Poor Leonard
(07-03-2013, 10:47 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 10:22 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 10:14 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 08:12 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Leonard doesn't watch no stinkin' TV.

(If you want to know, he's moved on to international forums instead, where his views are more mainstream.)

Isn't TeeVee unbanned? I'm too subtle. You're slipping...Wink

I knew that was another possible interpretation. And in this case, I had inside information, and I think it had to do with more than TV. Several people here have addressed the point they don't like confronting the issues Leonard brings up, it makes them feel too uncomfortable with themselves.

And yes, I know I can take things too literally sometimes too. Smiling

I don't know that you take things too literally, we are each endowed with certain unalienable rights, ...
Ah shucks. I was only 22 when I wrote that for old Abe but it sticks in my head.
Okay reset:
That you might be "more literal" than some can be a huge advantage. You've posted about the pipeline issue near you and your personality may be very well suited to lead the other locals in a fight against that thing, if that's what you decide to do.
Thank the gods we are not all cookie cutter types, each a copy of the other. Take TVg for instance. Now, he likes to play with snakes and collects string. Me, I don't get it, but hey, that's just me. Laughing

I hope Leonard returns. My quarrel with Leonard was not that he posted lots and lots of negative things, but that he seldom added his own comments letting us know how he would react, what he might do to combat the issues, and so forth. We all have access to lots of information and just regurgitating it here is of little value unless we are willing to discuss it and give our own views. Or, at least that's my take on it.

But I gotta run. I'm trying to find out where GCG is driving his logging truck so I can get in front of him on my bike, on a hill, and make him shift all the way down. Razz
You have been right all along Ponder. I'm basically a butt head. SleepyEmbarrassed

Which is probably why Leonard is leaving. No one discussed what he posted, only how he posted. And my impression is that he was more interested in hearing how others would react to the articles than he was in hearing how people would react to his thoughts on the articles.
(07-03-2013, 11:06 AM)csrowan Wrote:

(If you want to know, he's moved on to international forums instead, where his views are more mainstream.)

I knew that was another possible interpretation. And in this case, I had inside information, and I think it had to do with more than TV. Several people here have addressed the point they don't like confronting the issues Leonard brings up, it makes them feel too uncomfortable with themselves.

I don't know that you take things too literally, we are each endowed with certain unalienable rights, ...
Ah shucks. I was only 22 when I wrote that for old Abe but it sticks in my head.
Okay reset:
That you might be "more literal" than some can be a huge advantage. You've posted about the pipeline issue near you and your personality may be very well suited to lead the other locals in a fight against that thing, if that's what you decide to do.
Thank the gods we are not all cookie cutter types, each a copy of the other. Take TVg for instance. Now, he likes to play with snakes and collects string. Me, I don't get it, but hey, that's just me. Laughing

I hope Leonard returns. My quarrel with Leonard was not that he posted lots and lots of negative things, but that he seldom added his own comments letting us know how he would react, what he might do to combat the issues, and so forth. We all have access to lots of information and just regurgitating it here is of little value unless we are willing to discuss it and give our own views. Or, at least that's my take on it.

But I gotta run. I'm trying to find out where GCG is driving his logging truck so I can get in front of him on my bike, on a hill, and make him shift all the way down. Razz
You have been right all along Ponder. I'm basically a butt head. SleepyEmbarrassed

Which is probably why Leonard is leaving. No one discussed what he posted, only how he posted. And my impression is that he was more interested in hearing how others would react to the articles than he was in hearing how people would react to his thoughts on the articles.

Well, that's what makes a horse race I guess. I simply disagree. Not much to say after that.
(07-03-2013, 11:10 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:06 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 10:14 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: Isn't TeeVee unbanned? I'm too subtle. You're slipping...Wink

Okay reset:

Well, that's what makes a horse race I guess. I simply disagree. Not much to say after that.

Same here.
One difference I have is that I have a longer history of interaction, or attempted interaction with Leonard. My opinion is that no, he does not want to discuss the issues and the "why's and what fors". He wants support of his belief that we are in the tank, it's helpless and we, as a country, suck.
I have personally heard MANY times over the years, something on the order of "it doesn't matter what you do to try to make it better, it's over, we are screwed, it's hopeless, etc., etc..". So, with that mind set, what's there to talk about????
How much you hate him personally seems like a good start to me.
(07-03-2013, 10:25 AM)gapper Wrote:

I 'got it'!!
Cool
Well sure gapper, you're a tough one to slip stuff by, that's a compliment. Did I need to say that..Big Grin
I responded to some of his postings and in fact wanted to be supportive. They were too long. Forums I think work better if you start with a little snowball and push it down the hill. If done correctly you can get a good discussion going.
Speakin of TV, TV found out a long time ago the 90 min shows just weren't popular. I'm not talking variety shows.
Keep it short, simple and let it evolve.
(07-03-2013, 11:15 AM)gapper Wrote: (Leonard) wants support of his belief that we are in the tank, it's helpless and we, as a country, suck.
I have personally heard MANY times over the years, something on the order of "it doesn't matter what you do to try to make it better, it's over, we are screwed, it's hopeless, etc., etc..". So, with that mind set, what's there to talk about????

We could talk about how climate change is reaching epic proportions, Co2 continues to be belched into the atmosphere, our out-of-control government is practically completely controlled by corporate interests now and not the people like we thought it was supposed to be, our government lies to us and everyone else yet they expect us to tell the truth, we fight more wars than anyone, oh, the list could go on quite a long ways on from this.

