Poor Leonard
The Moderator is kicking butt and Leonard didn't stay around long enough to see it. Too bad really, Leonard always wanted the Mods to moderate. Then again I am not sure what Leonard meant by moderate.Big Grin

"Things are changing I can feel it" Beck -Loser
(07-02-2013, 01:55 PM)cletus1 Wrote: The Moderator is kicking butt and Leonard didn't stay around long enough to see it. Too bad really, Leonard always wanted the Mods to moderate. Then again I am not sure what Leonard meant by moderate.Big Grin

I must not be paying attention. What's the Mod been up to? Gawd, I really want a list at the bottom of the page that shows Moderator activity! This God stuff makes me nervous.
(07-02-2013, 01:55 PM)cletus1 Wrote: The Moderator is kicking butt and Leonard didn't stay around long enough to see it. Too bad really, Leonard always wanted the Mods to moderate. Then again I am not sure what Leonard meant by moderate.Big Grin

Say what? I leave for a quickie (cold lunch) and I hear Leonard is in trouble. Or worse?

Hey, Leonard's one of the good guys. Sure, I've had issues with him for years but it's never (almost) personal.

This doesn't feel right. What next? Blondmom gets axed for having a headache? (I can't post tonight dear). PonderThis gets chopped for his lack of sense of humor LaughingLaughingLaughing, TVg for owning too much fishing gear? Clete because he won't obey the 10 Commandments?

Me? I'm safe. Never raise a fuss, do I. No controversy here, no-sir-ree-bob.

We may have to pay HammySandwich to come back so we will have someone to fight with.

Sad day.
(07-02-2013, 02:22 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Say what? I leave for a quickie (cold lunch) and I hear Leonard is in trouble. Or worse?

Hey, Leonard's one of the good guys. Sure, I've had issues with him for years but it's never (almost) personal.

This doesn't feel right. What next? Blondmom gets axed for having a headache? (I can't post tonight dear). PonderThis gets chopped for his lack of sense of humor LaughingLaughingLaughing, TVg for owning too much fishing gear? Clete because he won't obey the 10 Commandments?

We may have to pay HammySandwich to come back so we will have someone to fight with.

Sad day.

Leonard wasn't banned, he quit.
(07-02-2013, 05:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Sad day.

NO ONE QUITS THE ROGUE VALLEY FORUM
(If you are unfamiliar with Monty Python, disregard)

Leonard will be back. He can't live without us. The soothing daily sessions, the valuable time spent exchanging views with well read and insightful pleasant peers, the joy of being lauded for witty remarks, and the sharing of good news we all find so often represented here.

He shall return. (Hold it...that was Custer or somebody: Can't use a line that is protected.

I feel we should all contribute to a central fund to finance a plea for his return, broadcast on all the local TV stations. NO! All Oregon and Northern California stations! Radio too! And a large ad in the Mail Tribune (If it happened yesterday, it's news to us).

The weight of this is crushing. It's like losing a brother in the Civil War or something. Spanish American War? Okay, maybe in a street fight.

Join me, my bothers and sisters, lest we crack asunder from the weight of this loss.

BRING LEONARD HOME!
(07-02-2013, 05:42 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Sad day.

Leonard will be back. He can't live without us. The soothing daily sessions, the valuable time spent exchanging views with well read and insightful pleasant peers, the joy of being lauded for witty remarks, and the sharing of good news we all find so often represented here.

He shall return. (Hold it...that was Custer or somebody: Can't use a line that is protected.

I feel we should all contribute to a central fund to finance a plea for his return, broadcast on all the local TV stations. NO! All Oregon and Northern California stations! Radio too! And a large ad in the Mail Tribune (If it happened yesterday, it's news to us).

The weight of this is crushing. It's like losing a brother in the Civil War or something. Spanish American War? Okay, maybe in a street fight.

Join me, my bothers and sisters, lest we crack asunder from the weight of this loss.

BRING LEONARD HOME!

Or not.

Sad day.

Again?
(07-02-2013, 09:53 PM)Snowlover Wrote:

Sad day.

Again?

Do we have a limit?
(07-02-2013, 09:54 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 09:53 PM)Snowlover Wrote:

Sad day.

Again?

Do we have a limit?

No. He's always welcome back.
(07-02-2013, 05:42 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Sad day.

BRING LEONARD HOME!

LaughingLaughing
Maybe he's watching TeeVee.
Leonard doesn't watch no stinkin' TV.

(If you want to know, he's moved on to international forums instead, where his views are more mainstream.)
(07-03-2013, 08:12 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Leonard doesn't watch no stinkin' TV.

(If you want to know, he's moved on to international forums instead, where his views are more mainstream.)

The path of least resistance. No surprise for me in that choice. Life is much easier when one sides with a flock that holds one's same opinions and outlooks.
That's one interpretation of that.
(07-03-2013, 08:33 AM)PonderThis Wrote: That's one interpretation of that.

You must have aced arithmetic!
Laughing

Isn't TeeVee unbanned? I'm too subtle. You're slipping...Wink
(07-03-2013, 08:19 AM)gapper Wrote:

The path of least resistance. No surprise for me in that choice. Life is much easier when one sides with a flock that holds one's same opinions and outlooks.

Like I said when everybody's thinkin the same no one is thinkin
(07-03-2013, 10:14 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:

I knew that was another possible interpretation. And in this case, I had inside information, and I think it had to do with more than TV. Several people here have addressed the point they don't like confronting the issues Leonard brings up, it makes them feel too uncomfortable with themselves.

And yes, I know I can take things too literally sometimes too. Smiling

I 'got it'!!
Cool
(07-03-2013, 10:22 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

I knew that was another possible interpretation. And in this case, I had inside information, and I think it had to do with more than TV. Several people here have addressed the point they don't like confronting the issues Leonard brings up, it makes them feel too uncomfortable with themselves.

And yes, I know I can take things too literally sometimes too. Smiling

I don't know that you take things too literally, we are each endowed with certain unalienable rights, ...
Ah shucks. I was only 22 when I wrote that for old Abe but it sticks in my head.
Okay reset:
That you might be "more literal" than some can be a huge advantage. You've posted about the pipeline issue near you and your personality may be very well suited to lead the other locals in a fight against that thing, if that's what you decide to do.
Thank the gods we are not all cookie cutter types, each a copy of the other. Take TVg for instance. Now, he likes to play with snakes and collects string. Me, I don't get it, but hey, that's just me. Laughing

I hope Leonard returns. My quarrel with Leonard was not that he posted lots and lots of negative things, but that he seldom added his own comments letting us know how he would react, what he might do to combat the issues, and so forth. We all have access to lots of information and just regurgitating it here is of little value unless we are willing to discuss it and give our own views. Or, at least that's my take on it.

But I gotta run. I'm trying to find out where GCG is driving his logging truck so I can get in front of him on my bike, on a hill, and make him shift all the way down. Razz
You have been right all along Ponder. I'm basically a butt head. SleepyEmbarrassed