Medical Marijuana Patients Under Attack in Rogue Valley
(05-29-2013, 08:25 PM)gapper Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 06:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: Having said that I also think the sentence is too much. But why should I care?

I care only because we are paying for the 2 year investigation, the jail time and what will likely end up being a costly court case before it's all over.

He made his bed, I just don't like having to pay for it, while other, much more important things go under funded or un- funded all together.

You are 100% right about the big picture. I was talking about my caring about the individual. IMO the sooner MJ is totally legal the better.
(05-29-2013, 08:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: A much more honorable world, where you take firewood from land you don't own to sell, or find street corners of someone elses land to sell from, or cash incomes from buying and selling. You know, the honest ways to make a living.

Wow are you reaching or whatLaughingLaughing That's sure is a lame ass attempt to claim I do something dishonest.
You're just so sure everyone elses income is so dishonest, while your life has been so lily white clean. When, just your tax posts threatening harm to anyone "hurting your bottom line" bely the innocence. This should be enough said.
(05-29-2013, 08:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Prospector, you are so enamored of your tiresome slur that you repeat it 3 times? Well, good job. The power of your argument has convinced me! Big Grin

Apologize if I offended you personally but when someone likes to pick fights for the sake of fighting or arguing without substance, then who is the true "anti- social" and anti society person.

People use to respect our form of government. We grew accustom to trusting they would do right but over time government grew accustom of the citizens not participating or watching what government is doing.

There are plenty of examples of wrong doing. It's your tax dollars, you empowered them via the vote, don't blindly allow them to go off and do what they think is right, tell them what is right!

Think this out... We have to many laws and not enough enforcers of the laws! Certain laws were empowered for a particular time, place, or situation.
(05-29-2013, 10:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 08:26 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 08:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 07:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 06:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Overly successful" is an absurd way to describe criminals who thumb their noses at the laws just so they can knowingly and illegally make hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Having said that I also think the sentence is too much. But why should I care? Apparently unless Brian Wayne Simmons is an idiot which I doubt. He should and probably was well aware of the several felonies he was committing and what the likely sentence would be.
You know what they say, if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

BTW the "Overly successful" growers are the ones we don't know about.
You have no clue on how calloused and simple you sound do you? You remind me of the stupidest hillbillies that respond to ridiculous prison sentences for non violent prison sentences with "well they is criminals aint they" No wonder Ponder takes you to task.

Fuck you Cletus. Your attack on me is what I see as Hillbillyish I don't give a fuck how I "sound" to YOU? I said straight up I think the sentence was too harsh.
And I said why should I care?, the dude MUST have know the risk he was taking when he was walking around with 3/4 of a million bucks.

I could have chose to grow and sell weed a million times, I COULD have also made a lot of cash. I didn't, I worked for what I have. So EXCuuuuse the fuck out of me if I don't cry big tears for these people.

Maybe you and Ponder can get together and light a candle for this poor fellow. Maybe I do sound calloused but there's nothing "simple in anything I said."Simple would be describing someone who willfully disregarded the law and took a big chance as "Overly successful" , I came from a world where you are responsible for your own actions and not a cry me a river world where you always blame the man.

TV, you are missing the point. The person did violate the law and there will be repercussions for that. My point is that the war on drugs, especially weed should not result in the ridiculous prison sentences being handed out by the Federal courts.I totally agree, where did I say otherwise? I don't care that you think it is wrong and deserves punishment. It certainly does not deserve the time the courts are giving. Right you are and I already said the sentence was too much Maybe when some low life shoots you in nuts and gets 6 years and your nice neighbor gets 15 years for growing and selling a bunch of plants it will hit home. Meh probably not.
Yeah I get the total disparity. Not sure why anyone thinks I don't. And Here I thought I was the one who laced comprehension.

I like how you reduce this down to simply "growing and selling a bunch of plants"

There was a lot of money involved and a lot of different people trying to stay under the radar. With that much cash a lot of people you may not like get involved and things happen.It's more than just selling a bunch of plants. It's people who CHOOSE to break the law and CHOOSE to carry these illegal drugs across borders.
This aint Cheech and Chong.
I read where you said that the sentence was too much, but then you have all these qualifiers and caveats as to why the its just too damn bad because he broke the law. I referred to the crime as growing and selling a bunch of plants because that is exactly what it is.

Yes there is the potential to make a lot of money, so what. There are no unhappy victims when that illegal grower broke the law. Like your buddy Leonard pointed out, there are lots of unhappy victims when the banks and mortgage companies screw over people and steal their money. Yet these kind of white collar crimes like fraud, embezzlement and thefts by deception are considered lessor crimes. Why is that?

