Can we end TV's ban early......
(06-27-2013, 07:25 AM)gapper Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 07:17 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't use profanities on people, I don't accuse them of being anti-American, and I don't make up names for them like Osama bin X. If there's something about their posts I disagree I address those points, rather than dwelling on what a low level puke they are as a person.

I see quite a bit of difference in our approach. And if a majority of TV's posts weren't direct attacks on other members, he would likely hear little from me.

You are not telling the truth.

Some of your comments about gun enthusiasts were over the top and just as disrespectful as any cuss words or silly made up names.
Your reference to fishers and hunters as "tortureres" is offensive and disrepsectful.

In my opinion you, as well as Leonard, TV, CSRowen, Scrapper and I, are part of the problem.
And until you have the fortitude to admit that and change, you will remain part of the problem. A big part, I might add.

I notice you left out me and Scrapper and had to edit your post to put us in. Does that mean we're not as bad?

If people would be civil, you wouldn't hear much complaining from me. I haven't seen much complaining from Scrapper in the absence of mean and spiteful posts.

Leonard I know you have problems with, but if you just let him post his articles without bashing him for the types of articles he posts, he's pretty good.

But the ultimate proof of who the biggest catalyst is is how much nicer everything is with TV gone. We're all still here, the problem people, all of us except TV, and even disagreements are shorter and less filled with vitriol.
I miss the old Tarzan days.
I typically do not try to defend one's behavior but I don't really see the issues here re: Ponder. No we have not met. It is a witty and sometimes sarcastic style and I too have been "zinged" by it. He can at times use an incredible in your face but subtle approach, all at once. I find it interesting. Perhaps I just don't take it seriously.
TeeVee is missed. He is too intelligent to need to use invectives toward others, that is to say it isn't necessary. Attack the idea not the person, well as much as one can.
(06-27-2013, 07:41 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 07:17 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't use profanities on people, I don't accuse them of being anti-American, and I don't make up names for them like Osama bin X. If there's something about their posts I disagree I address those points, rather than dwelling on what a low level puke they are as a person.

I see quite a bit of difference in our approach. And if a majority of TV's posts weren't direct attacks on other members, he would likely hear little from me.

Some of your comments about gun enthusiasts were over the top and just as disrespectful as any cuss words or silly made up names.
Your reference to fishers and hunters as "tortureres" is offensive and disrepsectful.

In my opinion you, as well as Leonard, TV, CSRowen, Scrapper and I, are part of the problem.
And until you have the fortitude to admit that and change, you will remain part of the problem. A big part, I might add.

I notice you left out me and Scrapper and had to edit your post to put us in. Does that mean we're not as bad?
You, not as bad but you have a bad habit of interjecting a holier than thou attitude at the worst times. When the conversation has turned hostile, a lecture from you just inflames me. Scrapper, she seems to have better days than others but, once she is pissed, she becomes very aggressive and ugly in her delivery.
Quote:If people would be civil, you wouldn't hear much complaining from me. I haven't seen much complaining from Scrapper in the absence of mean and spiteful posts.
As has been said, it takes two to tango. Your choice to join the dance or not but should you choose to join in, you are as guilty as the lead dancer, in my opinion.
Quote:Leonard I know you have problems with, but if you just let him post his articles without bashing him for the types of articles he posts, he's pretty good.
You should be noting I am ignoring more, although I see a slow down in his posting as well.
Quote:But the ultimate proof of who the biggest catalyst is is how much nicer everything is with TV gone. We're all still here, the problem people, all of us except TV, and even disagreements are shorter and less filled with vitriol.

That is a cop out. See the "it takes two to tango" comments again.
We all are what we are and do, sometimes more than others, try to temper our emotions. I've seen TV make that attempt only to have Scrapper or Ponder take a pot shot and inflame the interaction. (Ponder did that to me just a couple of posts up......)

