Random Act of Kindness
Last night we went to see a concert and fireworks display down on the river in our town. We got home late and it was dark, so we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. But... this morning when we woke up we noticed it! While we were gone last night a lawn fairy mowed our lawn! All of it! We noticed that the lawn fairy mowed our neighbors lawn too. We're thinking our neighbor is a lawn fairy; and we didn't know it. My Hubby was blown away... he said no one had done something like that for him before. A wonderful and very much appreciated Random Act of Kindness. I see a bottle of wine in our neighbor's future. Smiling

This has also made us think about Paying it Forward... so we will be on the look out for an opportunity. Big Grin And... I would like to challenge each of you to as well.
(07-04-2014, 08:07 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Last night we went to see a concert and fireworks display down on the river in our town. We got home late and it was dark, so we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. But... this morning when we woke up we noticed it! While we were gone last night a lawn fairy mowed our lawn! All of it! We noticed that the lawn fairy mowed our neighbors lawn too. We're thinking our neighbor is a lawn fairy; and we didn't know it. My Hubby was blown away... he said no one had done something like that for him before. A wonderful and very much appreciated Random Act of Kindness. I see a bottle of wine in our neighbor's future. Smiling

This has also made us think about Paying it Forward... so we will be on the look out for an opportunity. Big Grin And... I would like to challenge each of you to as well.

That's great! I've seen a few lawn fairies in my day! What I need is a weedeater fairy at the moment, as I don't have one. But I love the idea of paying it forward also.
Our grass wasn't really very tall... the Hubby had been on a 9 day open-to-close stretch at work... and then came down with a bug (I think he may have just been exhausted!)... and then we had an appt in Salem that landed on his day off... so it had been about 2 weeks since the grass had been mowed. He had planned on doing it this morning. Now... he gets to sit and enjoy his coffee this morning! Thumbs Up
If we only lived closer, Tia! We bought a new weed whacker (and an edger thingy that can attach to it) about a month ago. It's only been used once. If we lived closer the Hubby could do your weed whacking as a Pay it Forward. Dadgummit.