10 Months in Jail for Prostitution
What the hell, yeah she plea bargained to get the 10 months but she should have gotten an award for service to the community. America sucks! No wonder our jails are bursting at the seams and we cant build them fast enough.

[Image: 121014052112-alexis-wright-zumba-story-top.jpg]

New York (CNN) -- A 29-year-old Zumba instructor was sentenced to 10 months in jail Friday for engaging in prostitution out of her fitness studio in the picturesque town of Kennebunk, Maine.

In addition to the time in jail, Alexis Wright must pay more than $57,000 in restitution and $1,000 in fines, according to a sentencing memorandum.
Prosecutors dropped more than 80 other counts and downplayed the more serious tax related charges from felonies to misdemeanors, according to the sentencing documents.

Wright's lawyer Sarah Churchill told CNN Friday that the outcome was fair and that "it was also important to be able to close this phase, so that Alexis can move forward and begin to heal from all of this."

In court Friday, Wright said, "I am a person who knows the difference between right and wrong and for this reason I chose to take the time in jail to take responsibility for my actions."
Sweetheart will earn enough from the guards to retire. Good move.
Again,
The absurdity of consensual crimes in a free society.
What is free?
(06-03-2013, 11:16 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: Again,
What is free?

Isn't it society that makes it a crime? BTW Hookers normallyget arrested about a thousand times a year. I don't know at what point system EVER gets tough with most of them.

Quote:! No wonder our jails are bursting at the seams and we cant build them fast enough.

What percentage of jail space is taken up by hookers? I mean HERE not Vegas. I think even in places like Vegas they book them and turn them back on the street most of the time.

BTW Hookers often get abused beat up and even murdered. Johns often get diseases , Robbed or worse. great many hookers are desperate to get high and feed their addiction. Ya think they give a shit about their victims errr lovers. But never mind all that's not a problem because it's consensual.
(06-03-2013, 07:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
What is free?

Isn't it society that makes it a crime? BTW Hookers normallyget arrested about a thousand times a year. I don't know at what point system EVER gets tough with most of them.

Perhaps we are not a free society or as free if we think we are.
Whose business is it anyway?
I don't see a crime just a business deal.
(06-03-2013, 08:37 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:
What is free?

Exactly.
What about the argument that a woman should be able to control her own body?

And do hookers ask you if their butts look big? Or take care of the kids when there is a baseball game that day? Or give you the evil eye when you order your 4th drink?

Freedom for ALL women.
What is free?

Well I guess you missed my point WE as a society choose to keep prostitution illegal. For the most part anyway. Are we not free to choose to make it legal in a democratic way if we want.

Just because we make laws and some are laws that you and I disagree with I don't see how that equates to saying we are not free.
No we are not free to break the laws that we as a society have made.

In places where prostitution is illegal a lot of other crimes go hand in hand with prostitution. So it's often not safe for either party . The fact that it is illegal may very well be why it's that way but until it is legal I understand why the police arrest anyone ,Johns or hookers.
(06-04-2013, 10:07 AM)tvguy Wrote:
What is free?

Well I guess you missed my point WE as a society choose to keep prostitution illegal. For the most part anyway. Are we not free to choose to make it legal in a democratic way if we want.

Just because we make laws and some are laws that you and I disagree with I don't see how that equates to saying we are not free.

In places where prostitution is illegal a lot of other crimes go hand in hand with prostitution. So it's often not safe for either party . The fact that it is illegal may very well be why it's that way but until it is legal I understand why the police arrest anyone ,Johns or hookers.

I did.
Miss your point, I mean.
Hell, I just figured you were ranting about guns again so didn't read it. Razz
I don't know a lot about this, but I'd bet you a sawbuck (look it up) that sooner than later we develop and organize a system where willing women and men can engage in whatever conduct they agree upon.
What is free?

WE , who the hell is we. I am not your we. You are your we. I hate your we.
I had the federal government seize payments from a customer to me once, and they told me it was for the "greater good". I still think that was a bunch of crap, too.
(06-06-2013, 08:16 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
What is free?

WE , who the hell is we. I am not your we. You are your we. I hate your we.

Unless you aren't part of society and you know you are, YOU are a WE.

I think prostitution should be legal and weed too but I'm still part of the "WE" who disagrees with us.