NO ONE listed is innocent. To start trying to rank good, better, bad or worst, only creates more dissension.
(06-27-2013, 07:43 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: I miss the old Tarzan days.
I typically do not try to defend one's behavior but I don't really see the issues here re: Ponder. No we have not met. It is a witty and sometimes sarcastic style and I too have been "zinged" by it. He can at times use an incredible in your face but subtle approach, all at once..

Timing can be everything.
"Wit" and "sarcasm" are valuable communication tools. It's at whom they are directed and when that determines their outcome, in my opinion. And frankly, I see them satisfying Ponder when they create hostility often. In fact, I see that as his primary purpose in employing them.
(06-27-2013, 07:41 AM)csrowan Wrote:

If people would be civil, you wouldn't hear much complaining from me. I haven't seen much complaining from Scrapper in the absence of mean and spiteful posts.

Leonard I know you have problems with, but if you just let him post his articles without bashing him for the types of articles he posts, he's pretty good.

But the ultimate proof of who the biggest catalyst is is how much nicer everything is with TV gone. We're all still here, the problem people, all of us except TV, and even disagreements are shorter and less filled with vitriol.

I agree. TVg and gapper are all over practically every thread Leonard's posts with accusations of being negative, unAmerican, etc. IMO, Leonard's threads are long & boring C&P's... so (when I didn't have him on 'Foe') I just didn't look at it. Simple!

Also, IMO... It seems that the very thing Ponder is accused of... coming to Leonard's aid all of the time... is the exact same thing as what gapper does with TVg. The 4 of them aren't much different from each other; with one exception... one of the 4 will say things about others in order to "cut" them; which is just vicious, cruel, mean & nasty, over the line and totally unnecessary.
Telling me FU, of course, was purer than the driven snow.

Of course, you won't want to talk about economic motivations being behind your wanting to dismiss the pain and suffering other creatures feel, either. That's too much personal information.
(06-27-2013, 07:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I agree. TVg and gapper are all over practically every thread Leonard's posts with accusations of being negative, unAmerican, etc. IMO, Leonard's threads are long & boring C&P's... so (when I didn't have him on 'Foe') I just didn't look at it. Simple!

Since 6-19, Leonard has started 30 threads. I have responses on 4 of them.
Speak the truth rather than spew BS and you will get a lot less resistance from me. Simple!
For 8 whole days you've been good. That's nice. Smiling
(06-27-2013, 08:07 AM)gapper Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 07:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I agree. TVg and gapper are all over practically every thread Leonard's posts with accusations of being negative, unAmerican, etc. IMO, Leonard's threads are long & boring C&P's... so (when I didn't have him on 'Foe') I just didn't look at it. Simple!

Speak the truth rather than spew BS and you will get a lot less resistance from me. Simple!

Since about the time TVg received his temp ban. Rolling Eyes

And guess what... resistance from you means nothing to me.
You showed your true color. Dry
(06-27-2013, 08:13 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 08:07 AM)gapper Wrote: [quote='Scrapper' pid='288797' dateline='1372344990']

I agree. TVg and gapper are all over practically every thread Leonard's posts with accusations of being negative, unAmerican, etc. IMO, Leonard's threads are long & boring C&P's... so (when I didn't have him on 'Foe') I just didn't look at it. Simple!

Quote:Since about the time TVg received his temp ban. Rolling Eyes
I figured that was coming from you. Since 5-22 Leonard has started 90 threads. I have responses in 14 of them. You are misrepresenting the facts, again.

Quote:
And guess what... resistance from you means nothing to me.
You showed your true color. Dry

You are still misrepresenting the facts. If you truly didn't care, you would not respond.Rolling Eyes BTW, you said you put me on ignore. Sounds like another lie from where I sit. At least, it is obvious you are not ignoring me. Rolling Eyes

I repeat, speak the truth rather than spew BS and you will get a lot resistance from me. Simple!
Why this fascination with Leonard anyway? What's with all the counting and tallying of threads? And, of those 14 responses, how many of them addressed the ideas Leonard was presenting, versus how many were attacking Leonard personally for his perceived negativity or some other personalized slight?
Crimeny, people! It's never going to stop...people will get on each other's nerves here, just as they always have.
Some will use name-calling, some profanity, some use psychological warfare...it's the way it is.
Yes, there has been less "explosive" (read...profanity, name-calling) since tv was banned...but the psychological stuff is still there, people are still belittled in a way that won't get the offender so much as a slap on the pinky.

