Breakfast Time
Yesterday we had a Father's Day Brunch...
Quiche, Bacon, Sausage, Fruit/Melon Bowl
[Image: 10469710_10203844739500139_6477506805970458057_n.jpg]
...and our daughter made delicious bloody Marys!
[Image: 10418283_10203844663818247_6295591663585510841_n.jpg]

So this morning we got to have Father's Day Brunch leftovers for breakfast! Thumbs Up Yum! Big Grin
Hubby made us breakfast this morning... Eggs (fresh eggs from one of his employees chickadees) over Toast with Turkey Sausage Patties. It was yummo!
[Image: 10341438_10203934594426456_5354182259135800195_n.jpg]
I need to figure something out. I'm due to go run errands on my bike, but if I don't eat, my blood sugar will crash and I'll be unable to do a thing. Tic Toc.
(06-27-2014, 09:35 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I need to figure something out. I'm due to go run errands on my bike, but if I don't eat, my blood sugar will crash and I'll be unable to do a thing. Tic Toc.

Have some protein!
(06-27-2014, 10:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 09:35 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I need to figure something out. I'm due to go run errands on my bike, but if I don't eat, my blood sugar will crash and I'll be unable to do a thing. Tic Toc.

Have some protein!

Well....yeah.Big Grin
OK, here is the deal. I bought oatmeal and I can eat it during the week, but on weekends I need a fried breakfast. Can you dig it?

I can smell it and I am hungry. Smiling

Home fries with onions and bell peppers from the garden

2 eggs over easy

Bacon

9 grain bakery bread toast w real butter

Good coffee (I bought some whole beans from Dutch Bros)
(01-16-2014, 09:44 AM)Valuesize Wrote: $100.00? Couldn't you just use a blender? Razz

Well, a vitamix blender. When you're blending up all those fibrous foods, you want something that really pulverizes them and smooths them out. I don't do smoothies of any kind anymore, so, no need for that kind of thing . I'd like it for grinding coffee or beans or seeds, but it's not worth the bother for me.
Ham, Cheese & Artichoke Quiche in the oven... Breakfast will be served in 5 minutes!
(06-08-2015, 08:41 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Ham, Cheese & Artichoke Quiche in the oven... Breakfast will be served in 5 minutes!
"Real men don't each Quiche". 

Real men get up at dawn and go out and shoot something for breakfast and roast it on a stick. So I'm told. I go to Elmer's for Artichoke Quiche.  Embarrassed
(06-08-2015, 02:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 08:41 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Ham, Cheese & Artichoke Quiche in the oven... Breakfast will be served in 5 minutes!

Real men get up at dawn and go out and shoot something for breakfast and roast it on a stick. So I'm told. I go to Elmer's for Artichoke Quiche.  Embarrassed

My guy is a REAL MAN Eyebrows  and he loves quiche.  Big Grin
(06-08-2015, 10:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

I butchered a few Quiche that my friend shot when we were on a camping trip. They are pretty tasty. 
Breakfast? In this heat? Most likely some yogurt or kefir. BTW, I LOVE Kefir. A lot more than  yogurt.  But EXPENSIVE!  Good thing I don't use a lot, or have it every day.
(06-09-2015, 12:01 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Breakfast? In this heat? Most likely some yogurt or kefir. BTW, I LOVE Kefir. A lot more than  yogurt.  But EXPENSIVE!  Good thing I don't use a lot, or have it every day.

I honestly have never heard of this stuff.  Embarrassed  Seems pretty easy to make and there MUST be someplace in Ashland you can buy the grains. 

How To Make Milk Kefir

Makes 1 cup

What You Need
Ingredients
1 cup milk, preferably whole fat (see Recipe Notes)
1 teaspoon active kefir grains (See Recipe Notes)
Equipment
1 pint-sized glass jar
Cheesecloth, paper towel, or clean napkin
Rubberband
Small strainer (preferably plastic, but metal is ok)
Storage container with lid
Instructions
Note: Avoid prolonged contact between the kefir and metal both during and after brewing. This can affect the flavor of your kefir and weaken the grains over time.

