Katmai National Park, AK: Brooks Falls: Bear & Salmon LiveCam
LIVE footage from Alaska's Brooks River in Katmai National Park. Every year over a hundred Brown Bears descend on a mile long stretch of Brooks River to feast on the largest Sockeye Salmon run in the world.

This is one of the coolest livecams. Clone loved bears and would have loved to watch these Brown Bears in their natural habitat.

Here's the link to the livecam: http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/b...ooks-falls

I took this snapshot earlier this afternoon of a Momma Bear looking for some food while her 3 babies napped on the rocks.

[Image: 000839667.jpg]
(07-21-2013, 03:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote: LIVE footage from Alaska's Brooks River in Katmai National Park. Every year over a hundred Brown Bears descend on a mile long stretch of Brooks River to feast on the largest Sockeye Salmon run in the world.

This is one of the coolest livecams. Clone loved bears and would have loved to watch these Brown Bears in their natural habitat.

Here's the link to the livecam: http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/b...ooks-falls

I took this snapshot earlier this afternoon of a Momma Bear looking for some food while her 3 babies napped on the rocks.

[Image: 000839667.jpg]

You said "snapshot" I guess you meant screenshot? Laughing I thought you were in Alaska for a sec.

Very cool live cam, Thanks
BBQ posted this a few days ago.
It's worth extracting from that thread though. Big Grin
(07-21-2013, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: You said "snapshot" I guess you meant screenshot? Laughing I thought you were in Alaska for a sec.

No... I meant "snapshot". There is a camera on the top of the screen... it says "Take Snapshot".
(07-21-2013, 04:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote: BBQ posted this a few days ago.

Oh... Ooopsie! Sorry, Birthday Boy. Embarrassed
(07-21-2013, 04:46 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: You said "snapshot" I guess you meant screenshot? Laughing I thought you were in Alaska for a sec.

No... I meant "snapshot". There is a camera on the top of the screen... it says "Take Snapshot".

OH I see. For some reason when the camera is trained on the river bank the Camera symbol disappears.But on the other view of the river it's very clear.

I sat there and waited for a bear to catch a fish and take a snapshot and as soon as it happened the camera changed to the bank view.. Darn it. And there is a delay when you hit "snapshot" so you can't capture a fish jumping unless you do use screen shot.
I've been watching and there is one bear that seems to be the boss.
(07-21-2013, 05:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 04:46 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

OH I see. For some reason when the camera is trained on the river bank the Camera symbol disappears.But on the other view of the river it's very clear.

I sat there and waited for a bear to catch a fish and take a snapshot and as soon as it happened the camera changed to the bank view.. Darn it.

There are 7 bears fishing right now.

Poop! As soon as I posted that I went back... and it changed to the bank. Dadgummit.

Oh... and now they're back! LOL Sheesh!
They aren't doing so great except for the one bear. the one closest to the falls looking in to the whitewater caught and ate a fishSmiling
(07-21-2013, 05:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: They aren't doing so great except for the one bear. the one closest to the falls looking in to the whitewater caught and ate a fishSmiling

At this time of day, after eating a hundred fish, they can't possibly care if they eat another one or not. Big Grin
(07-21-2013, 08:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 05:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: They aren't doing so great except for the one bear. the one closest to the falls looking in to the whitewater caught and ate a fishSmiling

At this time of day, after eating a hundred fish, they can't possibly care if they eat another one or not. Big Grin

Maybe they are as "hungry as a bear"Wink
Live huh? I see 6 bears.
(07-21-2013, 08:41 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Live huh? I see 6 bears.

Yeah huh live. I saw five and then one caught a fish and took off with it. Probably to get some tarter sauce or maybe malt vinegar.

[Image: bear_zps1a22e684.jpg]
(07-21-2013, 08:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-21-2013, 08:41 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Live huh? I see 6 bears.

Yeah huh live. I saw five and then one caught a fish and took off with it. Probably to get some tarter sauce or maybe malt vinegar.

Yuuuummmmm!
There's nine bears now. Waiting to see if they'll play a couple innings.
I think I just saw Sarah and Bristol and Trig....
Did you notice their daylight hours? About 6am to 11pm. Holy crapola... that's a long damn day!
Even so...it still seems a bit bright for the hour. You'd think it'd be a bit dimmer.
They are an hour behind us. So they still have some daylight left.
Alaska (AKDT) Sunrise 05:56am, Sunset 11:10pm