Medford is better than....
(07-05-2013, 08:48 PM)csrowan Wrote: I've always disliked Medford. No character, no culture, just a dingy mass of buildings. Then again, I didn't care for Eugene or Portland either. I liked the culture, but not the size.

Ashland suits me just fine.

I'm glad Ashland suits you just fine.

Medford suits me just fine. Reading your post I guess I am a person who has no need of culture, prefer living in a dingy mass of buildings, and live in a town with no character.

Given that some of us chose to live here, I wonder what it says about us? I can say that I don't agree.
Although I have never wanted to live in Medford (because I prefer smaller towns), the Rogue Valley is a wonderful place to live.
All of earth is a wonderful place to live, given the alternatives.
(07-05-2013, 10:02 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-05-2013, 08:48 PM)csrowan Wrote: I've always disliked Medford. No character, no culture, just a dingy mass of buildings. Then again, I didn't care for Eugene or Portland either. I liked the culture, but not the size.

Medford suits me just fine. Reading your post I guess I am a person who has no need of culture, prefer living in a dingy mass of buildings, and live in a town with no character.

Given that some of us chose to live here, I wonder what it says about us? I can say that I don't agree.

I suppose I should have specified that what I said was merely my opinion. I enjoy the smallness of Ashland, seeing familiar faces across the town. And I also enjoy the sophistication of the community. Between theater, college, liberalism, and tourism, it grows and breathes and changes over time. My only issue with it is the prevalence of non science-based 'new-age' mumbo jumbo.
(07-05-2013, 10:16 PM)csrowan Wrote:

I suppose I should have specified that what I said was merely my opinion. I enjoy the smallness of Ashland, seeing familiar faces across the town. And I also enjoy the sophistication of the community. Between theater, college, liberalism, and tourism, it grows and breathes and changes over time. My only issue with it is the prevalence of non science-based 'new-age' mumbo jumbo.

If I felt I could afford it, I would live in Ashland.
(07-05-2013, 10:07 PM)Snowlover Wrote: Although I have never wanted to live in Medford (because I prefer smaller towns), the Rogue Valley is a wonderful place to live.

LikeThumbs Up

Central Points gots tractor pulls , monster trucks , Rodeos , Dirt bike racing and Curly fries. If that aint culture what is?
I loved living in Grants Pass... but I doubt we'll ever live there again. Sad At least not until the people of Jo Co get their sh*t together.

If I could afford it... I'd live on an island in the Caribbean. Big Grin
(07-06-2013, 10:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: If I could afford it... I'd live on an island in the Caribbean. Big Grin

Me too Smiling
Have you been to one? I got to visit a small island often while we lived in Panama. Isla Grande. Would love to own the whole thing. Or one of those that are nearby.
(07-06-2013, 11:01 AM)tealeaf Wrote:
(07-06-2013, 10:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: If I could afford it... I'd live on an island in the Caribbean. Big Grin

Me too Smiling
Have you been to one? I got to visit a small island often while we lived in Panama. Isla Grande. Would love to own the whole thing. Or one of those that are nearby.

Well the next best thing to an island for you two is a boatSmiling. That was my dream for many years.
(07-06-2013, 11:04 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Me too Smiling

Well the next best thing to an island for you two is a boatSmiling. That was my dream for many years.
Time for a musical interlude...

(07-06-2013, 11:04 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Me too Smiling

nope Smiling Don't like being out on the sea. Isla Grande, and it's neighbors are fairly close to shore. It's delightful. I wish I could go today. Got there by canoe. Big, really deep canoes.

Me too Smiling

Our favorite is Saint Martin-Sint Maarten... small island of about 36 square miles... half of the island (Saint Martin) is French and half of the island (Sint Maarten) is Dutch. We love it there.