Photo Size
I don't have any issues with large photos, I actually prefer them for the picture quality they provide.

I don't see photo size mentioned in the rules but I am not the best at searching. If its in there, what is the size restriction?
There should be something in the software to control that.
The settings are as kgasso put them.

(Some people just like to complain about anything and everything regarding a certain poster....) - not you Valuesize. Smiling
(07-30-2013, 09:45 AM)broadzilla Wrote: There should be something in the software to control that.

(Some people just like to complain about anything and everything regarding a certain poster....) - not you Valuesize. Smiling

I know the avatars are adjusted automatically.
No I don't think anything in the forum software shrinks pictures.
I also understand why people might complain when some unnecessarily large pictures are repeatedly posted.
A certain poster who routinely posts huge pics chooses to do so.He has choices of what size pic to post. like for a "message board, or a 15" or 17" screen.
He chooses the largest setting.

As an old ebay seller I learned not to post too many or too large pictures because they take so long to open for some people I would lose bids on my items.

So if given the choice I post pictures on here that don't cause any issues. Why not?
Also I see no reason to reply and quote someone and repost the same picture over and over when the photo has nothing to do with the conservation.

It's seems silly to me to have several posts in a row with the same picture dominating the thread. So when I quote and reply I delete the image. It only takes a second.
(07-30-2013, 09:50 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 09:45 AM)broadzilla Wrote: There should be something in the software to control that.

Really? From my experience if the avatar was too big it simply didn't work until I re-sized it to 90X90 pixels.. I think
(07-30-2013, 09:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Really? From my experience if the avatar was too big it simply didn't work until I re-sized it to 90X90 pixels.. I think

This is the photo I used for my avatar. (768 × 511)

[Image: work-life-balance.jpg]
All photos posted automatically resize and you can click the photo to open it to view the full size... EXCEPT for Scarmon's photos. Dry
Scrapper,

What computer or device are you using? Depending on which I use, the photos are huge and go off the edge of the page, or they resize but show up sideways.
I'm on my laptop... using Chrome.
(07-30-2013, 10:04 AM)Scrapper Wrote: All photos posted automatically resize and you can click the photo to open it to view the full size... EXCEPT for Scarmon's photos. Dry

So he has some special photo posting weapon? Unsure

Edit: Yea they come out sideways often but not always.
If I post a photo that is too large... this is what I get:

[Image: l2a1.png]

If Scarmon posts a photo that is too large... this is what I get:

[Image: fhpu.png]

So... you tell me???
The few times I took photos with my iPod and uploaded them to tinypic.com, they showed up sideways when I posted them here. But only when I revisited the thread from my computer. When I looked at the thread from my iPod, it all looked fine.

Not sure about the size issue. I don't recall mine having that problem, but I could be wrong.
(07-30-2013, 10:03 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 09:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah cool, I guess. Personally I didn't have a problem resizing an image for an avatar but some people did.
(07-30-2013, 10:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote: If Scarmon posts a photo that is too large... this is what I get:

It's tinypic
(07-30-2013, 10:18 AM)tvguy Wrote: Personally I didn't have a problem resizing an image for an avatar but some people did.

That was a previous software source for the forum. When Kam switched to MYBB, the avatar downsizing started being done automatically.
(07-30-2013, 10:21 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 10:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote: If Scarmon posts a photo that is too large... this is what I get:

It's tinypic

Then tinypic should not be allowed to be used here. When he posts those ginormous photos... I can't even 'see' (much less 'get to') these:
[Image: postbit_quote.gif] [Image: postbit_report.gif]
Ran some tests on this page: http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...#pid295233

Using a Mac laptop running OS X (10.8.2), In Safari, Scar's photos scale properly. In Chrome, Scar's photos scale, but not enough. The right hand edge of his photos consistently run past the edge of the window. On Firefox they act the same as they do on Chrome. Both photos are horizontal in all browsers.

Using an iPod Touch running iOS 6.1.3, In Safari, the photos again scale, but not enough, overlapping the edge of the window. In Chrome, the photos scale properly. However, in both browsers, the photo of the cup of coffee and the bacon maple bar is vertical, rather than horizontal.

I have not run into the problem of the photos not scaling down at all that Scrapper seems to have... except while the page is still loading. They come in full size then, as the last thing that happens when the page finishes loading, they scale down.

It's tinypic

Laughing

So its a site meant to enlarge small photos? Good one Scar! Laughing
(07-30-2013, 10:35 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

It's tinypic

Laughing

So its a site meant to enlarge small photos? Good one Scar! Laughing

It's just free image hosting... perhaps he could try Image shack?????
I've used tinypic many times on the forum without any problems. Except when I used it from my iPod with photos taken by my iPod. Then things went sideways.

I think it might have to do with taking a photo on a mobile device (or maybe specific types of mobile devices?) and uploading it from that device to tinypic (and/or possibly other image hosts).