1. Combine the milk and the grains in a jar: Pour the milk into a clean glass jar (not metal) and stir in the kefir grains. The milk can be cold or room temperature, either is fine.
  2. Cover the jar: Cover the jar with cheesecloth, a paper towel, or a clean napkin and secure it with a rubber band. Do not screw a lid onto the jar as the build up of carbon dioxide from the fermenting grains can cause pressure to build in the jar, and in extreme cases, cause the jar to burst.
  3. Ferment for 12 to 48 hours: Store the jar at room temperature (ideally around 70°F) away from direct sunlight. Check the jar every few hours. When the milk has thickened and tastes tangy, it's ready. This will usually take about 24 hours at average room temperatures; the milk will ferment faster at warmer temperatures and slower at cool temperatures. If your milk hasn't fermented after 48 hours, strain out the grains and try again in a fresh batch (this sometimes happens when using new kefir grains, when refreshing dried kefir grains, or when using grains that have been refrigerated).
  4. Strain out the kefir grains: Place a small strainer over the container you'll use to store the kefir. Strain the kefir into the container, catching the grains in the strainer.
  5. Transfer the grains to fresh milk: Stir the grains into a fresh batch of milk and allow to ferment again. This way, you can make a fresh batch of kefir roughly every 24 hours. To take a break from making kefir, place the grains in fresh milk, cover tightly, and refrigerate.
  6. Drink or refrigerate the milk kefir: The prepared milk kefir can be used or drunk immediately, or covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Recipe Notes
  • Activating Dried Kefir Grains: If you bought your kefir grains in a dried form, rehydrate them by soaking them in fresh milk at room temperature. Change the milk every 24 hours until the grains begin to culture the milk and make kefir. It may take 3 to 7 days for the kefir grains to become fully active.
  • What Milk to Use: Kefir works best with whole-fat cow, goat, sheep, or other animal milk. You can use low-fat milks, but refresh the grains in whole fat milk if they stop fermenting the kefir properly. Raw and pasteurized milks can be used, but avoid ultra-high temperature (UHT) pasteurized milks.
  • Making More or Less Kefir: You'll need about a teaspoon of grains to ferment 1 to 2 cups of milk. You can also ferment less milk than this, but fermentation will go more quickly. Your grains will start to multiply over time, allowing you to ferment more milk if you like. Maintain a ratio of about a teaspoon of grains to 1 cup of milk.
  • Taking a Break from Making Kefir: To take a break from making kefir, transfer the grains into a fresh container of milk, cover tightly, and refrigerate for up to a month.
  • What to Do if Your Kefir Separates: Sometimes kefir will separate into a solid layer and milky layer if left too long. This is fine! Shake the jar or whisk the kefir to recombine and carry on. If this happens regularly, start checking your kefir sooner.
Thanks VS.  I know you can make it. Just like you can make yogurt. But I never do!   I've still never even made homemade  pasta.  
(06-08-2015, 10:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

No my view, Scrappy. 
From a book published in the 80's. (Bestseller too)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Men_Don't_Eat_Quiche

So, It was just a play on words. And I'm sure your guy is a REAL MAN. He must be...seems to keep you happy.  Embarrassed
Rice and Eggs Plus
[Image: 12079092_10207632075181164_3038166313556...e=56C90E8B]
I baked a spiral sliced ham a couple of days ago... so breakfast this morning was ham & cheese omelettes with home fried baby reds.

[Image: 1935630_10208145124367073_35102853240110...e=570D4225]

Also... have the bone, some ham and white beans in the crock pot.  Going to make some corn bread to go with it.
(01-03-2016, 12:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I baked a spiral sliced ham a couple of days ago... so breakfast this morning was ham & cheese omelettes with home fried baby reds.

[Image: 1935630_10208145124367073_35102853240110...e=570D4225]

Also... have the bone, some ham and white beans in the crock pot.  Going to make some corn bread to go with it.

good thing you're not browning those eggs. Sacrilege!
(01-03-2016, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 12:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I baked a spiral sliced ham a couple of days ago... so breakfast this morning was ham & cheese omelettes with home fried baby reds.

good thing you're not browning those eggs. Sacrilege!

Yep. That omelet looks perfect. The incredible edible egg. I love em. 
Chilaquiles