Can we end TV's ban early......
I call BS on EVERYONE that has EVER reported anything other than threats or outing of other members. Please stop this petty, childish behavior before it causes the owner to shut this space down.

I for one am grateful this site allows me to see what my fellow Oregonians (and former Oregonians) Waving have to say here that they probably would not say in real life. Of course I don't condone this poor behavior and find much of it shocking, but I appreciate knowing what some of my neighbors are like behind the facade they portray in their daily life.

Reporting posts will NEVER make this place the utopia you desire. Shunning (NOT RESPONDING TO!) the offensive posts/posters is the only solution as the drama they seek is not supplied. Most of us are capable of this most of the time, some rarely.
(07-05-2013, 11:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I call BS on EVERYONE that has EVER reported anything other than threats or outing of other members. Please stop this petty, childish behavior before it causes the owner to shut this space down.

I for one am grateful this site allows me to see what my fellow Oregonians (and former Oregonians) Waving have to say here that they probably would not say in real life. Of course I don't condone this poor behavior and find much of it shocking, but I appreciate knowing what some of my neighbors are like behind the facade they portray in their daily life.

Reporting posts will NEVER make this place the utopia you desire. Shunning (NOT RESPONDING TO!) the offensive posts/posters is the only solution as the drama they seek is not supplied. Most of us are capable of this most of the time, some rarely.

*like* Smiling
(07-05-2013, 11:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Most of us are capable of this most of the time, some rarely. [/color]

And some, never.

Maybe there needs to be post limit. Keep folks from feeling that they MUST get their 2 cents in on every topic.

Or maybe you can only hit the report button a certain amount of times before you are forced to seek professional help.
Or maybe people could learn to behave.
(07-06-2013, 07:16 AM)csrowan Wrote: Or maybe people could learn to behave.

Not everyone comes here for the same reasons that you do; so trying to get everyone to act in a way that you are cool with just isn't going to happen. And trying to make it happen is creating problems for the site owner.

That's how I see it.
The way I see it, we've been asked to act in certain ways by the site owner. The people causing problems are the ones who refuse to follow his rules but still want to use his forum.
(07-06-2013, 07:33 AM)csrowan Wrote: The way I see it, we've been asked to act in certain ways by the site owner. The people causing problems are the ones who refuse to follow his rules but still want to use his forum.

So we disagree. I say that the people causing the problems are the ones that are forcing the site owner into making and enforcing rules. AND that if everyone were to follow those rules that this place would be so damn boring that almost no one would check in.
Got it. The people who are causing problems are the ones who want everyone to obey the posted rules. The good, nice, reasonable people are the ones who refuse to follow the rules even after being asked to by the site owner... who did not, by the way, ask people to stop pushing the report button.
(07-06-2013, 07:43 AM)csrowan Wrote: Got it. The people who are causing problems are the ones who want everyone to obey the posted rules. The good, nice, reasonable people are the ones who refuse to follow the rules even after being asked to by the site owner... who did not, by the way, ask people to stop pushing the report button.

Come on now. I never said anyone was good or nice or reasonable. Good, nice and reasonable is fkin boring. I don't speak for kgasso but I imagine that he doesn't much care what we do here as long as it doesn't create time consuming problems for him. Pushing the button is the what forces action on his part.
(07-06-2013, 07:38 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote:
(07-06-2013, 07:33 AM)csrowan Wrote: The way I see it, we've been asked to act in certain ways by the site owner. The people causing problems are the ones who refuse to follow his rules but still want to use his forum.

So we disagree. I say that the people causing the problems are the ones that are forcing the site owner into making and enforcing rules. AND that if everyone were to follow those rules that this place would be so damn boring that almost no one would check in.

We had far fewer problems when there were no rules. Until new people started showing up. And, apparently, complaining about it, and threatening kgasso.

(07-06-2013, 07:49 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Come on now. I never said anyone was good or nice or reasonable. Good, nice and reasonable is fkin boring. I don't speak for kgasso but I imagine that he doesn't much care what we do here as long as it doesn't create time consuming problems for him. Pushing the button is the what forces action on his part.
that's how I see it
It's just not fun being a jerk like it used to be. Ninja

Exactly!

