Part of the Dumbing Down Of America
Quote: The nightmare is far from over for two Arizona restaurateurs.

Samy and Amy Bouzaglo’s appearance on Gordon Ramsay’s show “Kitchen Nightmares” went worse than could have been expected when the veteran British kitchen critic and chef walked out on an episode spent trying to improve Amy’s Baking Company in Scottsdale.

“After nearly 100 Kitchen Nightmares, I’ve met two owners who I could not help,” Ramsay said after he walked out of filming the episode in December 2012. “And it wasn’t because I didn’t want to, it’s because they are incapable of listening and in a short period of time, they’ve managed to piss off the community and go through over 100 employees in one year. Samy and Amy continue to blame everyone else, but their biggest problem is themselves. And I know, whatever changes I would have made, they were never going to stick to them and that’s why I’ve decided to do something I’ve never done before. It’s such a shame.

I occasionally watch this show. I missed this episode. These two sound like they know how to make friends and influence people.

Kitchen Nightmares

Some of the Facebook responses are pretty funny.
One dumb person is proof of the dumbing down of America? Unsure I'm starting to really doubt myself when I question someone's post.
(05-14-2013, 07:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote: One dumb person is proof of the dumbing down of America? Unsure I'm starting to really doubt myself when I question someone's post.

Tia, sweet thing, you have no reason question yourself. Over the years you have proven to be bright and up to speed with everything.
Now...
Please don't firebomb my house but...
I am sometimes confused by the questions you ask in response to postings. And it's strange because I know you understand the dialog, but somehow when it's time to inquire you seem to find a different way of saying it that it "obscure", as least to me.

A minor thing, please don't throw rocks at me.
(05-14-2013, 08:10 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(05-14-2013, 07:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote: One dumb person is proof of the dumbing down of America? Unsure I'm starting to really doubt myself when I question someone's post.

Tia, sweet thing, you have no reason question yourself. Over the years you have proven to be bright and up to speed with everything.
Now...
I am sometimes confused by the questions you ask in response to postings. And it's strange because I know you understand the dialog, but somehow when it's time to inquire you seem to find a different way of saying it that it "obscure", as least to me.

Me too sometimes. Nothing like the trouble I had understanding Queue though....
(05-14-2013, 08:10 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Now...

Okayyyy......Unsure.not sure how that relates. (ironic!)You've told me this before.
I apologize to Beer me though, the facebook quotes are hilarious.
Hey Wonky .....I think Tia knows exactly what she is doing. I learned that the hard way a few times before it started to make sense. Same thing with Queue. Ya just have to get into the right frame of mind. Smiling
Thanks Imaham, my old friend. If I speak obscurely, sometimes it is intentional. But when I just flat out come out and say, hey, I don't get it? Or paraphrase in order to clarify a point, well that's not intentional obfuscation. Sometimes I will directly respond to the person who just posted and then I am criticized because I didn't use the quote function.Then I'm just trying to understand as in a couple of posts I've made these last couple of day. Other times, I do indeed post obliquely, being indirect and thinking out loud. I think out loud a lot on here. Too cowardly to attack like TV might, to polite to openly hack apart. Too cynical to be sincere. Not a good pattern. And other times it's just my very black humour coming out and leaving little unappreciated gems. Imaham points out a mind set. I often just post a thought. The middle of a lot of thoughts. So, yeah that sure does seem obscure, I agree. Apparently there are some times when Imaham, and BBQ and some others can step into the thought and just complete it. But it doesn't account for posts that are plain not responded to, or sneered at without taking a moment to see a plain question. What I'm taking away from recent criticisms is just that if it is a Tia post, just assume it is fractured, snarky or insincere without even reading it fully and thinking about it.
Queue is sometimes understandable on purpose, I think he thinks it qcute

Tia posts half a thought sometimes. I think and just doesn't care if anyone can figure out what she's thinking.Laughing
(05-15-2013, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Queue is sometimes understandable on purpose, I think he thinks it qcute

Tia posts half a thought sometimes. I think and just doesn't care if anyone can figure out what she's thinking.Laughing

She says, " If I speak obscurely, sometimes it is intentional".

Not much to say after that. Except to wonder why.
(05-14-2013, 11:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Thanks Imaham, my old friend. If I speak obscurely, sometimes it is intentional. But when I just flat out come out and say, hey, I don't get it? Or paraphrase in order to clarify a point, well that's not intentional obfuscation. Sometimes I will directly respond to the person who just posted and then I am criticized because I didn't use the quote function.Then I'm just trying to understand as in a couple of posts I've made these last couple of day. Other times, I do indeed post obliquely, being indirect and thinking out loud. I think out loud a lot on here. Too cowardly to attack like TV might, to polite to openly hack apart. Too cynical to be sincere. Not a good pattern. And other times it's just my very black humour coming out and leaving little unappreciated gems. Imaham points out a mind set. I often just post a thought. The middle of a lot of thoughts. So, yeah that sure does seem obscure, I agree. Apparently there are some times when Imaham, and BBQ and some others can step into the thought and just complete it. But it doesn't account for posts that are plain not responded to, or sneered at without taking a moment to see a plain question. What I'm taking away from recent criticisms is just that if it is a Tia post, just assume it is fractured, snarky or insincere without even reading it fully and thinking about it.

