Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Crash Rescue
A tweet from Georges brother:

George saw a need, he acted. Our parents taught us to help, never to boast. Humility is George's finest trait. >> touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/ar… 12:40pm - 22 Jul 13

GZ is a hero. Not only did he risk his safety for his neighbors by dispatching a drugged out thug, now he helped save a family he didn't even know. His parents did a good job!
(07-22-2013, 01:28 PM)csrowan Wrote: The only thing that the jury's verdict proves is that the jury did not feel able to convict Zimmerman based on the information and rules presented to them in the trial.

No more, no less.

DER!!!!! ya think captain obvious?? So what's your guess then? What percentage of people who are guilty are found innocent by juries?

Sorry but that darn logic has to pop up again. At least with me it does. And I have to conclude that's it WAY more likely that people found innocent usually are innocent.

Here's something all of the Zimmerman profilers never mention. If he was so gung ho and on the hunt and all that why didn't he have his freaking gun out?
The EXACT ingredients, which can also be Sprite and skittles, 7-up and Jolly Ranchers. Those are the ones I found when I read about Lean the other day. I'm sure there's more.

I've bought skittles and 7-up at the same time before.

But ultimately, it DOESNT MATTER. What matters is that an armed adult, who should have known better due to past training and experiences, and who was told by the police that it wasn't necessary, chose to follow a teen and the teen wound up dead.
(07-22-2013, 01:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 01:28 PM)csrowan Wrote: The only thing that the jury's verdict proves is that the jury did not feel able to convict Zimmerman based on the information and rules presented to them in the trial.

No more, no less.

DER!!!!! ya think captain obvious?? So what's your guess then? What percentage of people who are guilty are found innocent by juries?

Sorry but that darn logic has to pop up again. At least with me it does. And I have to conclude that's it WAY more likely that people found innocent usually are innocent.

Here's something all of the Zimmerman profilers never mention. If he was so gung ho and on the hunt and all that why didn't he have his freaking gun out?

How do you know he didn't?

And since the entire philosophy behind "innocent until proven guilty" is "better a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished", I think your logic is illogical.
(07-22-2013, 01:58 PM)csrowan Wrote: The EXACT ingredients, which can also be Sprite and skittles, 7-up and Jolly Ranchers. Those are the ones I found when I read about Lean the other day. I'm sure there's more.

I've bought skittles and 7-up at the same time before.
Using sprite and 7-up is totally old school dawgRazz

Quote:But ultimately, it DOESNT MATTER. What matters is that an armed adult, who should have known better due to past training and experiences, and who was told by the police that it wasn't necessary, chose to follow a teen and the teen wound up dead

Yeah and I've never argued or disagreed with that. I have tried to explain that his motive for doing this doesn't HAVE to be that he was on the hunt and out to kill.

I agreed with that and I try to be objective a HELL OF A LOT MORE than some here who can't acknowledge that Martin did one single thing that contributed to his death.
I'm NEVER going to understand how it's ALL Zimmerman's fault cuz HE STARTED IT.
That's what brothers tell their momLaughing
(07-22-2013, 02:00 PM)csrowan Wrote:

No more, no less.

And since the entire philosophy behind "innocent until proven guilty" is "better a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished", I think your logic is illogical.

Foe one thing because IF he had it out I totally doubt ANY unarmed person would fight with someone who had a gun.
Because if Marin had the gun out he wouldn't be getting his head slammed in to the concrete before he fired.

Quote: And since the entire philosophy behind "innocent until proven guilty" is "better a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished", I think your logic is illogical.

If you REALLY think most people who are found innocent are guilty then IMO your logic is flawed.
My complaint is that you continually assert that Martin attacked Zimmerman to prove that Zimmerman wasn't the only one to blame, but there is no proof that Martin attacked him, nor is there proof that Zimmerman didn't give Martin REASON to attack.

You keep trying to justify your position with an unsubstantiated claim.
(07-22-2013, 02:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 02:00 PM)csrowan Wrote:

No more, no less.

Foe one thing because IF he had it out I totally doubt ANY unarmed person would fight with someone who had a gun.
Because if Marin had the gun out he wouldn't be getting his head slammed in to the concrete before he fired.

Quote: And since the entire philosophy behind "innocent until proven guilty" is "better a hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished", I think your logic is illogical.

If you REALLY think most people who are found innocent are guilty then IMO your logic is flawed.