Who can say these things aren't serious? I think you're using kind of a head in the sand sort of logic when you think this is all just peachy fine to let things go the way they're going.
I think an underlying theme in many of Leonard's posts was the concept that focusing on the celebrity, personality, or identity of politicians (and of people who post on Internet forums) instead of focusing on ideas and policies is a mistake. And I agree with that. You don't have to align with Leonard's point of view to appreciate the thought-provoking and challenging nature of the opinions he provided. Why does it matter that someone's perspective is opposed (or alien) to yours? Focusing on personalities or allegiances seems to result in a descent into pointless aggression. And then people end up leaving or getting banned. It's stupid. Examine ideas instead of finding new ways to insult each other. Making Leonard (or anyone else) uncomfortable is not a great accomplishment. Posting a clever stinging rebuke does not really amount to much. It's just crappy, petty, and ugly.
(07-03-2013, 11:20 AM)PonderThis Wrote: How much you hate him personally seems like a good start to me.

I disagree.
Leonard's personal and deep betrayal of me and my trust is nothing I'm going to talk about on a public forum. . Maybe you need to realize that and move on.
(07-03-2013, 11:26 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:15 AM)gapper Wrote: (Leonard) wants support of his belief that we are in the tank, it's helpless and we, as a country, suck.

We could talk about how climate change is reaching epic proportions, Co2 continues to be belched into the atmosphere, our out-of-control government is practically completely controlled by corporate interests now and not the people like we thought it was supposed to be, our government lies to us and everyone else yet they expect us to tell the truth, we fight more wars than anyone, oh, the list could go on quite a long ways on from this.

OK.
Start a thread about these subjects, tell us your take on the issues you list, and let's see where it goes, who wants to talk about them, and what they have to say.

Maybe there is interest in discussing these here, maybe not. My personal focus is more local but, I am but one of maybe a half dozen active members. Go for it.
Leonard already has. Instead of sparking dialogue, people attacked him personally. You're exhibit # one by your posts even now.
(07-03-2013, 11:48 AM)gapper Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:20 AM)PonderThis Wrote: How much you hate him personally seems like a good start to me.

I disagree.
Leonard's personal and deep betrayal of me and my trust is nothing I'm going to talk about on a public forum. . Maybe you need to realize that and move on.

You should know all about that, eh? Rolling Eyes
Your actions have been no better. Dry
(07-03-2013, 12:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:48 AM)gapper Wrote:

I disagree.

You should know all about that, eh? Rolling Eyes
Your actions have been no better. Dry

Wow.
Didn't see that a comin'.
Maybe I was on vacation in Cave Junction when all that happened.
But, I guess I miss as much as I hit. So to speak. I did. Speak, that is.
I'll try to pay better attention.
In the meantime, I hope this is not the start of a slug fest. Leonard's gone, at least for the moment. We are still here. I hope we make it work.
(07-02-2013, 10:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 09:54 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 09:53 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 05:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 02:22 PM)Wonky Wrote: Say what? I leave for a quickie (cold lunch) and I hear Leonard is in trouble. Or worse?

Hey, Leonard's one of the good guys. Sure, I've had issues with him for years but it's never (almost) personal.

This doesn't feel right. What next? Blondmom gets axed for having a headache? (I can't post tonight dear). PonderThis gets chopped for his lack of sense of humor LaughingLaughingLaughing, TVg for owning too much fishing gear? Clete because he won't obey the 10 Commandments?

Me? I'm safe. Never raise a fuss, do I. No controversy here, no-sir-ree-bob.

We may have to pay HammySandwich to come back so we will have someone to fight with.

Sad day.

Leonard wasn't banned, he quit.

Again?

Do we have a limit?

No. He's always welcome back.

Speak for yourselfRazz
If you guys miss his continuous never ending postings of why this country is the most evil place on earth and it's people are stupid fools with our heads in the sands then go find out where he is now posting for your daily fix of anti American hatred.
Instead of blaming anyone of causing his exit. No one was responding to his cut and paste cheery picked attacks on this country anyway. Ya think that might be the biggest reason he's gone???

Poor Leon , he sho is gone, left me here to sing this song,

purty little girls with a red dress on.....

I wonder if mods think this silly song

will mean that I will soon be gone

Come on.. now everyone! LaughingLaughingLaughing
(07-03-2013, 01:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: If you guys miss his continuous never ending postings of why this country is the most evil place on earth and it's people are stupid fools with our heads in the sands then go find out where he is now posting for your daily fix of anti American hatred.

Good point. It appears Ponder is in contact with him, why doesn't Ponder share the new forum Leon is posting on?
Or heck, rather than hang here with me and my alleged misdeeds and evil intent, why doesn't Ponder join him and wash his "Mr. Clean" soul of the evil found here?
Golly, maybe Scrapper should join Poor Leonard and Ponder, and make herself happy, too..
No, I believe in making change happen locally. So I intend on staying here until some of you gain a conscience, a sense of empathy, and a sense of understanding.

I expect this might take awhile. Smiling
(07-03-2013, 01:14 PM)PonderThis Wrote: No, I believe in making change happen locally. So I intend on staying here until some of you gain a conscience, a sense of empathy, and a sense of understanding.

What we have here is ponders no forum rule breaking way of doing the same thing he accuses me of doing. I've noticed that lately more and more people are becoming aware of this.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3rwrIJ90IuQ8hOzWpVSj...AoQodpv2Ag]
You're just jealous. Smiling
(07-03-2013, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 01:14 PM)PonderThis Wrote: No, I believe in making change happen locally. So I intend on staying here until some of you gain a conscience, a sense of empathy, and a sense of understanding.

What we have here is ponders no forum rule breaking way of doing the same thing he accuses me of doing. I've noticed that lately more and more people are becoming aware of this.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3rwrIJ90IuQ8hOzWpVSj...AoQodpv2Ag]
Who is that guy?