''Breakfast With Leonard'' Thread Is Gone
(06-23-2013, 05:40 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 04:13 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 03:54 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 02:48 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 02:40 PM)Leonard Wrote: I disagree, since the thread was about me I was curious why it took so long or why it was not pulled with it first appeared.

Actually it didn't start off too bad and was sort of in jest, but when the Leonard haters appeared on the scene it no longer was a jest and probably the reason why it was pulled.

But we will have wait for an answer, if there is one won't we.

Actually, it wasn't until Ponder complained about it being a passive aggressive thread and you immediately chimed in complaining about how awful it was that such a horrible mean-spirited thread was started in the lounge of all places that things got bad.

Until that point, you posted once about what would be served if you hosted breakfast and what the topics of conversation would be, but expressed doubt that an invitation would be extended. And, when videos started getting posted, you posted "Climb Every Mountain."

There was also a kind of apology from Wonky before the videos were posted.

So there didn't seem to be any major disapproval from you until immediately after Ponder condemned the thread. And it wasn't until the two of you started complaining and attacking Wonky that anyone else started in attacking anyone.

To tell you the truth I found the post absurd and was not pleased with such a baiting, even if it had been directed at another but went along with it for a while.

And Ponder did not create the problem, Wonky did by posting a snide post that he knew would go ballistic and then coming up with a meaningless faux apology that fooled no one, especially me.

And what was wrong with ''Climb Every Mountain'' in the midst of such dreck?

Now lets follow Scrapper's lead and report this entire thread and then I'll continue my allotted job in life, find another article on America that pisses off the nationalistic.

Absolutely nothing was wrong with posting "Climb Every Mountain".

But you implied in your post above that it was when the "Leonard haters" arrived that the thread became problematic after it "didn't start off too bad and was sort of in jest."

And, as I had quite recently perused the first page of posts on the topic (with the intention of reporting the thread, actually) to figure out when exactly it changed from quasi-jest to personal attacks, it wasn't until post #13, after you had posted twice without anything more than a non-invitation express your dissatisfaction, that things got bad. Post #13 was Ponder chastising Wonky for the thread, and post #14 was you, complaining about the mean-spirited thread that didn't belong in the Lounge.

Until that time, it all stayed quasi-jest and relatively light.

EDIT: On a side note, I appreciate seeing most of your threads, and wish you to continue posting your stories and articles.

So after 13 posts I finally said, in number 14 that I was dissatisfied, I think that showed remarkable restraint, don't you?

But to tell you the truth, I am sorry I even bothered to answer the thing or even to post here at all as the place seems to want to be a mean spirited Facebook with few redeeming features when it comes to political discussions. Although I do find befuddling the nationalists* with the truth, facts and figures worth a giggle or three.

As my dear old granny used to say, ''when you attempt to denigrate someone you are only denigrating yourself''.

* this is not a denigration but the proper use of the word to describe someone who thinks their country is superior to any another in all respects.

''Nationalism is rooted in rivalry and resentment while true patriotism is based on affection. One can say that nationalism is militant by nature and patriotism is based on peace.''...............if I remember correctly, this was plagiarized from George Orwell.

Let it go Leonard.
You won.
The joke, intended to amuse you, was on me.
To quote Kristofferson, "It's over, and nobody cares".
(06-23-2013, 02:18 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 02:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 01:59 PM)Leonard Wrote: Another thread just disappears. Will it reappear, minus a few of the typically tacky posts or is it lost in the firmament forever?

I wonder who is responsible for its demise? Did the moderators take it upon themselves or was it a poster? It wasn't me because it was too funny for words and was looking forward to how far it would go, but now we'll never know.

Anyway I think we should know the what, why and wherefores of such a decision, do anyone not disagree?

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...?tid=13441

Wasn't me. No, I didn't think it was a fun thread. No, I didn't think it was an informative thread. No, I didn't think it was a useful thread. But... I didn't push the button on it. And... I'm not sad that it's gone.

I'm the one that wants ALL threads to be deleted after a week or so. Maybe readership would go up because people wouldn't want to miss something. Laughing