Same shit, different method of delivery...
tv is at least up front about his crap, rather than veiling it.
He's an in-your-face instead of in-your-head type of person.
Really...who is doing more damage to you, someone who calls you a name outright or swears at you or someone who makes you feel small and stupid? Ask yourself, you may be surprised with your answer if you really stop and think about it.

As long as no one "outs" anyone else, or doesn't make them feel like they (or someone else) could possibly be in physical danger, who really cares?
(06-27-2013, 08:31 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Why this fascination with Leonard anyway? What's with all the counting and tallying of threads?

You need to ask Scrapper. She brought it up. I tallied to prove my belief that she was lying just to try to make a negative point towards others.

That said, if one looks at the titles and ensuing cut and pastes, one can clearly see a trend toward anti-American themes which, in turn, supports that Leonard's posts point to an individual that is just what TV and I have accused him of, Anti-America.
(06-27-2013, 08:39 AM)broadzilla Wrote: Crimeny, people! It's never going to stop...people will get on each other's nerves here, just as they always have.
Some will use name-calling, some profanity, some use psychological warfare...it's the way it is.
Yes, there has been less "explosive" (read...profanity, name-calling) since tv was banned...but the psychological stuff is still there, people are still belittled in a way that won't get the offender so much as a slap on the pinky.

Really...who is doing more damage to you, someone who calls you a name outright or swears at you or someone who makes you feel small and stupid? Ask yourself, you may be surprised with your answer if you really stop and think about it.

As long as no one "outs" anyone else, or doesn't make them feel like they (or someone else) could possibly be in physical danger, who really cares?

Bingo.

Although, one poster seems intent on outing another, yet is not banned as TV was. Wonder why that is?
If someone feels small and stupid, then they should use that as a catalyst for change if that's what it takes for them to gain self esteem or a feeling of worthwhileness. Heaven help them that they should have to think for a moment.
(06-27-2013, 08:46 AM)gapper Wrote: one poster seems intent on outing another, yet is not banned as TV was. Wonder why that is?

I have no desire to "out" anyone. But I do think it's fair to point out when economic interests are driving someone's personal attacks on someone else's views.
(06-27-2013, 08:39 AM)broadzilla Wrote: Crimeny, people! It's never going to stop...people will get on each other's nerves here, just as they always have.

like Smiling
(06-27-2013, 08:44 AM)gapper Wrote: if one looks at the titles and ensuing cut and pastes, one can clearly see a trend toward anti-American themes which, in turn, supports that Leonard's posts point to an individual that is just what TV and I have accused him of, Anti-America.

I almost let this one by. You're holding it against Leonard because he's pro-human, pro-health, pro-environment, pro-people. If you perceive that as somehow being anti-American instead, that shows you're not really in touch with all the things that unite us as humans. The exact country you live in is trivial in that regard.
(06-27-2013, 08:39 AM)broadzilla Wrote: some use psychological warfare

Now that there is funny. Laughing Laughing Laughing
(06-27-2013, 08:48 AM)PonderThis Wrote: If someone feels small and stupid, then they should use that as a catalyst for change if that's what it takes for them to gain self esteem or a feeling of worthwhileness. Heaven help them that they should have to think for a moment.

Translation...I am here to make you realize you aren't as intelligent as I am, and if it takes you an extra minute to figure our exactly what I have in mind, then you are more stupid than I thought...therefore I have already won. I am here to expand your minds.

What a crock! But...I am used to this form of thinking/acting in my own household. Two of my kids are quite adept at this type of psychological warfare.

Just because you are capable of veiling it, doesn't mean people don't see it or feel it...and in essence you are breaking the rules just as much as TV, just not so overtly.

Bring your nose down just a notch before fall when the rains start, I would hate to see someone as intelligent as yourself drown. Smiling