Right Wingers = Real Men
Men who are physically strong are more likely to take a right wing political stance, while weaker men are inclined to support the welfare state, according to a new study.

Researchers discovered political motivations may have evolutionary links to physical strength.
Men's upper-body strength predicts their political opinions on economic redistribution, according to the research.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...z2TVDRmNf6

Didn't need a study to know that.Smiling
In other words, people who prefer to exercise their bodies tend to be conservative and people who would rather exercise their brains are liberals?
Men who are strong enough to steal don't find much benefit in sharing.
(05-16-2013, 04:50 PM)Scar Wrote: Men who are physically strong are more likely to take a right wing political stance, while weaker men are inclined to support the welfare state, according to a new study.

Researchers discovered political motivations may have evolutionary links to physical strength.
Men's upper-body strength predicts their political opinions on economic redistribution, according to the research.

Daily Mail, UK? LaughingLaughingLaughing
They once reported that Hitler was a self hating Jew.
(05-16-2013, 04:53 PM)csrowan Wrote: In other words, people who prefer to exercise their bodies tend to be conservative and people who would rather exercise their brains are liberals?

I'm thinking, California governors.
(05-16-2013, 05:01 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 04:53 PM)csrowan Wrote: In other words, people who prefer to exercise their bodies tend to be conservative and people who would rather exercise their brains are liberals?

And when he was muscular, he was more conservative. Now that he's started losing all that muscle mass and freed up the blood to go to his brain again, he's gotten more and more liberal.

On a more serious note, there are differences in conservative and liberal minds. Much seems to boil down to conservatives seeing threats and quickly reacting, and liberals noticing possible improvements and planning. My guess is that some of the differences in the brain lead conservatives to be more active and liberals to be less active in an industrialized society. Reacters are more likely to be physical and planners are more likely to have desk jobs.

A good society needs a balance. But a good balance requires communication and understanding instead of animosity.

Some summaries of the differences here: http://2012election.procon.org/view.reso...eID=004818
(05-16-2013, 05:07 PM)csrowan Wrote:

And when he was muscular, he was more conservative. Now that he's started losing all that muscle mass and freed up the blood to go to his brain again, he's gotten more and more liberal.

On a more serious note, there are differences in conservative and liberal minds. Much seems to boil down to conservatives seeing threats and quickly reacting, and liberals noticing possible improvements and planning. My guess is that some of the differences in the brain lead conservatives to be more active and liberals to be less active in an industrialized society. Reacters are more likely to be physical and planners are more likely to have desk jobs.

A good society needs a balance. But a good balance requires communication and understanding instead of animosity.

Some summaries of the differences here: http://2012election.procon.org/view.reso...eID=004818

Nope.
Don't buy it. Too general.
For instance, I self identify as a card carrying Liberal.
But...
When thinking about:
Abortion: I'm against it when used as birth control. Really.
Capitol Punishment: I feel the perp outta be allowed to choose it.
Killing people in war. When our country is clearly threatened, kill 'em.
Smoking dope: Where it's against the law, don't do it. (I was guilty).
Sex, except for procreation. Nasty. Laughing (That's why it's even more fun)
Voting more than once. Stupid. Unless you have a really good wig.

And at home, in the dark of night with the doors locked, I thought Barry Goldwater was one hell of a good man.
Given the title coupled with the content, this assumes that physical strength defines a "real man".
Absurd, at best.
(05-16-2013, 05:48 PM)gapper Wrote: Given the title coupled with the content, this assumes that physical strength defines a "real man".
Absurd, at best.

Okay. You have revealed yourself to be a Liberal sissy.

Only a Liberal would say absurd. A Conservative would say, "Bullshit, at best". Laughing
(05-16-2013, 05:46 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 05:07 PM)csrowan Wrote:

Nope.
Don't buy it. Too general.
For instance, I self identify as a card carrying Liberal.
But...
When thinking about:
Abortion: I'm against it when used as birth control. Really.
Capitol Punishment: I feel the perp outta be allowed to choose it.
Killing people in war. When our country is clearly threatened, kill 'em.
Smoking dope: Where it's against the law, don't do it. (I was guilty).
Sex, except for procreation. Nasty. Laughing (That's why it's even more fun)
Voting more than once. Stupid. Unless you have a really good wig.

And at home, in the dark of night with the doors locked, I thought Barry Goldwater was one hell of a good man.

Abortion: I'm against the concept of relying on abortion as birth control. I'd prefer people use other forms that don't require pregnancy in order to be used. But I won't make that choice for anyone.

Capitol Punishment: Most people in the U.S. Capitol need to be punished.

Capital Punishment: I don't like it, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Not sure where I stand on it.

Killing people in war: When our country is invaded, defend it. Get our troops out of anywhere we weren't asked to be in, and preferably out of those places too. And propping up dictators that we'll later have to take down.

Smoking dope: Do what you want, but face the consequences if you're caught. And don't endanger anyone.

Sex: Do what you want, but face the consequences if you're caught. And don't endanger anyone. And make sure everyone consents freely and eagerly.

Voting more than once: Vote in every election, not just one.
(05-16-2013, 04:50 PM)Scar Wrote: Men who are physically strong are more likely to take a right wing political stance, while weaker men are inclined to support the welfare state, according to a new study.

More brawn than brain
(05-16-2013, 05:53 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 05:48 PM)gapper Wrote: Given the title coupled with the content, this assumes that physical strength defines a "real man".
Absurd, at best.

Only a Liberal would say absurd. A Conservative would say, "Bullshit, at best". Laughing

Social liberal (mostly), fiscal conservative. Like many people I know, I don't fit in boxes real well..
But, I really meant to say "fucking absurd bullshit" at best........Embarrassed
(05-16-2013, 06:34 PM)gapper Wrote:
(05-16-2013, 05:53 PM)Wonky Wrote:
Absurd, at best.

Social liberal (mostly), fiscal conservative. Like many people I know, I don't fit in boxes real well..
But, I really meant to say "fucking absurd bullshit" at best........Embarrassed

LaughingLaughingLaughing
It is not a more brawn than brain issue. Right Wingers are extremely more likely to be able to provide for themselves and others through hard work and ingenuity. No wonder the smart, good looking women are righties.
(05-17-2013, 07:07 AM)Scar Wrote: It is not a more brawn than brain issue. Right Wingers are extremely more likely to be able to provide for themselves and others through hard work and ingenuity. No wonder the smart, good looking women are righties.

You are entitled to you opinion, as ridiculous as it sounds. Cool
I wish I had the past minute and a half of my life back....
(05-17-2013, 07:07 AM)Scar Wrote: It is not a more brawn than brain issue. Right Wingers are extremely more likely to be able to provide for themselves and others through hard work and ingenuity. No wonder the smart, good looking women are righties.

According to your link, however, this affect only applies to men. Not women.
(05-17-2013, 08:11 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

According to your link, however, this affect only applies to men. Not women.

Right. The masculine women and ditzes lean left and, like I said, the smart, goodlooking women lean right.
But your link shows no such thing. It only says men with more upper body strength don't like sharing with others.
Idiotic. Rolling Eyes