Medford man cited after illegal firework blows off hand, police say
(07-01-2013, 08:09 AM)gapper Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 06:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 02:05 PM)gapper Wrote: So, we are to believe that this "dud" sat in the yard for an hour and, when he picked it up, it just spontaneously ignited?
Can someone more well versed than I in pyrotechnics confirm this is possible?
Sounds hokey to me, but I might just not know the possibilities.

No wonder you support most of TVguys views. Lock em up if if they stray. Ninja

Wow. Where have I said "lock em up"?? Oh, I didn't.
I said it sounds hokey to me (as in my simple opinion) and asked for someone with more knowledge if it were even possible. You evidently don't know the answer, but just had to say something, even it was off topic and related to nothing I said that you quoted.
Mimicking another here that often has to say something, relevant or not, does not become you.

Yeah, I think that's about right. I mean, do you always go along with TV?
(07-01-2013, 08:50 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 02:05 PM)gapper Wrote: So, we are to believe that this "dud" sat in the yard for an hour and, when he picked it up, it just spontaneously ignited?

I said it sounds hokey to me (as in my simple opinion) and asked for someone with more knowledge if it were even possible. You evidently don't know the answer, but just had to say something, even it was off topic and related to nothing I said that you quoted.
Mimicking another here that often has to say something, relevant or not, does not become you.

No. Not at all.
Nor have I advocated locking this person up.
Weird.
(07-01-2013, 09:05 AM)gapper Wrote:

No. Not at all.
Weird.
Now we have another person that takes things literally that are not meant that way. Allow me to explain, projecting with the lock em up comment is meant to take your comment to another level as a way of saying your opinion is rather severe. And TVguy is a lock em up guy so it served the purpose of pointing out you're usually in agreement with him. If you want me to speculate some more, I would say that probably has a lot to do with your mutual dislike of Leonard.
(07-01-2013, 09:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 06:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote: No wonder you support most of TVguys views. Lock em up if if they stray. Ninja

No. Not at all.
Weird.
Now we have another person that takes things literally that are not meant that way. Allow me to explain, projecting with the lock em up comment is meant to take your comment to another level as a way of saying your opinion is rather severe. And TVguy is a lock em up guy so it served the purpose of pointing out you're usually in agreement with him. If you want me to speculate some more I would say it probably has a lot to do with your mutual dislike of Leonard.

Well, you seem to be trying this technique on posters, to nudge them a bit, even provoke.but it doesn't seem to working. It's very oblique. I think it leaves the reader bewildered as well as a little resentful. But they can't go to another level, 'cause they aren't even sure what you're saying.Careful, Clete, or folks will think you've been taking posting lessons from me. Better tighten your style up.
(07-01-2013, 09:37 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 08:09 AM)gapper Wrote: Wow. Where have I said "lock em up"?? Oh, I didn't.

No. Not at all.
Weird.
Now we have another person that takes things literally that are not meant that way. Allow me to explain, projecting with the lock em up comment is meant to take your comment to another level as a way of saying your opinion is rather severe. And TVguy is a lock em up guy so it served the purpose of pointing out you're usually in agreement with him. If you want me to speculate some more I would say it probably has a lot to do with your mutual dislike of Leonard.

Well, you seem to be trying this technique on posters, to nudge them a bit, even provoke.but it doesn't seem to working. It's very oblique. I think it leaves the reader bewildered as well as a little resentful. But they can't go to another level, 'cause they aren't even sure what you're saying.Careful, Clete, or folks will think you've been taking posting lessons from me. Better tighten your style up.
I was going for resentful. OK, I'll try a different technique.
(07-01-2013, 09:41 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 08:50 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Yeah, I think that's about right. I mean, do you always go along with TV?
No. Not at all.
Weird.

Huh........
So taking what I have said and misrepresenting it completely is meant to take the conversation to another level, or to create resentment. Which is it?
Whatever it is, it remains weird.
And, my feelings about Leonard have nothing to do with any of this, or how I accept or interact with TV.
Yeah, weird, all the way around....

