Being a woman
“What’s the worst possible thing you can call a woman? Don’t hold back, now.
You’re probably thinking of words like slut, whore, bitch, cunt (I told you not to hold back!), skank.

Okay, now, what are the worst things you can call a guy? Fag, girl, bitch, pussy. I’ve even heard the term “mangina.”

Notice anything? The worst thing you can call a girl is a girl. The worst thing you can call a guy is a girl. Being a woman is the ultimate insult. Now tell me that’s not royally fucked up.”

? Jessica Valenti, Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters
PMS Study: Mood Swings From Menstruation May Not Exist, Study Finds

Women may be cheery one minute and angry the next — but whatever mood they're in, you officially can't blame their periods.

Premenstrual syndrome, or PMS, may be an utter myth, according to new research from the University of Toronto. The study found that there was no obvious link between women's negative mood swings and the premenstrual phase of their cycles, according to a press release.

The university studied 41 research reports that tracked the change in women's moods throughout their periods, both before and during. Their findings showed no evidence that PMS itself even existed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/10/18/...reloaded=1
My ex had raging periods. But they weren't related to her menstrual cycles. Smiling

(I just chalk it up to her being a Leo.)
(07-26-2013, 12:01 PM)csrowan Wrote: “What’s the worst possible thing you can call a woman? Don’t hold back, now.
You’re probably thinking of words like slut, whore, bitch, cunt (I told you not to hold back!), skank.

Okay, now, what are the worst things you can call a guy? Fag, girl, bitch, pussy. I’ve even heard the term “mangina.”

Notice anything? The worst thing you can call a girl is a girl. The worst thing you can call a guy is a girl. Being a woman is the ultimate insult. Now tell me that’s not royally fucked up.”

? Jessica Valenti, Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters

In terms of stereotyping women there are two ways men look at women:Madonnas or whores.

For insulting men? Yeah, calling them some form of female is pretty insulting I guess.
But why? Is it because men are idiots for stereotyping women and accepting those stereotpes, or are women so inferior to men that even the slightest implication that a man is in some way feminine is a justifiably major insult?
You're a guy. You tell me.
I know what I think. That doesn't stop other men from suggesting that someone they disagree with is on 'that time of the month'. It doesn't stop other men from from saying "you're a pussy" when someone shows sensitivity or tact. It doesn't stop other men from using pejoratives for female anatomy to insult other men.
(07-26-2013, 12:01 PM)csrowan Wrote: “What’s the worst possible thing you can call a woman? Don’t hold back, now.

Honey.
(07-26-2013, 01:00 PM)Tiamat Wrote: You're a guy. You tell me.

Don't count on that.
(07-26-2013, 01:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Don't count on that.

(sigh) Somehow, he must not be a "man". Ninja
(07-26-2013, 12:39 PM)csrowan Wrote: But why? Is it because men are idiots for stereotyping women and accepting those stereotpes, or are women so inferior to men that even the slightest implication that a man is in some way feminine is a justifiably major insult?

Good grief Rowan. If you can't see that women are not built the same and are not as physically as strong as men them I give up.
But it's a fact they are not. So telling a guy he trows like a girl is an insult to the guy and it should not be to a girl.
Unless they can't face or accept that they are normally physically weaker.
So this is all about physical strength?
I throw like a small boy.
(07-26-2013, 01:16 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Don't count on that.

I was joking.He makes his own bed on here. Of course he is a man. He just doesn't act like it sometimes when he worries more about what is or isn't an insult to women than women.
(07-26-2013, 01:20 PM)PonderThis Wrote: So this is all about physical strength?

YES, if I said you throw like a girl then yes I would say you lack physical strength.
I guess my grand daughter doesn't Google enough because I just asked her if she got cranky during PMS and she said yes.
Ask her what's going on when you get cranky.
You mean she's been brainwashed by our culture to believe that she gets cranky during PMS. Isn't the placebo effect wonderful?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pms+myth...e&ie=UTF-8
(07-26-2013, 01:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Ask her what's going on when you get cranky.

I don't get cranky or emotional and about the same time every month. Do you?
(07-26-2013, 01:16 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Don't count on that.

He started a thread called what? "Being a woman"LaughingLaughingLaughing