Breakfast Time
Breakfast/Brunch Pizza. 

[Image: 20171123_111110.jpg]
Another delicious breakfast by my cousin today... Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes (made with local Apple Bananas) and Fried Spam
[Image: 6b068dcf808b168b3c67c8b01b0e8643.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(11-23-2017, 05:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: My cousin made breakfast this morning... Scrambled Eggs with Maui Sweet Onions, local Avocados, Salsa; Fried Spam; Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with Homemade Guava Jam.
[Image: 7376ce66555eda939a1ae64ba30c09d3.jpg]

I dont' think I've ever had spam.
(11-25-2017, 06:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 05:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: My cousin made breakfast this morning... Scrambled Eggs with Maui Sweet Onions, local Avocados, Salsa; Fried Spam; Hawaiian Sweet Rolls with Homemade Guava Jam.

Weirdo Razz Razz
Spam is very popular in Hawaii.

If you try it... get the low sodium. It's pretty salty.

(11-25-2017, 06:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Spam is very popular in Hawaii.

It's pretty salty

Yeah what isn't LOL

Yes I imagine it is. And Hawaii's love of the stuff is legendary.  No, I won't be buying any, any time soon.
(11-25-2017, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's pretty salty

Yeah what isn't LOL

I don't know what that means?    I don't know that I buy much high sodium foods...
(11-25-2017, 06:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Weirdo Razz Razz

Am I?  I'm starting to think there are a lot of things I've never tried...chicken and waffles comes to mind. I've never had collard greens, or spoon bread...noticing a pattern here?
That's What I like About The South!
Spam is pressed pork shoulder, basically. Ham,in other words.
We were having a discussion on one of my food pages about making 
waffles with leftover dressing. Then they ruined the whole idea by pouring maple syrup over the thing.
I opined that maple syrup ruins everything it touches. I thought I was alone in this belief but a whole bunch of folks had similar feelings.
I don't feel alone in the world anymore.
(11-26-2017, 07:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That's What I like About The South!
waffles with leftover dressing. Then they ruined the whole idea by pouring maple syrup over the thing.
I opined that maple syrup ruins everything it touches. I thought I was alone in this belief but a whole bunch of folks had similar feelings.

And "That's what I like about The North".
Genuine Maple syrup is a treat, (if expensive) but to pour it over Spam would be a waste. 

PS: In the military, the cooks often mixed spam and scrambled eggs, with some canned tomatoes and spices and with a couple of slices of toast and some coffee it was great.
Um, I said nothing about putting maple syrup on Spam.
But carry on...
(11-26-2017, 09:45 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Um, I said nothing about putting maple syrup on Spam.
But carry on...

From your post:
"I opined that maple syrup ruins everything it touches"

I assumed that included Spam.

But carry on.
(11-25-2017, 07:13 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Weirdo Razz Razz

Am I?  I'm starting to think there are a lot of things I've never tried...chicken and waffles comes to mind. I've never had collard greens, or spoon bread...noticing a pattern here?

I think I had spam when I was very young, probably while camping. I think it's one of those things a young palette can abide but one I can't appreciate now. Like pickled pigs feet.

Weirdo Razz Razz

Am I?
No LOL but I would have thought practically everyone your age had eaten spam at some point.
Because in the past there weren't so many food snobs Razz

I've never tried...chicken and waffles comes to mind. I've never had collard greens, or spoon bread...

I think those things are all more rare than spam. The only one I've even heard of is collard greens.
(11-26-2017, 10:06 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Weirdo Razz Razz

I think I had spam when I was very young, probably while camping. I think it's one of those things a young palette can abide but one I can't appreciate now. Like pickled pigs feet.
My dad loved pickled pigs feet. I remember being grossed out as a kid just looking at them. I wonder if he liked them because it was the one thing no one else would eat and would always be in the cupboard.
I don't see any connection to that and Spam.
To me Spam is just like very tender and salty ham and full of fat. And Fat is what makes a lot of food taste so good.
(11-26-2017, 03:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 10:06 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 06:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: I dont' think I've ever had spam.

Weirdo Razz Razz

My dad loved pickled pigs feet. I remember being grossed out as a kid just looking at them. I wonder if he liked them because it was the one thing no one else would eat and would always be in the cupboard.
I don't see any connection to that and Spam.
To me Spam is just like very tender and salty ham and full of fat. And Fat is what makes a lot of food taste so good.

Kind'a like pickled pigs feet.   Razz  Except maybe for the tender part.
(11-26-2017, 03:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Weirdo Razz Razz

Am I?
No LOL but I would have thought practically everyone your age had eaten spam at some point.

I've never tried...chicken and waffles comes to mind. I've never had collard greens, or spoon bread...

I think those things are all more rare than spam. The only one I've even heard of is collard greens.

You haven't heard of chicken and waffles??!? 

spoon bread is older than dirt!  But I've still never had it.

The theme being Southern. There are lots of Southern foods I haven't tried.  I don't know if it still is, but for a while there, Cajun style was the big thing in food.  Every pub and homegrown style restaurant seemed to be doing Cajun food.  Very trendy!  And I don't like it.
(11-26-2017, 07:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That's What I like About The South!

That's interesting.  A group I'm in has a multi national base and there's a huge discussion going on about chicken and waffles. The UK crowd saying that they can't understand why you would serve meat and dessert at the same time.  The American crowd objecting that waffles are breakfast food not dessert food. 

In truth, the one thing I like maple syrup on  is sausages. I like that salty sweet juxtaposition kind of like when people put pineapple with ham.  The UK folks said that UK sausage isn't salty but rather herby/spicy...and the debate rages on.  I'm sure spam is like ham...maybe I've had a nibble once and don't remember.
(11-26-2017, 04:12 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 03:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 06:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: I dont' think I've ever had spam.

Weirdo Razz Razz

Am I?

You haven't heard of chicken and waffles??!? 

spoon bread is older than dirt!  But I've still never had it.

The theme being Southern. There are lots of Southern foods I haven't tried.  I don't know if it still is, but for a while there, Cajun style was the big thing in food.  Every pub and homegrown style restaurant seemed to be doing Cajun food.  Very trendy!  And I don't like it.

Well IMO Spam is FAR more common than any of what you mentioned.

I don't like a lot of Cajun food fro the same reason I don't like a lot of Mexican food, Too hot too spicy.
IMO people originally put all that hot spicy stuff on food because the food was crap and didn't have a lot of flavor by itself. Laughing