I think that guilty people go free all the time. Whether its because they have good lawyers, because the police failed to follow procedure to the letter, whether charges were dropped because not enough evidence could be found... it happens all the time.

I know that innocent people are convicted, or often plea bargain to a lesser charge simply because they're poor and don't have a good attorney or are threatened with decades in prison if they don't plea. I know that convicted rapists who've been in jail for 20 years are being set free due to DNA evidence.

And I never said that MOST guilty people go free. I'm just not naive enough to trust our court system to provide justice for everyone.
LOL is thread about the Zimmerman rescue story, (which other news stations still aren't running) or about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, yada yada yada?
(07-22-2013, 03:11 PM)Tiamat Wrote: LOL is thread about the Zimmerman rescue story, (which other news stations still aren't running) or about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, yada yada yada?

I did try to bring it back around to that on page 1.

I gave a link to a story with more information. Here it is again:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/22/geo...olice-say/
(07-22-2013, 03:11 PM)Tiamat Wrote: LOL is thread about the Zimmerman rescue story, (which other news stations still aren't running) or about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, yada yada yada?

There have been a few running it. Abc, usatoday, fox, huffington, latimes, a bunch of florida rags and others. Are you waiting for a certain one?
Actually, those who are running it are all quoting ABC as their source. No one is putting it on their front page except ABC and FOX. That's kinda weird, isn't it? It just seems weird to me. Something hinky about it.
Who gives a shit?
(07-22-2013, 04:45 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Who gives a shit?

Good point. Obviously not the news agencies.
(07-22-2013, 04:41 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Actually, those who are running it are all quoting ABC as their source. No one is putting it on their front page except ABC and FOX. That's kinda weird, isn't it? It just seems weird to me. Something hinky about it.

The articles I read said they had confimed the story with officials. But yes, hinky would be how I first percieved it.

Oh, Cletus, I don't really care much but I do enjoy a bit of chatter.
(07-22-2013, 02:31 PM)csrowan Wrote: My complaint is that you continually assert that Martin attacked Zimmerman to prove that Zimmerman wasn't the only one to blame, but there is no proof that Martin attacked him, nor is there proof that Zimmerman didn't give Martin REASON to attack.

You keep trying to justify your position with an unsubstantiated claim.

And you seem to make these little debate /arguments never ending because at some point I end up saying the same thing I said at the beginning of the circle.

I have said OVER and OVER that it's my OPINION that Marin was the aggressor based on all that I know.
You can't have black and white conclusions in the real world. Sometime you just have to use your best judgement. There is more than enough circumstantial evidence FOR ME to conclude Martin attacked Zimmerman.

IMO to just sit back and say it's all Zimmerman's fault because he should have stayed in his car is to IGNORE too many other things.

Don't ask me what. I've already said it.
(07-22-2013, 12:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: why can't you or a couple others see MY POINT??

We do see YOUR POINT. All cops and wanna-be-cops are correct, right, good, etc.... any one else is wrong, bad, trouble makers. Yes, we see YOUR POINT. Rolling Eyes

That is not his point and you know it.

In the country? Probably a crap load of people.
(07-22-2013, 04:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Good point. Obviously not the news agencies.

Watch the national news before you say that. I typed Zimmerman in Google and the first hit was ABC news about this rescue.
I never said it was ALL Zimmerman's fault. I said that the only evidence we have of what happened before the fight started is what Zimmerman did and that Martin was walking around.

And you don't say "It's my opinion that Martin attacked Zimmerman". You say things like:

(07-22-2013, 11:46 AM)tvguy Wrote: But not the 18 year old thug who brutally attacked him and for all we know would have killed him.

(07-22-2013, 11:46 AM)tvguy Wrote: A young man who BTW was apparently high on some crazy concoction and who lied in wait to confront someone and then not only punched Zimmerman but CHOSE to get on top and rain down more blows.

(07-22-2013, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: Are YOU so freaking blind that you can't acknowledge that Martin was the aggressor and the one who attacked Zimmerman??

(07-22-2013, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sure and a wanna be gangster drug user tough guy who liked to fight and who attacked Zimmerman has nothing to do with the "problem"??? because that wasn't the "root cause" Laughing
Or was it?

Just from the first page of this thread and not everywhere else on the forum where you've been asserting that Martin attacked Zimmerman. Doesn't sound like you're just presenting an opinion in the absence of evidence. Sounds like you're making an actual claim and telling us to accept it as truth.