Fire: Beacon Hill I-5 area (video)

I've heard at least one home has burned, possibly 2.
It's Tia's fault.
what caused this fire?
A Dale Matthews protege behind the camera? Humor

Wasn't there a fire in same area caused by a truck chain or hot brake in 2010?
(05-31-2013, 07:56 PM)ROYAL GOLD Wrote: what caused this fire?

WILDFIRE! Laughing
(05-31-2013, 08:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

WILDFIRE! Laughing

"Like"...That's too darn funny!
(05-31-2013, 08:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

WILDFIRE! Laughing

+1
(05-31-2013, 08:04 PM)Prospector Wrote: A Dale Matthews protege behind the camera? Humor

There was one between exits 40 and 48 a couple of years ago, caused by a vehicle traveling northbound, and another one up between exit 58 and the top of the hill by the Rogue Valley Humane Society a few years back.

Funny how all of them have been on the northbound side.
(06-01-2013, 10:01 AM)Smithcat Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 08:04 PM)Prospector Wrote: A Dale Matthews protege behind the camera? Humor

There was one between exits 40 and 48 a couple of years ago, caused by a vehicle traveling northbound, and another one up between exit 58 and the top of the hill by the Rogue Valley Humane Society a few years back.

Funny how all of them have been on the northbound side.

Isn't that where the homeless camps are?
I wonder if it was caused by a bad catalytic convertor?
they some times get holes in them and drop red hot pellets.
And then the car runs better.
From the Daily Courier

"Fire officials are blaming sparks from a vehicle on Interstate 5 for igniting several fires that raced up nearby Beacon Hill in Grants Pass Friday afternoon.

Brian Ballou of the Oregon Department of Forestry on Saturday gave the cause and said officials are asking anyone with possible information about the vehicle responsible to call 541-471-3883."
(06-01-2013, 02:06 PM)Prospector Wrote: From the Daily Courier

"Fire officials are blaming sparks from a vehicle on Interstate 5 for igniting several fires that raced up nearby Beacon Hill in Grants Pass Friday afternoon.

Brian Ballou of the Oregon Department of Forestry on Saturday gave the cause and said officials are asking anyone with possible information about the vehicle responsible to call 541-471-3883."

Most vehicles don't spark, so this is probably some idiot tossing a cigarette out the window AGAIN. Sad
Numerous fires were started along my road a few years back, initial thoughts were it being an arsonist but later it came out that a car was running so badly it was backfiring, and every time it started backfiring they pulled it over to the side and started another fire.
(06-01-2013, 08:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Most vehicles don't spark, so this is probably some idiot tossing a cigarette out the window AGAIN. Sad

There were a series of start points all along the freeway between the two exits, so probably not a cig butt. However, it really isn't "that" dry yet, so I am skeptical of the chain dragging/sparking theory. Maybe a vehicle backfiring?
I don't buy the chain or cable idea, the sparks would only be generated on the road and wouldn't travel far.

I still say Red hot pellets leaking from a bad catalytic convertor would start numerous fires.
(06-01-2013, 08:52 PM)gapper Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 08:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

There were a series of start points all along the freeway between the two exits, so probably not a cig butt. However, it really isn't "that" dry yet, so I am skeptical of the chain dragging/sparking theory. Maybe a vehicle backfiring?

"OK. That's reasonable. I hadn't seen that." Big Grin