I think I know how you feel. I post as if everyone knows me and my moods. It doesn't make any sense for me to assume that, but I do. I should realize that its pretty hard to see my tongue in my cheek from the other end of the internet.
(05-15-2013, 03:12 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Queue is sometimes understandable on purpose, I think he thinks it qcute

She says, " If I speak obscurely, sometimes it is intentional".

Not much to say after that. Except to wonder why.

Actually, Wonk I think if you actually read half my posts more completely you would understand them better. As in the one above. The answer is in the text.
(05-15-2013, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Tia posts half a thought sometimes. I think and just doesn't care if anyone can figure out what she's thinking.Laughing

True.
(05-15-2013, 08:15 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Tia posts half a thought sometimes. I think and just doesn't care if anyone can figure out what she's thinking.Laughing

True.
I somehow always fill in the missing half.
(05-15-2013, 08:52 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 08:15 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

True.
I somehow always fill in the missing half.

True, true.
(05-15-2013, 06:18 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(05-14-2013, 11:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Thanks Imaham, my old friend. If I speak obscurely, sometimes it is intentional. But when I just flat out come out and say, hey, I don't get it? Or paraphrase in order to clarify a point, well that's not intentional obfuscation. Sometimes I will directly respond to the person who just posted and then I am criticized because I didn't use the quote function.Then I'm just trying to understand as in a couple of posts I've made these last couple of day. Other times, I do indeed post obliquely, being indirect and thinking out loud. I think out loud a lot on here. Too cowardly to attack like TV might, to polite to openly hack apart. Too cynical to be sincere. Not a good pattern. And other times it's just my very black humour coming out and leaving little unappreciated gems. Imaham points out a mind set. I often just post a thought. The middle of a lot of thoughts. So, yeah that sure does seem obscure, I agree. Apparently there are some times when Imaham, and BBQ and some others can step into the thought and just complete it. But it doesn't account for posts that are plain not responded to, or sneered at without taking a moment to see a plain question. What I'm taking away from recent criticisms is just that if it is a Tia post, just assume it is fractured, snarky or insincere without even reading it fully and thinking about it.

I think I know how you feel. I post as if everyone knows me and my moods. It doesn't make any sense for me to assume that, but I do. I should realize that its pretty hard to see my tongue in my cheek from the other end of the internet.

But, you see, that is the whole point. I think that some of us have been around here for so long that we have figured most of it out, well maybe with the exception of Queue, and we don't think twice about filling in the blanks. That doesn't make us special by any means, it just means that there has been enough time in the saddle to put it all together. Queue excepted! (Although, don't tell him but I have his number too) Smiling
Understanding is easy if you let the Frontal Lobe part of your brain do the heavy lifting. The medulla Oblongata will not help you. However, the Occipital lobe will help you see and the Hippocampus will help you remember. Still, even when I’m using all of my brain, I don’t understand what the hell Tia is saying most of the time. Laughing
(05-16-2013, 08:31 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Understanding is easy if you let the Frontal Lobe part of your brain do the heavy lifting. The medulla Oblongata will not help you. However, the Occipital lobe will help you see and the Hippocampus will help you remember. Still, even when I’m using all of my brain, I don’t understand what the hell Tia is saying most of the time. Laughing

I've been resting my brain for 70 years. Fresh as a daisy, and ready to tackle the big problems.
But...
I think maybe I'll rest it a while longer and deal with just ONE big problem. Maybe try to solve that Chicken and Egg thing. Or how they fill the toothpaste tube through that tiny little hole. I'm guessing machines or people with tiny little fingers.

Now I tired. Too much thinking. Maybe I'll go hang out with TVg for a while. Laughing
(06-03-2013, 08:59 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 08:31 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Understanding is easy if you let the Frontal Lobe part of your brain do the heavy lifting. The medulla Oblongata will not help you. However, the Occipital lobe will help you see and the Hippocampus will help you remember. Still, even when I’m using all of my brain, I don’t understand what the hell Tia is saying most of the time. Laughing

I've been resting my brain for 70 years. Fresh as a daisy, and ready to tackle the big problems.
But...
I think maybe I'll rest it a while longer and deal with just ONE big problem. Maybe try to solve that Chicken and Egg thing. Or how they fill the toothpaste tube through that tiny little hole. I'm guessing machines or people with tiny little fingers.

Now I tired. Too much thinking. Maybe I'll go hang out with TVg for a while. Laughing

Now yer talking. Thinking is way overrated anyway. Look where it gets the big thinkers on this forum. OK now stop looking. Doing is a lot more effective than thinking. OK I'm going out to do before it gets too hot. Then later I won't think about getting a beer. I'll get a beer.