Americans including you are brainwashed with the war on drugs bullshit propaganda. The disparity in sentences that you say you get, is crime in itself. It is not justice when people that use or sell drugs, especially pot often go to jail for longer than those committing crimes against other people whether it is stealing their homes and money or raping their daughters. I don't think you really get it at all.

Neil Franklin who heads the organization Law Enforcement Against Prohibition was on Rachael Maddow last night. It really is a great interview. The interview starts out talking about Colorado's legalization of marijuana, but also discusses the failed war on drugs. It is a very short video, but worth watching. Neil Franklin is one smart cop.Smiling

Click on the video titled Colorado marijuana regulation echos that of alcohol.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/#52040688
(05-29-2013, 10:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 08:25 PM)gapper Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 06:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: Having said that I also think the sentence is too much. But why should I care?

I care only because we are paying for the 2 year investigation, the jail time and what will likely end up being a costly court case before it's all over.

He made his bed, I just don't like having to pay for it, while other, much more important things go under funded or un- funded all together.

You are 100% right about the big picture. I was talking about my caring about the individual. IMO the sooner MJ is totally legal the better.

Got it. Cool
I am thinking 2014 is going to be the year it is legalized in Oregon. In 1973 I would have never believed it if someone had told me we would still be wasting time and money on the ridiculous prohibition.
(05-30-2013, 04:57 AM)PonderThis Wrote: You're just so sure everyone elses income is so dishonest, while your life has been so lily white clean. When, just your tax posts threatening harm to anyone "hurting your bottom line" bely the innocence. This should be enough said.

For the record, having read this forum and much of yours and TVg's fighting for quite a while now, I would never accuse of TVg of pretending to have lived a "lily white clean' life. Much the opposite, just like most all of us here.

I think in your quest to one up him, you are reaching far and wide for more BS to throw at him and us. Be careful, such obsession can lead to calling others childish names, such as "groin grease" and other adolescent like terms, that really offend no one but he that delivers it, as it shows just how shallow and immature they really are. And that's a FACT. Wink
I don't believe "groin grease" is my term, however.
(05-30-2013, 08:18 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't believe "groin grease" is my term, however.

Its Prospectors. I think they know each other.
(05-30-2013, 06:25 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I read where you said that the sentence was too much, but then you have all these qualifiers and caveats as to why the its just too damn bad because he broke the law. I referred to the crime as growing and selling a bunch of plants because that is exactly what it is.

Again Cletus you seem to confuse the fact that I have no empathy for this guy because he knowingly broke the law in order to get rich. And that even though I feel that way I still think the sentence was too harsh.

Quote:I referred to the crime as growing and selling a bunch of plants because that is exactly what it is.

Yeah and you can say the same thing about kid down the street the street with 20 plants. This guy was a 40 year old drug dealer caught with over 500 large plants and also thousands of pounds of harvested marijuana. And they documented the sale of $740,000 worth of MJ and who knows how much it was in total.

Quote: Yes there is the potential to make a lot of money, so what.

So what? You really think all of that illegal activity and large sums of valuable drugs and money being passed doesn't put people at risk?

Quote: There are no unhappy victims when that illegal grower broke the law. Like your buddy Leonard pointed out, there are lots of unhappy victims when the banks and mortgage companies screw over people and steal their money. Yet these kind of white collar crimes like fraud, embezzlement and thefts by deception are considered lessor crimes. Why is that?

So you and Leonard are going to rationalize that breaking the law is OK because there is white collar crime that is not dealt with as heavy handed.? Maybe you need reminded one more time. I think MJ should be legal. I think this mans sentence was too long.
I don't think I'm justified to DECIDE what laws I can break by rationalizing.

Quote:Americans including you are brainwashed with the war on drugs bullshit propaganda. The disparity in sentences that you say you get, is crime in itself. It is not justice when people that use or sell drugs, especially pot often go to jail for longer than those committing crimes against other people whether it is stealing their homes and money or raping their daughters. I don't think you really get it at all.

No Cletus it's YOU who CLEARLY doesn't get it. Because I agree with what you just said. And I have said so often.
You and I both wish MJ was legal but you can bet your ass that these people who sell it DON'T. Because then the profit margin would disappear.
(05-30-2013, 08:18 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't believe "groin grease" is my term, however.

Yet. That was my point...
I don't foresee "groin grease" ever becoming one of my terms either. I do however see tvguy wanting to throw the legal book freely at others though, while his own sins are glossed over. That's the distinction I see. It's not that I really care what anyone besides myself does so long as it harms no other. It's more like what's up with this urge to always want to boss around or punish others?
(05-30-2013, 10:24 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's not that I really care what anyone besides myself does so long as it harms no other. It's more like what's up with this urge to always want to boss around or punish others?

