North Valley Fires
Some fire info:

http://www.kdrv.com/multiple-wildfires-i...rn-oregon/
(07-27-2013, 11:25 AM)gapper Wrote: Some fire info:

Thank you!
(07-27-2013, 11:12 AM)kadylady Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 10:57 AM)csrowan Wrote: Happy, Grumpy, Doc, Dopey, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful.

I used to only be able to remember 6. For some reason, I kept forgetting Bashful.

You mean I got it wrong?

I think you got the ones from the xxx version. Wink
(07-27-2013, 11:36 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 10:57 AM)csrowan Wrote: Happy, Grumpy, Doc, Dopey, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful.

I used to only be able to remember 6. For some reason, I kept forgetting Bashful.

You mean I got it wrong?

Ooops!
(07-27-2013, 11:35 AM)kadylady Wrote:

Thank you!

You're welcome!

There is another update here now, too.
http://www.swofire.com/
(07-27-2013, 11:40 AM)gapper Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 11:35 AM)kadylady Wrote:

Thank you!

You're welcome!

There is another update here now, too.
http://www.swofire.com/

Ok. There's a Big Windy Creek Fire and one near Hog Creek.(Brimstone Fire). That's why we're seeing all the air support. Thanks. I knew there was something closer than Cow Creek.
This was from yesterday:

Quote:www.ryanweather.com

22 hours ago near Medford.

The lightning event early this morning over remote Josephine and Douglas counties has sparked over 75 small fires. The NWS in Medford recorded over 200 strikes. The majority of fires are in Douglas county under DFPA protection. The agency I work for, BLM is currently managing over a dozen fires in conjunction with Oregon Department of Forestry. This was a freak wave of energy that was not predicted by any of the computer models. We are continuing to see a large cluster of thunderstorm activity to our southeast and east into Modoc, Klamath and Lake counties. This will continue well into the evening hours. By tomorrow we should start to notice a subtle cool down as the flow will shift more westerly with marine air and the trough slowly pushing the high to the east. This is the event we have been waiting for. I hope they get the fires under control otherwise I will be out the door soon helping out with suppression activities.

You mean I got it wrong?

kadylady, I like your version better!
(07-27-2013, 12:52 PM)Snowlover Wrote:

You mean I got it wrong?

Me too! Laughing
And thanks for the link.
(07-27-2013, 12:58 PM)kadylady Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 12:52 PM)Snowlover Wrote:

You mean I got it wrong?

Me too! Laughing
And thanks for the link.

I hadn't noticed the link. Ryan does a great job and his link is great. What I posted was from his Facebook page which gives more basic info and then you can go to the website if you want more details. To find him on Facebook the page name is www.ryanweather.com same as the website.
From Facebook and hour ago.

The fires across our region continue to grow as crews struggle to keep them within their containment lines during the afternoon hours. The big fear right now is the afternoon winds that are forecast to gust into the 20-30 mph range across the region after 4 PM. Slightly cooler temperatures and an increase in humidifies will help with the fires somewhat. The fires will continue to flare up and grow as winds come out of the northwest. The major fires burning at this time is a 2,000 acre complex in the Cow Creek drainage called the Douglas Complex. Another large fire is on the Umpqua's Tiller District, is at 1,500 acres and being called the Whisky Fire. There are a few other fires that range from 500 to 1,000 acres these include the Brimstone Fire near Sunny Valley area and the Labrador fire that is burning near Oak Flat to the northwest of Cave Junction on the Rogue Siskiyou NF (close to the Biscuit Fire of 2002). There are numerous smaller fires burning in the Grants Pass Resource Area of the Bureau of Land Management in the Angora, Kelsey Peak, Windy Creek and Tom East region. Hopefully with all of the air resources we will be able to stop the progression of most of these fires.
The breeze is picking up at my place in the hills a few miles south of GP right now.
Winds are picking up here, in the North Valley, too.
We're going to town for the Cruise. I always hate to leave home while fires are burning.
30 minutes ago from Facebook.

I am listening to current radio communications on the fire and it appears the winds have arrived. They are pulling crews and dozers off the line especially in the Big Windy fire area. Reports of very active fire behavior with long runs and some spotting. This not a good news in terms of trying to hold these fires. This is an area with very steep terrain and limited accessibility. This drainage faces the Rogue River with rocky and narrow canyons. Not a fun place to try to fight a fire. I know because I used to work in this area.

www.ryanweather.com Update: Fires are jumping containment lines in Hog Creek, Tom East and Brimstone areas due to strong wind gusts. Not good.
(07-27-2013, 04:34 PM)Snowlover Wrote: 30 minutes ago from Facebook.

I am listening to current radio communications on the fire and it appears the winds have arrived. They are pulling crews and dozers off the line especially in the Big Windy fire area. Reports of very active fire behavior with long runs and some spotting. This not a good news in terms of trying to hold these fires. This is an area with very steep terrain and limited accessibility. This drainage faces the Rogue River with rocky and narrow canyons. Not a fun place to try to fight a fire. I know because I used to work in this area.

www.ryanweather.com Update: Fires are jumping containment lines in Hog Creek, Tom East and Brimstone areas due to strong wind gusts. Not good.

I can see from here that the fire has really kicked up. Really dark skies just NW of here. It must be the Big Windy. Is that across the river?
(07-27-2013, 04:43 PM)kadylady Wrote:

I can see from here that the fire has really kicked up. Really dark skies just NW of here. It must be the Big Windy. Is that across the river?

I just saw a report on the TV news of a Wolf Creek fire. That might be what's blowing into the North Valley. The Big Windy is across the river, but down quite a ways. It is, I believe anyway, in the Big Windy Creek drainage which in the vicinity of Black Bar, down river.
(07-27-2013, 05:10 PM)gapper Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 04:43 PM)kadylady Wrote:

I just saw a report on the TV news of a Wolf Creek fire. That might be what's blowing into the North Valley. The Big Windy is across the river, but down quite a ways. It is, I believe anyway, in the Big Windy Creek drainage which in the vicinity of Black Bar, down river.
A fire in Wolf Creek is far more threatening to us!
Here you can watch the smoke spreading: [url]javascript:pop(%22http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/loopsat.php?wfo=mfr&area=west&type=vis&size=1%22);[/url]

Edit: Well, maybe not. Smiling I can't seem to get the coding right.
(07-27-2013, 05:18 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Here you can watch the smoke spreading: [url]javascript:pop(%22http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/loopsat.php?wfo=mfr&area=west&type=vis&size=1%22);[/url]

Edit: Well, maybe not. Smiling I can't seem to get the coding right.

WOW! I got it. Thanks.