,000 apiece, minus lawyer fees, court costs and collection costs. Smiling
I saw on the news where no charges were filed on Pedro and Onil Castro. Apparently they were not involved.
(05-08-2013, 04:20 PM)TennisMom Wrote: I was wondering about who will be paying their immediate medical bills. Obviously they have no insurance. Who picks up the tab for their stay in the hospital? Isn't it crazy to have to think about these things at a time like this? With a National Health plan, that family wouldn't have to worry. Now they do, if they can even find an insurance company which will accept them.

Great, if they receive bills they should post them. Somewhere.
I'm sure someone is already starting a fund for them, and it will be filled with the donations of thousands upon thousands of people in short order. Which is great for them, but I don't think it will work for the homeless guy down the street who isn't on the national news.
In the world of Health Care $36,100 will about cover a broken leg.
It is a serious question and I hope we get some answers from somewhere. These women should all have health care/dental care and not have to rely on donations.

There was an article about the fund created for victims of the Boston bombing, which is now about $30 million. Estimates for the medical care of those victims are said to go way beyond that amount. What's next for them?

Yeah a it is a great country TM. Who picks up the tab? WE do. My friend just got out of the hospital for the second time. This time he was there for 5 days and released. He was even given a MRI. He has no money he will never pay.

Worst case scenario their credit will be bad,big deal, file bankruptcy and move on.

It is a great country.
(05-08-2013, 08:47 PM)csrowan Wrote: I'm sure someone is already starting a fund for them, and it will be filled with the donations of thousands upon thousands of people in short order. Which is great for them, but I don't think it will work for the homeless guy down the street who isn't on the national news.

What do you want to bet people send them their old shoes and toilet seats? That's what happens when we have a natural disaster.
(05-09-2013, 08:54 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 08:47 PM)csrowan Wrote: I'm sure someone is already starting a fund for them, and it will be filled with the donations of thousands upon thousands of people in short order. Which is great for them, but I don't think it will work for the homeless guy down the street who isn't on the national news.

What do you want to bet people send them their old shoes and toilet seats? That's what happens when we have a natural disaster.

I have a old shoe I can donate, it's a left shoe, size 10.
Do you have an address?

I might be able to locate a toilet seat, if that would help.
http://www.koin.com/news/national/auto-e...stro-death

Quote:Auto-erotic asphyxiation possible in Castro death

Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro may have died from auto-erotic asphyxiation, not suicide, and two prison guards falsified logs documenting their observation of him in the hours before he died, the state said Thursday.

Castro's pants and underwear were pulled down to his ankles when he was found, leading the state to forward those facts to the state highway patrol to consider the possibility of auto-erotic asphyxiation, according to the report from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

The report suggests — but does not conclude — that Castro may have died as the result of auto-erotic asphyxiation, whereby individuals achieve sexual satisfaction by briefly choking themselves into unconsciousness.
(10-10-2013, 09:05 AM)Scrapper Wrote: http://www.koin.com/news/national/auto-e...stro-death

Quote:Auto-erotic asphyxiation possible in Castro death

Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro may have died from auto-erotic asphyxiation, not suicide, and two prison guards falsified logs documenting their observation of him in the hours before he died, the state said Thursday.

Castro's pants and underwear were pulled down to his ankles when he was found, leading the state to forward those facts to the state highway patrol to consider the possibility of auto-erotic asphyxiation, according to the report from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

The report suggests — but does not conclude — that Castro may have died as the result of auto-erotic asphyxiation, whereby individuals achieve sexual satisfaction by briefly choking themselves into unconsciousness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24487839

Quote:The report said Castro's intentions were unclear, however the facts had been "relayed to the Ohio State Highway Patrol for consideration of the possibility of auto-erotic asphyxiation" - the act of restricting air supply for sexual pleasure.

But Franklin County coroner Jan Gorniak said there were no signs Castro had been sexually stimulated, speaking in a statement to media on Thursday.

"That's why I called it a hanging suicide," she is quoted as saying by the Plain Dealer newspaper.
I wonder about whoever invented auto-erotic asphyxiation. What a strange way to experience 'pleasure'. Confused

Still, death was too good for this deviant.