Medical Marijuana Patients Under Attack in Rogue Valley
(06-01-2013, 06:37 AM)tealeaf Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 05:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 04:45 PM)tealeaf Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 03:35 PM)csrowan Wrote: I thought I recalled hearing that growers are limited by the number of people they are growing for?

And even if it doesn't take 7 months, I assume it still takes several months. Still a long time to wait for medicine.
Once in the bud room, it can be as fast as 6 weeks.

And all of the growers that we've known since my husband has had his license
(more than 10 years now), always seem to have A LOT on hand. This is why they grow.
Patient services places throughout the valley provided for many of those that lost their grower. Many growers donated some to help.
There are some important facts you have not mentioned, like the length of time it takes to get the marijuana to be ready to bud indoors. So, 6 weeks in the "bud room" does not take into consideration the minimum of 8 to 10 weeks of the vegetative sage. Besides, most Southern Oregon growers grow outside. Good luck finding an indoor grower that has room for another patient.

Ask the staff at any medical marijuana clinic if they know of any growers accepting new patients. You will learn that it is very difficult to find a grower. There are over 53,000 patients in Oregon. There are 6,489 in Jackson County alone, only Multnomah County has more, just over 9,000. When you add the 4,000 card holders from Josephine County to Jackson County you can see that Southern Oregon has the most patients in the state. Click the link; it is details the statistics.

https://public.health.oregon.gov/Disease.../data.aspx

That is why Peter Buckley and a few other legislators are attempting to pass a law allowing dispensaries to be licensed and regulated by the state.

I am all for dispensaries. I suppose it can be difficult to find a grower, although we have not had a problem with it, except at the very beginning when we didn't know where to look.
Depending on the strain, I can get buds as quickly as 8 weeks from taking a cutting. Plants that go in the bud room don't have to be big to start. Even a plant a couple of inches tall will work. All depends on what you know.
For someone with a thumb as far frrom green as you can get, for me, pot has turned out to be very easy to grow. Smiling
That sounds like the "Sea of Green" method. Unfortunately most people don't know how to grow or live in apartments and rented homes where the owners prohibit growing marijuana.

I also hope the state does license dispensaries. It will end some of these problems.
Here is an update if you are following the story.

by Newswatch 12 Staff
Published May 30, 2013

MEDFORD, Ore. — One of Southern Oregon’s most vocal supporters of medical marijuana has been in jail one week, and Thursday around 6 p.m., she was released from bail.

Upon walking out of the jail, Laura (Lori) Duckworth confronted media asking for her and her family’s privacy to be respected. She appeared in frail condition, where she thanked the community for their support and asked that she receive no questions. Later this evening her husband is expected to be released as well.

[Image: Duckworth-Laura-Ruth.jpg]

Duckworth appeared in court earlier Thurday, where her bail, originally set at $550 thousand, was reduced to $5 thousand. Her daughter went in Thursday afternoon to post that bail that led to her release.

Leland Duckworth, Lori’s husband, is also being released on $550 thousand bail after the raids associated with Southern Oregon NORML and three other locations last week.

Two other people were also arrested on charges for selling pot out of the medical marijuana dispensaries.

edit: In several unrelated cases, two baby rapers and a man who beat the shit out of his girlfriend were released due to overcrowding at the jail. Ninja
(06-01-2013, 06:52 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 06:37 AM)tealeaf Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 05:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 04:45 PM)tealeaf Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 03:35 PM)csrowan Wrote: I thought I recalled hearing that growers are limited by the number of people they are growing for?

And even if it doesn't take 7 months, I assume it still takes several months. Still a long time to wait for medicine.
Once in the bud room, it can be as fast as 6 weeks.

And all of the growers that we've known since my husband has had his license
(more than 10 years now), always seem to have A LOT on hand. This is why they grow.
Patient services places throughout the valley provided for many of those that lost their grower. Many growers donated some to help.
There are some important facts you have not mentioned, like the length of time it takes to get the marijuana to be ready to bud indoors. So, 6 weeks in the "bud room" does not take into consideration the minimum of 8 to 10 weeks of the vegetative sage. Besides, most Southern Oregon growers grow outside. Good luck finding an indoor grower that has room for another patient.

Ask the staff at any medical marijuana clinic if they know of any growers accepting new patients. You will learn that it is very difficult to find a grower. There are over 53,000 patients in Oregon. There are 6,489 in Jackson County alone, only Multnomah County has more, just over 9,000. When you add the 4,000 card holders from Josephine County to Jackson County you can see that Southern Oregon has the most patients in the state. Click the link; it is details the statistics.

https://public.health.oregon.gov/Disease.../data.aspx

That is why Peter Buckley and a few other legislators are attempting to pass a law allowing dispensaries to be licensed and regulated by the state.

I am all for dispensaries. I suppose it can be difficult to find a grower, although we have not had a problem with it, except at the very beginning when we didn't know where to look.
Depending on the strain, I can get buds as quickly as 8 weeks from taking a cutting. Plants that go in the bud room don't have to be big to start. Even a plant a couple of inches tall will work. All depends on what you know.
For someone with a thumb as far frrom green as you can get, for me, pot has turned out to be very easy to grow. Smiling
That sounds like the "Sea of Green" method. Unfortunately most people don't know how to grow or live in apartments and rented homes where the owners prohibit growing marijuana.

I also hope the state does license dispensaries. It will end some of these problems.

"Sea of Green" cultivation has another major problem, it quickly makes you an illegal grower. Once you have 6 plants flowering, you're at your legal limit per patient. It doesn't matter whether those 6 flowering plants are 6 inches tall or 60 feet, 6 is the limit. Unless you're willing to break the law, Sea of Green, although the fastest turnover, is not the most productive in terms of yield, and I don't think you'll find very many using this method in Oregon either.
(06-01-2013, 06:52 AM)cletus1 Wrote: That sounds like the "Sea of Green" method.

had to look that up. We never had more plants in bud than we were allowed (6). & I know no one who grows like that here at all.
Growing outside, here, is far easier, even tho inside is not hard Smiling
But, it does take several months. Yield is usually quite large on outside plants if you just let God do His thing. You can easily grow enough for a year (for yourself, or your patient) with the guidelines we have now.
We should have dispensaries, and I'm sure we will eventually. You're right, not everyone can, or wants to, grow for themselves.
We didn't want to at first, but I like not having to deal with someone else.