Regarding the perceived "dumbing down"
So it would seem that PT feels that the reason that this forum is stagnating is because it has been "dumbed down" from its former self.

But, and mind you this is from one of the resident idiots, I can't help but wonder if Ponder This, himself, is to blame. He is the self-acknowledged forum intellectual and he has been absent quite a lot. So naturally, the forum must be all the dumber due to his sabbatical.

But maybe that bodes well for the rest of us. Going forward, we just have to grade our intellectual ability on a curve. With Ponder not participating as much, we do not have to compare our simple selves to his genius... and we all appear that much smarter!

And here I thunk I be a moron.
With the temperature climbing, it's no wonder that people are not on here as often.
We seem to discuss this every year......
(05-11-2013, 10:17 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: So it would seem that PT feels that the reason that this forum is stagnating is because it has been "dumbed down" from its former self.

But, and mind you this is from one of the resident idiots, I can't help but wonder if Ponder This, himself, is to blame. He is the self-acknowledged forum intellectual and he has been absent quite a lot. So naturally, the forum must be all the dumber due to his sabbatical.

But maybe that bodes well for the rest of us. Going forward, we just have to grade our intellectual ability on a curve. With Ponder not participating as much, we do not have to compare our simple selves to his genius... and we all appear that much smarter!

Well said and, in my opinion, spot on.
(05-11-2013, 10:17 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: So it would seem that PT feels that the reason that this forum is stagnating is because it has been "dumbed down" from its former self.

Thank you for your views.

[Image: boreal_clearcut-copyright1.jpg]
I myself have been on less for a number of reason, not least the warming temps and sunshine. So, I don't even know what you are referring to and will just take your word on it.Wink

BZ is correct that when the weather is nice, especially after long spells of cold or wet, less posting/visiting on the forum happens. I think this forum is fairly stagnant. Partly due to low population, but also due to a lack of interest in many different subjects. People post things, including myself and get no replies. Folks don't care about that topic. That, I believe is due to low numbers and needing a wider active membership, which completes my circle of observation.Big Grin
(05-11-2013, 10:50 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

That should bring in the deer and elk.
(05-11-2013, 10:50 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

Very telling. A perfect example of the mind of Ponder. Everyone is to be looked down on.
All loggers are knuckle dragging morons who rape the forest.
Only in the rorschach test of your mind.
(05-11-2013, 12:42 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Only in the rorschach test of your mind.

Right so you have never denigrated GCG or the people he knows because of his occupation?
You know, like you just did with the photo.
I thanked GCG for his views. Nothing more.

You could learn the art of subtlety yourself some time. Smiling
(05-11-2013, 03:30 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I thanked GCG for his views. Nothing more.

You could learn the art of subtlety yourself some time. Smiling

Nothing more?? You should learn the art of honesty.
I was totally honest. To a fault. Smiling
Almost everyone on this forum tries to be an intellectual, with the exception of me of course. I like to drink a little beer and then start trouble maker threads or threads about how stupid the people that disagree with me are. It makes me feel like a big man.

I also like to discuss social issues with GoComets and then point out his ass backward logic and absurd conclusions. You don't have to be real smart to do that.Razz

You all try to hard to sound smart. I don't try at all, but more importantly, I don't care if some of you think I'm not very bright. I'm usually not trying to impress anyone. I am mostly trying to amuse myself and occasionally learn some stuff from one of you real jeaneyusus. Rolling Eyes
(05-11-2013, 03:53 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Almost everyone on this forum tries to be an intellectual, with the exception of me of course. I like to drink a little beer and then start trouble maker threads or threads about how stupid the people that disagree with me are. It makes me feel like a big man.

I also like to discuss social issues with GoComets and then point out his ass backward logic and absurd conclusions. You don't have to be real smart to do that.Razz

You all try to hard to sound smart. I don't try at all, but more importantly, I don't care if some of you think I'm not very bright. I'm usually not trying to impress anyone. I am mostly trying to amuse myself and occasionally learn some stuff from one of you real jeaneyusus. Rolling Eyes

You said "ass backward" back ass-ward. And I conclude that you are logic personified. You are right. That is absurd.
(05-11-2013, 04:01 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(05-11-2013, 03:53 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Almost everyone on this forum tries to be an intellectual, with the exception of me of course. I like to drink a little beer and then start trouble maker threads or threads about how stupid the people that disagree with me are. It makes me feel like a big man.

You said "ass backward" back ass-ward. And I conclude that you are logic personified. You are right. That is absurd.

The word absurd is absurd. I think. I actually have no idea what it means, but it just sounds absurd. But then, I'm not Paul Goodman. Am I?
Based on the recent content of this forum, I'd say Ponder is correct.
It may also have something to so with all the petty bickering going on. Also like BZ said it does slow down when the weather gets nicer. But with me I get tired of seeing the name calling, we aren't in high school any more people.
(05-11-2013, 10:18 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Based on the recent content of this forum, I'd say Ponder is correct.

Well then post something that is thought provoking Ms. Smarty PantsBig Grin
(05-12-2013, 05:31 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-11-2013, 10:18 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Based on the recent content of this forum, I'd say Ponder is correct.

Well then post something that is thought provoking Ms. Smarty PantsBig Grin

I think that Tia is mistaken. This forum hasn't been dumbed down. It has simply veered away from political arguing. I believe that is something that Tia herself has hoped for.

Look, I started this thread as a barb at Ponder because I am sick of his constant whining about the low intellect of the membership here. He passes up no opportunity to remind us of how superior he sees himself. Leonard is no different and he took the time to remind us all with this little tidbit:

"RVF has become another social-networking ''Facebook'' and holds little value for those interested in the larger picture, the one outside yourself."

I've always had nothing but contempt for those that put forth a superior attitude. Its one of my pet peeves.

Ponder and Leo should create their own place where they can back-slap each other and discuss all of the loftier subjects of the world. A place where they need not be troubled by anyone that disagrees with them. Because, after all, disagreement equals stupidity, doesn't it?
Only when it's stupid.