Evidently there isn't enough resentment and fighting for you these days. Is that it?Blink
(07-01-2013, 10:01 AM)gapper Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 09:05 AM)gapper Wrote: No. Not at all.
Weird.

Huh........
So taking what I have said and misrepresenting it completely is meant to take the conversation to another level, or to create resentment. Which is it?
And, my feelings about Leonard have nothing to do with any of this, or how I accept or interact with TV.

Evidently there isn't enough resentment and fighting for you these days. Is that it?Blink

Yeah, my sarcasm and other subtle razzing doesn't work much of the time. I'll practice and get back to you.
(07-01-2013, 10:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 09:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Now we have another person that takes things literally that are not meant that way. Allow me to explain, projecting with the lock em up comment is meant to take your comment to another level as a way of saying your opinion is rather severe. And TVguy is a lock em up guy so it served the purpose of pointing out you're usually in agreement with him. If you want me to speculate some more I would say it probably has a lot to do with your mutual dislike of Leonard.

Huh........

Yeah, my sarcasm and other subtle razzing doesn't work much of the time. I'll practice and get back to you.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just slow.
I know I'm confused!!Big Grin
(07-01-2013, 09:05 AM)gapper Wrote: No. Not at all.
Weird.

Huh........

Gapper, open your minds eye!!! Resentment usually creates a response which in turn will take it to another level!!!

Now this was humour and I don't suppose anyone gets it. Just so you know and don't get .....resentful.Big Grin
(07-01-2013, 10:55 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 09:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Now we have another person that takes things literally that are not meant that way. Allow me to explain, projecting with the lock em up comment is meant to take your comment to another level as a way of saying your opinion is rather severe. And TVguy is a lock em up guy so it served the purpose of pointing out you're usually in agreement with him. If you want me to speculate some more I would say it probably has a lot to do with your mutual dislike of Leonard.

Huh........

Gapper, open your minds eye!!! Resentment usually creates a response which in turn will take it to another level!!!

Now this was humour and I don't suppose anyone gets it. Just so you know and don't get .....resentful.Big Grin
I am leaving in a few minute to hang with some friends. Some of these friends are much younger than me. I am sure to learn stuff and then you will all be sorry you could not not follow my thinking just because you don't share my head with me.Laughing Pay backs are a bitch huh Tia?
(07-01-2013, 04:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I am leaving in a few minute to hang with some friends. Some of these friends are much younger than me. I am sure to learn stuff

I hope you'll share your new knowledge with us.

Good Lord Cletus If I exaggerated your views they way you do mine you would want the the city to give the guy a new robot hand and a few million dollars.
No one would EVER go to jail more that two days.
ANY discrepancy between police and citizens would be automatic in finding the police guilty.
NO drug or drug DEALER should EVER be jailed.
All illegal aliens are the salt of the earth and no matter how many flood in to this country... it's all good.
We'll simply makes more lawns for them to cut.Hell lets pay them to not cut the grass.

BTW the guy could have killed someone and he only lost a couple of fingers, unless it destroys his chance to be a concert violinist... big freakin whopee.
(07-01-2013, 05:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 04:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I am leaving in a few minute to hang with some friends. Some of these friends are much younger than me. I am sure to learn stuff

It's code talk and it really means I'm gonna go get shit faced on yuppy expensive beerLaughing
(07-01-2013, 06:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 05:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

It's code talk and it really means I'm gonna go get shit faced on yuppy expensive beerLaughing

And I hope he comes back and PUI's! I love it when cletus PUI's. Big Grin
(07-01-2013, 04:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 10:55 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 09:37 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Well, you seem to be trying this technique on posters, to nudge them a bit, even provoke.but it doesn't seem to working. It's very oblique. I think it leaves the reader bewildered as well as a little resentful. But they can't go to another level, 'cause they aren't even sure what you're saying.Careful, Clete, or folks will think you've been taking posting lessons from me. Better tighten your style up.

Huh........

I am leaving in a few minute to hang with some friends. Some of these friends are much younger than me. I am sure to learn stuff and then you will all be sorry you could not not follow my thinking just because you don't share my head with me.Laughing Pay backs are a bitch huh Tia?

Yeah? You just wait.