Real Life Ren & Stimpy
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brook...pg9vuEQGlL
A drunken man was electrocuted and killed relieving himself on the third rail in Brooklyn this morning, sources said.

Matthew Zeno, 30, was walking with a friend along the tracks for the southbound G train around 3:10 a.m., at Union Avenue and Broadway in Williamsburg when the horrific accident occurred, cops said.

His 26-year-old pal tried saving him and was also shocked, police added. The friend was able to flag down MTA workers, who in turn called for help, sources said.

Both men were rushed to Woodhull Hospital where Zeno died and the second man was listed in stable condition.

The pair were returning from a bar, cops said.

yikes!
I think there's more to this story...

(07-08-2013, 05:42 PM)csrowan Wrote: I think there's more to this story...

Indeed. I should have linked to the RS version also, of which the comments are quite amusing
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/08/ne...bway-rail/

You're right.
The story doesn't actually say the current went up the stream and killed him. Maybe he got a a little jolt and fell on the third rail? Also Water is actually poor conductor of electricity contrary to popular belief. And after drinking a lot urine would be mostly water.
(07-08-2013, 05:48 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

Indeed. I should have linked to the RS version also, of which the comments are quite amusing
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/08/ne...bway-rail/

YeP, another example of Media sensationalism to sell their lying story.
but at least its a good story Big Grin
(07-08-2013, 05:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You're right.
The story doesn't actually say the current went up the stream and killed him. Maybe he got a a little jolt and fell on the third rail? Also Water is actually poor conductor of electricity contrary to popular belief. And after drinking a lot urine would be mostly water.

Pure water is a bad conductor, but water with ions in it conducts quite well.
piss would be loaded with ions and would conduct quit well.
You need between 20ma to 100ma to kill you (across your heart). above 100ma your heart muscle clamp hard and once removed can beat normal again. In the lethal range of 20 to 100 ma your heart muscle only partly clamps and you go into fibrillation.
When you start getting into higher currents your body tissue burns from the heat of the current.
(07-08-2013, 06:43 PM)chuck white Wrote:

You're right.

You need between 20ma to 100ma to kill you (across your heart). above 100ma your heart muscle clamp hard and once removed can beat normal again. In the lethal range of 20 to 100 ma your heart muscle only partly clamps and you go into fibrillation.
When you start getting into higher currents your body tissue burns from the heat of the current.

Ions schmions, My piss is clear as a mountain stream after a lot of drinking but then my farts smell like little yellow flowers.Razz
(07-08-2013, 07:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You're right.

Ions schmions, My piss is clear as a mountain stream after a lot of drinking but then my farts smell like little yellow flowers.Razz

take a Volt-ohm meter to it and compare it to tap water. (try and keep the same distance between your probes and depth into the fluid.)
(07-08-2013, 07:34 PM)chuck white Wrote:

You're right.

take a Volt-ohm meter to it and compare it to tap water. (try and keep the same distance between your probes and depth into the fluid.)

So I'm sposed to get drunk as hell and check the resistance of my piss? I don't care now it turns out now I sure as hell won't when I'm plastererd.Laughing

I've gone in to buildings after a fire and in the ceiling globe lights the bulbs would still turn on and work even full of dirty water from putting out the fire.
I've also seen light bulbs still burning UNDER water outside in a flood. Seems like if the impurities in the water were much of a conductor the breaker would trip.
Buy yes I know where you will go, Higher voltage with the subway.
The myth was pretty much busted wasn't it?

You're right.

Yeah but, I heard you drink piss water beer, so what would you expect!?!?!?
Razz
(07-08-2013, 09:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 05:58 PM)tvguy Wrote: You're right.

So I'm sposed to get drunk as hell and check the resistance of my piss? I don't care now it turns out now I sure as hell won't when I'm plastererd.Laughing

I've gone in to buildings after a fire and in the ceiling globe lights the bulbs would still turn on and work even full of dirty water from putting out the fire.
I've also seen light bulbs still burning UNDER water outside in a flood. Seems like if the impurities in the water were much of a conductor the breaker would trip.

it would take a lot of amperage to trip the breaker, only 20 to 100 ma to kill you.
As the wire goes into the water the wire starts to corrode. This leads to more insulation.
I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 amps ( 25 ohms) from submerged wiring. but not enough to blow the breaker
(07-08-2013, 11:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 09:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 06:43 PM)chuck white Wrote: Pure water is a bad conductor, but water with ions in it conducts quite well.

it would take a lot of amperage to trip the breaker, only 20 to 100 ma to kill you.
As the wire goes into the water the wire starts to corrode. This leads to more insulation.
I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 amps ( 25 ohms) from submerged wiring. but not enough to blow the breaker

I know chuck, just giving an example. You can take a number 12 copper wire run it straight from a 15 amp breaker to a four foot iron rod stuck in to the wet ground and not even trip the breaker.
I have over 40 years experience HANDS on with this stuff. I've shocked myself literally hundreds of different times and different ways.
So you can save the X amount of miliamps thorough the heart stuff for safety meetings or whateverRazz Because if getting killed with typical household current was as easy as so many think I would have had a toe tag a long time ago.
(07-08-2013, 10:09 PM)gapper Wrote:

You're right.

Yeah but, I heard you drink piss water beer, so what would you expect!?!?!?
Razz

ExactlyBig Grin