The double speak in the paragraph above is pitiful, telling and BS, in my opinion.

And I will be honest. I care when people use double speak and BS against another person. You are the master.

If you really don't care, then STFU maybe???????? Oh, yeah, you do care, so you prolong the arguments time and time and time again.

Dishonesty is such an ugly trait.
Which part is dishonest? The hypocrisy of taking the punitive approach to what others do, while excusing ones own?
(05-30-2013, 10:39 AM)gapper Wrote:
(05-30-2013, 10:24 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's not that I really care what anyone besides myself does so long as it harms no other. It's more like what's up with this urge to always want to boss around or punish others?

The double speak in the paragraph above is pitiful, telling and BS, in my opinion.

And I will be honest. I care when people use double speak and BS against another person. You are the master.

If you really don't care, then STFU maybe???????? Oh, yeah, you do care, so you prolong the arguments time and time and time again.

Dishonesty is such an ugly trait.

He has always been dishonest. It's in his nature. It's in his debating style when he tries to change your meaning of what you say by purposely misquoting and then he calls it paraphrasing.
He has for a LONG time attempted to paint me as either dishonest or some kind of criminal because I buy and sell things. Big Whoppie, I'm retired and Ponder is full of shit.
Once After he made these allegations over and over I told him that IF anything EVER became of it and it hurt my families bottom line. I would make SURE he would regret it.
I meant it and I still do. People who live in glass houses that don't worry about permits shouldn't throw stones.
(05-30-2013, 10:42 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Which part is dishonest? The hypocrisy of taking the punitive approach to what others do, while excusing ones own?

My own? You mean like all the criminals who don't report their yard sale profits as income?RazzRazz You're such a weasel it's pathetic.

Quote:Posted by PonderThis - Today 10:24 AM
I don't foresee "groin grease" ever becoming one of my terms either. I do however see tvguy wanting to throw the legal book freely at others though, while his own sins are glossed over. That's the distinction I see. It's not that I really care what anyone besides myself does so long as it harms no other. It's more like what's up with this urge to always want to boss around or punish others?

Here a PERFECT example. He claims I WANT to throw the book at others, obviously meaning this drug dealer we are discussing.
But the reality is that he knows full well I have already said the sentence was TOO LONG and TOO harsh. But he doesn't care as long as he thinks he is fooling someone. Because he is simply dishonest. PERFECT example.

I don't want to throw the book at this guy. I just don't fell sorry for a man trying to get rich by knowingly committing felonies.

And comparing my "sins"RazzBlinkUnsure to this guy is absurd and one more example of dishonesty.
(05-30-2013, 10:57 AM)tvguy Wrote: People who live in glass houses that don't worry about permits shouldn't throw stones.

Exactly. So why urge legal punishments on others then? It's like you're always fine with the authoritative punishing approach first.
(05-30-2013, 10:24 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's not that I really care what anyone besides myself does so long as it harms no other.

If that ^ were an honest statement, then why would you say this?:
Quote: It's more like what's up with this urge to always want to boss around or punish others?

These alleged "urges" don't harm you or anyone else. So, if you don't care, why bring them up?
The answer is, you do care. And you care even more if it comes from TVg.

I've tried to stay out of these personal squabbles between you two but have observed them for some time and indeed have contributed at times, but more often than not, just observe.

My observation is you have a real "thing" against TVg and attempt to discredit and demean him at most every opportunity. Then you, in this case, you say you don't care what anyone besides yourself does as long it doesn't do harm. Well making statements such as TVg has in this thread don't harm anyone, so either shut up or admit that yes, you do care.

So, you are either dishonest or too stupid to see the error of your ways. I am calling dishonest. But remember, you don't care, as my opinion does you no harm. So, logic would dictate you have no come back. Let's see how that works for you.
(05-30-2013, 11:17 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(05-30-2013, 10:57 AM)tvguy Wrote: People who live in glass houses that don't worry about permits shouldn't throw stones.

Exactly. So why urge legal punishments on others then? It's like you're always fine with the authoritative punishing approach first.

He didn't "urge" a freaking thing, but even if he did, it doesn't harm you, or anyone else, and you say you don't care what others do if it doesn't harm you, so stop your lying. You do care or you wouldn't keep asking "why"!?!?!?!
I do care. I don't like this urge to use rule and law to oppress people. I'm far more libertarian in my views than that.