another headache
I was doing so good then this week I have been having headaches. I am not sure if it is the heat or what. But this bites. Sad
(06-23-2013, 07:14 PM)blondemom Wrote: I was doing so good then this week I have been having headaches. I am not sure if it is the heat or what. But this bites. Sad

Truly sorry. I know you have a history of them.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but do you feel it really warrants it's own Topic?

I hope you beat this one quickly.
She probably had no idea she was posting wrong.
(06-23-2013, 08:11 PM)PonderThis Wrote: She probably had no idea she was posting wrong.

Laughing
(06-23-2013, 08:11 PM)PonderThis Wrote: She probably had no idea she was posting wrong.

You DO have a sense of humor. (It was a BLOND joke, right?)

I doubt you have ever read a post to which you didn't feel the need to respond. And always with a catchy phrase, a bit of irony, or even a pun now and then. And all without using the "reply" feature most of us find handy.

Posting wrong! What a giggle. I get it. Really. A blond joke. Do you do Polish jokes as well? You know, light bulbs and all that.
Sorry, Blondemom. It's hard to know what to say, because I'm sure you've tried everything. I hope you feel better soon.
(06-23-2013, 08:33 PM)Wonky Wrote: I doubt you have ever read a post to which you didn't feel the need to respond.

I'm baffled as to why you continue saying this. I only have 1000 more posts or so than your good buddy tv, for example, and you would never think to say such a thing to him. Besides, there are endless sports threads, beer threads, tv threads, movie threads, book threads, food threads, and probably a lot more genres than I'm thinking of now that I practically never respond to.

But then again, I can't possibly imagine why you would tell someone they post too much for your likes. It seems to be this pattern of passive aggression, but I can't imagine it has ever done you much good in life.
(06-23-2013, 08:43 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 08:33 PM)Wonky Wrote: I doubt you have ever read a post to which you didn't feel the need to respond.

I'm baffled as to why you continue saying this. I only have 1000 more posts or so than your good buddy tv, for example, and you would never think to say such a thing to him. Besides, there are endless sports threads, beer threads, tv threads, movie threads, book threads, food threads, and probably a lot more genres than I'm thinking of now that I practically never respond to.

But then again, I can't possibly imagine why you would tell someone they post too much for your likes. It seems to be this pattern of passive aggression, but I can't imagine it has ever done you much good in life.

Oh stop it. Everyone knows a headache can be cured by a good beer. If you have a different kind of headache then see a doctor
I quit having headaches or pretty much any other kind of ailments once I quit worrying about what others think and I just tell people how I feel and what I think, upfront and without much for garnish. I recommend this attitude wholeheartedly to all.
Headaches are also supposed to be helped by orgasms. Something to do with endorphins and the after-glow effects on blood vessels, I think.

(Not trying to be inappropriate, honestly. Just sharing information.)
(06-23-2013, 09:01 PM)csrowan Wrote: Headaches are also supposed to be helped by orgasms. Something to do with endorphins and the after-glow effects on blood vessels, I think.

I have no idea if there is any science behind that, but like chicken soup, it wouldn't hurt!
(06-23-2013, 09:06 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 09:01 PM)csrowan Wrote: Headaches are also supposed to be helped by orgasms. Something to do with endorphins and the after-glow effects on blood vessels, I think.

I have no idea if there is any science behind that, but like chicken soup, it wouldn't hurt!

http://news.menshealth.com/breaking-news...013/03/17/
http://headaches.about.com/cs/triggers/a/ha_orgasm.htm

(apparently, it can also cause headaches, but if that's not something that happens regularly, you're probably okay.)
BM... sorry 'bout the headache. Hope you're feeling better.
(06-23-2013, 09:46 PM)Scrapper Wrote: BM... sorry 'bout the headache. Hope you're feeling better.

Reading something (where ?) recently suggesting that something like 40% of adults in the country suffer from headaches that are more than "occasional". Brutal. I have them occasionally, like most folks, and would not want to be afflicted with severe and frequent ones.

Hang in there Blond Girl; get all the info available.
I haven't had a headache in so many years I don't remember what they feel like. (no brain, no headache) My pain is elsewhere and rarely sleep more than five hours before waking because of it. Most often I can get back to sleep for an hour or so before starting the day and can even get a thirty minute nap in most days. Pain sucks whatever the cause, so I also hope you feel better on the morrow... Smiling
(06-23-2013, 10:11 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I haven't had a headache in so many years I don't remember what they feel like. (no brain, no headache) My pain is elsewhere and rarely sleep more than five hours before waking because of it. Most often I can get back to sleep for an hour or so before starting the day and can even get a thirty minute nap in most days. Pain sucks whatever the cause, so I also hope you feel better on the morrow... Smiling

You have my sympathy and best thoughts for some solution. I too "suffer" from some constant pain, but I'm able to cope and try not to complain too much. (I am a true sympathy whore Laughing )
The sleeping problem is the fly in the ointment in my opinion. I'm lucky that I'm retired and have few obligations that a sleep problem causes problems for. (Lousy sentence...too tired to re-do it)

Mostly I try to remind myself that all things considered I'm lucky and not suffering like some many. And thankful too that I live were care is available. So much better than Nairobi.
I get headaches when I don't sleep enough. Something some prankster is doing to me nowadays. Call, is quiet when I say hello twice, and then hangs up. I have no idea whom it could be but maybe a past boyfriend or a roommate.

Or worse yet: Someone who wants to harm me.

So Yeah, now I just got a headache, back to bed.
My headaches are from sinus pressure... allergies. Hubby wakes with a headache almost daily (due to issues with his neck and back). Maybe once a year he'll get a migraine. I feel for him. I can't imagine having a headache daily. Being a headache? Yeah, I get that! Big Grin But having a headache is something else. Embarrassed Razz
(06-24-2013, 07:54 AM)Scrapper Wrote: My headaches are from sinus pressure... allergies. Hubby wakes with a headache almost daily (due to issues with his neck and back). Maybe once a year he'll get a migraine. I feel for him. I can't imagine having a headache daily. Being a headache? Yeah, I get that! Big Grin But having a headache is something else. Embarrassed Razz

Years ago, in Topanga Canyon there was a neighbour, an old man who kept bees and people would come for miles around for him to sting them to help relieve their allergies. For some reason it worked, he said it was because of the make up of the venom from all the pollen.

Anyway, I wouldn't know about the reasons it worked but the hundreds of people that showed up at his door over the spring and summer pollen months certainly thought it worked.
Some people eat bee pollen in the same belief it helps. It seems I've seen bee pollen recommended for quite a few conditions, actually.