A sad day for North Valley High School music program
(06-19-2013, 02:23 PM)blondemom Wrote: http://www.politifact.com/oregon/stateme...00-inmate/
here is where I got my information from.

And like I said the state I am in we do spend a low amount on education.

I am not questioning the amount we spend, but rather, if it is enough, or a matter of "how it is spent". We are in the lower half of the country in per student spending.

I can't speak to how money is spent at the state level, but having spent many years very close to how the money is spent in our district, I don't believe there is a waste issue, by any means.
Per pupil spending has an 'average' but that number can be misleading. Spending on something like special ed might be $12k per student while the 'regular ed' kids get $8k spent per student. That is an average of $10k.
(06-20-2013, 12:02 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Per pupil spending has an 'average' but that number can be misleading. Spending on something like special ed might be $12k per student while the 'regular ed' kids get $8k spent per student. That is an average of $10k.

Only if the number of special ed students is equal to the number of non special ed students.