Can we end TV's ban early......
(06-26-2013, 08:52 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 08:14 PM)csrowan Wrote: And even when it hasn't been peaceful, it's at least been limited to a thread or two and only lasts for a little bit before calming down.

I miss TV. I hope he comes back. I think he has well thought out opinions and he isn't always on the left or right.

As for the peacefulness, it takes two (or more) to tango. I hate all the bickering but it is not one sided.

It may take two to tango, but one is usually leading.
(06-26-2013, 08:14 PM)csrowan Wrote: And even when it hasn't been peaceful, it's at least been limited to a thread or two and only lasts for a little bit before calming down.

It still takes 2, 3 or 4 to tango......

That's not saying he shouldn't tone it down, not by not speaking his mind but knowing when to stop and not repeating Ponders views on fishing, hunting etc. Bla, bla, bla, I feel like I'm wasting my breath. (So to speak) Smiling
(06-25-2013, 06:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 02:06 PM)bbqboy Wrote: hitler without mussolini?

That is funny as dark humor, think late night TV comedians. Do you you know why I can find that kind of humor funny? It is because I do not have a stick up my ass.

I want you to know I have read it.
I want you to know I won't respond in kind.
Enough.
(06-26-2013, 08:52 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I miss TV. I hope he comes back. I think he has well thought out opinions and he isn't always on the left or right.

As for the peacefulness, it takes two (or more) to tango. I hate all the bickering but it is not one sided.

sometimes we need a like button Smiling
(06-26-2013, 08:54 PM)csrowan Wrote:

I miss TV. I hope he comes back. I think he has well thought out opinions and he isn't always on the left or right.

Your bias is showing. Perhaps why he was banned for the length of time he did? If you are not the moderator, he/she is following your lead.

I missed this. Spot on. Wink
(06-26-2013, 10:45 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Your bias is showing. Perhaps why he was banned for the length of time he did? If you are not the moderator, he/she is following your lead.

If I were the moderator, there would be public discussion of what was inappropriate, threads would get locked much faster, and TV would have been banned way back when he thumbed his nose at the new rules at the beginning of the year.

And I may be biased, but I can't help noticing the more peaceful forum.
(06-26-2013, 10:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Sure, but let's examine this idea. If it takes two to tango, and TV is not here, and no one else is "tango-ing" there's gotta to be something to that. Are you saying that the flaming that happens when TV is here is not entirely his fault? OK, that is probably true. But I don't believe that people go out of their way to target TV or bait him. (well, mostly, because I've seen a bit of it) But mostly the baiting seems to come from TV. Why can't TV give us his charm, wit, and intelligence and not drag down the room with him? I mean can we have some discussion going on and not a bunch of name calling and insulting when TV returns?
(06-26-2013, 11:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Sure, but let's examine this idea. If it takes two to tango, and TV is not here, and no one else is "tango-ing" there's gotta to be something to that. Are you saying that the flaming that happens when TV is here is not entirely his fault? OK, that is probably true. But I don't believe that people go out of their way to target TV or bait him. (well, mostly, because I've seen a bit of it) But mostly the baiting seems to come from TV. Why can't TV give us his charm, wit, and intelligence and not drag down the room with him? I mean can we have some discussion going on and not a bunch of name calling and insulting when TV returns?

Here's to hoping everyone can tone it down eh? Clink!
TV is the problem, has been the problem, and based on past experience will probably remain the problem.

The same people that are defending TV are the same ones that defended JC. I don't understand it in either case, frankly.
(06-27-2013, 05:49 AM)PonderThis Wrote: TV is the problem, has been the problem, and based on past experience will probably remain the problem.

The same people that are defending TV are the same ones that defended JC. I don't understand it in either case, frankly.

I disagree. No one is SOLELY the problem. YOU are just as guilty as he, IMO, if not more. And there are others, as well.
I often, but not always, agree with tvguy. I just don't think in his tone or language. Smiling
~~~

And I never have, nor ever will defend clyde. Was quite happy when he had to leave.
Oh come on. Take me out of the picture, and TV will still be an ass to Leonard and anyone else he disagrees with. His tone and his language IS the problem, and I only happen to be one that calls him on it.
(06-27-2013, 07:05 AM)PonderThis Wrote: ...TV will still be an ass to Leonard and anyone else he disagrees with.

You also are an ass to those you disagree with.

I watch y'all as someone who doesn't know either of you, personally. Just commenting on what I see here.

Granted I have met tvguy, but that is recent ( at least knowing he was tvguy).
Y'all's behavior isn't. Recent, that is.
I don't use profanities on people, I don't accuse them of being anti-American, and I don't make up names for them like Osama bin X. If there's something about their posts I disagree I address those points, rather than dwelling on what a low level puke they are as a person.

I see quite a bit of difference in our approach. And if a majority of TV's posts weren't direct attacks on other members, he would likely hear little from me.
(06-27-2013, 07:17 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I see quite a bit of difference in our approach. \

There is a difference, it's true, in how you post.
I (me) just find you just as hateful as he. Sorry.
And then you add a smilie.
isn't that nice? Smiling
(06-27-2013, 07:17 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't use profanities on people, I don't accuse them of being anti-American, and I don't make up names for them like Osama bin X. If there's something about their posts I disagree I address those points, rather than dwelling on what a low level puke they are as a person.

I see quite a bit of difference in our approach. And if a majority of TV's posts weren't direct attacks on other members, he would likely hear little from me.

You are not telling the truth.

Some of your comments about gun enthusiasts were over the top and just as disrespectful as any cuss words or silly made up names.
Your reference to fishers and hunters as "tortureres" is offensive and disrepsectful.

In my opinion you, as well as Leonard, TV, CSRowen, Scrapper and I, are part of the problem.
And until you have the fortitude to admit that and change, you will remain part of the problem. A big part, I might add.
I can't help it if you're one of the people who finds enjoyment in killing fish and animals. Sorry.
(06-26-2013, 11:01 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 10:45 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

If I were the moderator, there would be public discussion of what was inappropriate, threads would get locked much faster, and TV would have been banned way back when he thumbed his nose at the new rules at the beginning of the year.

And I may be biased, but I can't help noticing the more peaceful forum.

Since the Forum doesn't have a "LIKE" button... I'll give this a Thumbs Up
(06-27-2013, 07:32 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I can't help it if you're one of the people who finds enjoyment in killing fish and animals. Sorry.

Case in point.
FU.
(06-26-2013, 11:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

And another post worthy of a Thumbs Up