Being a woman
(07-26-2013, 01:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 01:47 PM)csrowan Wrote: I claim that scientific studies about PMS that have been peer reviewed are of more value that asking a woman who has been exposed her entire life to the premise that women get emotional due to their cycle.

Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) is a set of hormonal changes that trigger a wide range of physical and emotional symptoms in women

I don't see any other women agreeing with you... What's up with that. I bet Scrappy really wants to but there are limits to how far one goes when taking sides.Laughing

I think some women have hormonal issues... that are not necessarily tied to their menstrual cycle. I think some people have issues with menstruation that can can cause severe bleeding and pain... which may make them irritable. I think some women are just bitches. And I think there are MANY women who have no issues whatsoever with menstruation... pre, during, or after.
I think many men suffer from menopause. Mostly the married ones.
[Image: f8e14a05a5066acee5bbbfff2797e7b9.jpg]
[Image: 663173.jpg]
(07-26-2013, 02:59 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Anyway, my view on this 'argument' is that I actually do think that women get hormonal and that it causes mood swings. I don't disagree with that or feel slighted (too much) if men say it about a cranky woman. But when you use it on a guy, as TV did with Rowan, then it starts to be the sexist thing.

Well I'm sorry you are so ignorant and choose to use your own anecdotal evidence instead of using Google to find the truthWinkRazz
You mean, like finding evidence that suggests PMS is actually a cultural phenomenon, and not biological? Oh, wait, that wouldn't actually contradict the anecdotal evidence.
(07-26-2013, 02:56 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 12:39 PM)csrowan Wrote: But why? Is it because men are idiots for stereotyping women and accepting those stereotpes, or are women so inferior to men that even the slightest implication that a man is in some way feminine is a justifiably major insult?

Good grief Rowan. If you can't see that women are not built the same and are not as physically as strong as men them I give up.
But it's a fact they are not. So telling a guy he trows like a girl is an insult to the guy and it should not be to a girl.
Unless they can't face or accept that they are normally physically weaker.

Good Grief, TV where does he say that? About throwing? Nowhere. And why do you choose that example of the many that could come to mind that wouldn't be quite as benign? And then you go and prove Rowan's own point by asking me am I sure he is a guy? I realize you could have meant, we don't really know if Rowan is male or female having only met him online, but I don't really believe that's what you meant.

I never once said that women were inferior to men in any way other than physical strength. As a matter of fact many can be and are superior to men because they don't have the instincts that men may have that aren't always an asset.

Why did I choose that example? I don't know it was the first one to come to mind regarding the difference between men and women's physical strength.
(07-26-2013, 05:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 02:59 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Anyway, my view on this 'argument' is that I actually do think that women get hormonal and that it causes mood swings. I don't disagree with that or feel slighted (too much) if men say it about a cranky woman. But when you use it on a guy, as TV did with Rowan, then it starts to be the sexist thing.

Well I'm sorry you are so ignorant and choose to use your own anecdotal evidence instead of using Google to find the truthWinkRazz

Watch it tv, he might hit you with his purse...........or is it murse
(07-26-2013, 05:35 PM)csrowan Wrote: You mean, like finding evidence that suggests PMS is actually a cultural phenomenon, and not biological? Oh, wait, that wouldn't actually contradict the anecdotal evidence.

Still waiting to find any women who agree with you. Apparently they are all brainwashed in to just thinking that hormonal changes affect them. Good thing they have a Guy google expert to tell them it's all in their head.
(07-26-2013, 05:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 05:35 PM)csrowan Wrote: You mean, like finding evidence that suggests PMS is actually a cultural phenomenon, and not biological? Oh, wait, that wouldn't actually contradict the anecdotal evidence.

Still waiting to find any women who agree with you. Apparently they are all brainwashed in to just thinking that hormonal changes affect them. Good thing they have a Guy google expert to tell them it's all in their head.

You mean like this:
(07-26-2013, 03:39 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I think some women have hormonal issues... that are not necessarily tied to their menstrual cycle. I think some people have issues with menstruation that can can cause severe bleeding and pain... which may make them irritable. I think some women are just bitches. And I think there are MANY women who have no issues whatsoever with menstruation... pre, during, or after.

Or maybe like this:
Quote:But lead author Dr. Sarah Romans tells The Atlantic that the disorder is relatively rare, affecting as little as 1.5 per cent of the female population.

The rest of what we think of as “PMSing” might actually have nothing to do with menstrual periods at all. Instead, she and her team explain, it might come from long-held beliefs that a woman’s reproductive system controls much of her behaviour and mood.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/pms-moodine...z2aCbmC1q9

Or possibly even this:
Quote:"The more a woman believes in the phenomenon of menstrual distress, the more she exaggerates ... the negativity of her symptoms during her last period," writes María Luisa Marván, a psychology researcher at Universidad de las Americas-Puebla. Her study appears in the current issue of the journal Health Psychology.
http://women.webmd.com/pms/news/20010910...ct-fiction

Oh, those last two, those were from the articles I posted earlier in this thread.

Good thing you already have an opinion and don't need to do research and aren't willing to consider alternate possibilities with evidence to back them up.
(07-26-2013, 05:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 12:39 PM)csrowan Wrote: But why? Is it because men are idiots for stereotyping women and accepting those stereotpes, or are women so inferior to men that even the slightest implication that a man is in some way feminine is a justifiably major insult?

Good grief Rowan. If you can't see that women are not built the same and are not as physically as strong as men them I give up.
But it's a fact they are not. So telling a guy he trows like a girl is an insult to the guy and it should not be to a girl.

Good Grief, TV where does he say that? About throwing? Nowhere. And why do you choose that example of the many that could come to mind that wouldn't be quite as benign? And then you go and prove Rowan's own point by asking me am I sure he is a guy? I realize you could have meant, we don't really know if Rowan is male or female having only met him online, but I don't really believe that's what you meant.

I never once said that women were inferior to men in any way other than physical strength. As a matter of fact many can be and are superior to men because they don't have the instincts that men may have that aren't always an asset.

Why did I choose that example? I don't know it was the first one to come to mind regarding the difference between men and women's physical strength.

Jeeez! TV! I never said you did say that. I'm saying you have used the idea to denigrate Rowan. And it's something a lot of men do frequently to other men.

Weak, TV. I gave no evidence. Only an opinion.
That was a dig at me, not you, Tia.
(07-26-2013, 05:55 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 05:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Jeeez! TV! I never said you did say that. I'm saying you have used the idea to denigrate Rowan. And it's something a lot of men do frequently to other men.

OK then.
(07-26-2013, 05:58 PM)csrowan Wrote: That was a dig at me, not you, Tia.

Yeah, I know. It was weak. I like sparring with TV, but he's not on his game today.
(07-26-2013, 05:57 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

It was sarcasm directed at Rowan who with the help of Google has concluded that you do not get hormonal or have the mood swings and that you only you think you do.

You have been brainwashed in to THINKING you have the mood swings.
(07-26-2013, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 05:57 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

It was sarcasm directed at Rowan who with the help of Google has concluded that you do not get hormonal or have the mood swings and that you only you think you do.

You have been brainwashed in to THINKING you have the mood swings.

You mean, with the help of scientific studies I've been exposed to and used Google to find out more information on? The ones I mentioned twice now. The ones that were actually done by women?
So, is this thread about using female gender to insult men or about women's hormonal whatevers or lack of them? Just so I can be relevant.