It's supposed to get HOT by the weekend!
(06-29-2013, 01:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't think it's going to be as hot as predicted.

Ninety-One Thousand Damn Degrees?!?! Big Grin Laughing Razz Wink
(06-29-2013, 01:56 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 01:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't think it's going to be as hot as predicted.

100° yesterday, 99° today. That's warm enough for now. I'd be nice to hit the river tomorrow.. Cool
(06-29-2013, 06:33 PM)Crazylace Wrote:

100° yesterday, 99° today. That's warm enough for now. I'd be nice to hit the river tomorrow.. Cool

I don't think it's hit 100 here yet. I haven't turned on the cooler yet. Good for me!
(06-29-2013, 06:33 PM)Crazylace Wrote:

We spent half the day in the pool at our condos. Four of us plus the wifes friend and her daughter. Needless to say a lot of others there too.... Tomorrow may be a bike ride (early) along the river to a water park to frolic. Life is good eh? Big Grin
Can I be glad that I am where it is only in the upper 70's right now?
Not looking forward to returning to 100+ temps on Monday evening...yuck! Sad
It's all about balance. Balance the heat with hydration and you should be cool. Cool
(06-29-2013, 07:44 PM)Crazylace Wrote: It's all about balance. Balance the heat with hydration and you should be cool. Cool

Honestly, I always think that's the weirdest theory. Unless I dump the glass of water on my head. I mean, I feel better being hydrated, because I know really hot weather can make me feel sick, and being hydrated prevents a lot of that. Unless what you meant by "hydration" was: go get wet.
Go get wet on the inside, and as your body perspires that moisture it carries off heat too.
(06-29-2013, 08:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Go get wet on the inside, and as your body perspires that moisture it carries off heat too.

Yeah, I've heard that.
Seen on Twitter:

Quote:Junior Justice ?@tmundal
I'm thinking an air conditioned bar where a guy can get a cheap burger and a pint.

Sounds like a great way to beat the heat!
(06-29-2013, 08:36 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 08:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Go get wet on the inside, and as your body perspires that moisture it carries off heat too.

Yeah, I've heard that.

Yep. Ponder and the Old Maine Woodsman are right about that, so I read. Hydrate, above all, hydrate!

And, if you have a spray bottle with a really fine mist setting, use it with the fan and see if that helps. If you look like you are a candidate for the wet tee shirt contest, the spray was not fine enough. Smiling
Holy crap!

Almost forgot.

I have 2 cords of firewood to split for winter. I gotta get out there and get busy while I still have the light.

Was on my way out the door when Mrs. Wonky caught me and suggested I wait until it's 110 degrees. She said she don't want no false alarms and having the damn fire department bringing me back to life.

Like Chevron, she really cares. Wink
(06-30-2013, 04:34 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 08:36 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Yeah, I've heard that.

Yep. Ponder and the Old Maine Woodsman are right about that, so I read. Hydrate, above all, hydrate!

And, if you have a spray bottle with a really fine mist setting, use it with the fan and see if that helps. If you look like you are a candidate for the wet tee shirt contest, the spray was not fine enough. Smiling

It's not as hot as they keep saying. I'm operating without turning on the A/C. But hot weather doesn't motivate me. I tend to go into low.
(06-30-2013, 04:26 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Seen on Twitter:

Quote:Junior Justice ?@tmundal
I'm thinking an air conditioned bar where a guy can get a cheap burger and a pint.

Sounds like a great way to beat the heat!

I'm all about that. Even if a burger sounds a bit heavy.
The heat seems to be difficult on the boxer. He's pretty big. About a hundred pounds. He has fresh water. I put ice in it, not that he seems to care. The room is ventilated with a fan. We hosed him off earlier. But he seems distressed. He stalks me. Following me or standing incredibly close, looking at me and panting directly on me, which in this case is most unpleasant. The little dog seems to be faring better, except she wants to sit on me. Too hot.
(06-30-2013, 10:35 PM)Tiamat Wrote: The heat seems to be difficult on the boxer. He's pretty big. About a hundred pounds. He has fresh water. I put ice in it, not that he seems to care. The room is ventilated with a fan. We hosed him off earlier. But he seems distressed. He stalks me. Following me or standing incredibly close, looking at me and panting directly on me, which in this case is most unpleasant. The little dog seems to be faring better, except she wants to sit on me. Too hot.

Poor dog. As you know they loose heat only (mostly) by panting and when it's really hot they struggle. As long as you make sure they have plenty of water I think they will fare okay. The fan won't help a lot, but a cool (not cold) water bath wouldn't hurt. I once had a mutt that would lay on an ice pack covered with towels. But he also ate cat poop so he might not be a good example. Wink
Duffy was a bit dull. We got along great!
I sprayed him with a mister and he seemed to enjoy it.