KGasso made a public request at the beginning of the new year. I think he has used a lot of restraint since then. But, seriously... how much is he expected him to take?!?! His last post shows that he really has tired of it.
Since man came down from the trees and started forming groups, rules have been necessary.

We, the voices here, don't own this. We use this space at the pleasure of someone who took the time to "put it up", to maintain it without compensation, and who now is hassled for doing it because some are coloring outside the lines.

To piss and moan about rules here is akin to going to someone's home for dinner and complaining about the food.

As children we learn that our behavior must meet the social standards of those with whom we live and with those we interact with.

It appears we are still struggling with that concept.

Kind of childish, don't you think?
(07-06-2013, 08:07 AM)tealeaf Wrote: We had far fewer problems when there were no rules. Until new people started showing up. And, apparently, complaining about it, and threatening kgasso.

Really? You may want to take a look at the Ban List. It appears that 4 of the 5 that have been permanently banned are not newbies: Steve Pickering (twice), Salamus & Yeshuah Hamashiach. So... try again! Rolling Eyes Find some other excuse to try to blame the newbies for those original members that seem to have no self control and no appreciation for what KGasso does here.
(07-06-2013, 08:07 AM)tealeaf Wrote:

We had far fewer problems when there were no rules. Until new people started showing up. And, apparently, complaining about it, and threatening kgasso.

(07-06-2013, 07:49 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Come on now. I never said anyone was good or nice or reasonable. Good, nice and reasonable is fkin boring. I don't speak for kgasso but I imagine that he doesn't much care what we do here as long as it doesn't create time consuming problems for him. Pushing the button is the what forces action on his part.
that's how I see it

Kgasso hasn't said "please stop pushing the report button all the time."

He has said "please follow the rules."
(07-06-2013, 08:34 AM)csrowan Wrote:

that's how I see it

And one of the rules is to stay on topic. TV's ban is done. There is nothing to discuss on the topic. Those that keep the back and forth going back and forth are as guilty of breaking the rules and creating trouble here as anyone. Step down off your high horse and take a look in the mirror..
And here I thought staying on topic meant not posting something completely unrelated to the conversation, instead of only addressing the first post and ignoring the entire conversation that came after it, even if the topic slowly shifted during the course of conversation.
(07-06-2013, 08:34 AM)csrowan Wrote:

that's how I see it

What else can he say? Put yourself in his shoes.

Look, I understand that some of you want to form a sewing circle or a philosophical center where noble ideas can be exchanged and deep thinking can be done. But that's not what this place is. If you turn it into that... then I hope that you enjoy it.

That's not for me though.

And that's the difference between us. I say all are welcome... bruises, abrasions and all. I have the option of not engaging... AND SO DO YOU. But you want YOUR idea of the perfect forum to be foisted on all of us. Maybe I enjoy watching tvguy challenge or illc ramble or whoever spout off and do their thing. Who are you to deprive me of why I come here?
(07-06-2013, 08:26 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-06-2013, 08:07 AM)tealeaf Wrote: We had far fewer problems when there were no rules. Until new people started showing up. And, apparently, complaining about it, and threatening kgasso.

Really? You may want to take a look at the Ban List. It appears that 4 of the 5 that have been permanently banned are not newbies: Steve Pickering (twice), Salamus & Yeshuah Hamashiach. So... try again! Rolling Eyes Find some other excuse to try to blame the newbies for those original members that seem to have no self control and no appreciation for what KGasso does here.

SP wasn't here originally. & I said we had fewer problems. Not none. kgasso had far fewer complaints back then, as far as I could tell. I could be wrong, I don't have access to that stuff, nor do I want it. The rules mainly started up, as far as I can tell, after the GP forum shut down. And most of the bans, too. Sorry, but as a reader from the get go, that's how I see it.
(07-06-2013, 08:47 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Maybe I enjoy watching tvguy challenge or illc ramble or whoever spout off and do their thing. Who are you to deprive me of why I come here?

Because nobody likes listening to all the offensiveness, especially when it's given right back to them. It deteriorates to the point that nobody wants to participate, and this has been shown numerous times. It's a sure recipe for killing the forum.