Happy NNO
(09-05-2013, 10:45 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't think anyone asked for the proof, they only asked you for a number. Being as you sound so proud of it and all.

I know how you stalkers work. Asking for proof would be the next step and then name calling when refused or if information was provided it would be used against me over and over plus your little group would get closer in your stalking. Not gonna happen limpy.:-)
(09-05-2013, 10:42 AM)Scar Wrote: All talk is cheap.Smiling
I could claim to have killed a hunnert Trayvonnes, but without proof it would just be talk. In providing the proof one would have to expose PII and that ain't gonna happen.

Yup. And that's all you've got, cheap tough talk.
But that's cool. It obviously makes you feel like a manly man.
Knock yourself out. I shine phony people on everyday.
Cool
(09-05-2013, 11:08 AM)gapper Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 10:42 AM)Scar Wrote: All talk is cheap.Smiling
I could claim to have killed a hunnert Trayvonnes, but without proof it would just be talk. In providing the proof one would have to expose PII and that ain't gonna happen.

Yup. And that's all you've got, cheap tough talk.
But that's cool. It obviously makes you feel like a manly man.
Knock yourself out. I shine phony people on everyday.
Cool

Even my shoes are too good for you to shineRazz
(09-05-2013, 07:35 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 05:01 AM)csrowan Wrote: Mostly Oregon, but also cities across the US.

Of course, I haven't spent too much time in the boonies of most places, so I can only really speak for the more populous areas I've been in.

Then you are due for a name change. Bubble Boy would fit. Razz

Yeah and this isn't the first time that became apparent.

Who in the hell hasn't seen anyone open carrying a pistol especially during hunting season?
(09-05-2013, 10:30 AM)gapper Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 10:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: What is really telling is that he would think that would be a "good thing"... something to really brag about... true or not. Blink Rolling Eyes

That's true. Although, he's proudly flown those colors all along.
Tough talk is cheap, though.
Wink

It is indeed yours too. I'm surprised you are right in there with the dipshit crowd who can't not respond to ANYTHING scar says.
(09-05-2013, 11:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 05:01 AM)csrowan Wrote: Mostly Oregon, but also cities across the US.

Of course, I haven't spent too much time in the boonies of most places, so I can only really speak for the more populous areas I've been in.

Who in the hell hasn't seen anyone open carrying a pistol especially during hunting season?

Quite a lot of people, I presume. Open carry is probably more likely to happen in rural areas. It is less likely to happen in urban areas. Just because I've spent most of my time in urban areas doesn't mean I live in a bubble.

In fact, the only civilian I recall seeing open carry in public during my 35 years, who was not on a gun range, was a pawn broker in his own shop.

Never seen anyone open carry at BiMart, despite at least one forumite saying they've open carried there. And I've been going to BiMart since I was a kid.

Never seen anyone open carry at Big R, and at least one forumite says they open carry there. I've been going to Big R ever since I discovered they carry pants with a long enough inseam for me.

Never seen anyone open carry during either of my leisurely cross country road trips, not in any town we stopped in, not in any campground we stayed at, not at any place we visited.

Never seen anyone open carry in Medford, even during the two years I commuted there for work and had an hour lunch every day.

Never seen anyone open carry in any of the towns we stopped at on my many Speech and Debate tournaments during High School.

Never seen anyone open carry when I spent 3 months in a small town in New Hampshire.

Never seen anyone open carry during my many campouts and hikes during all my years as a Boy Scout, not even on the several week-long 50 mile hikes we went on in two different states.

Now, maybe you think I'm in a bubble because I've never seen anyone open carry. But have you stopped to consider that there aren't that many places where even 5% of people open carry everywhere they go, each and every day? If that's what you see on a daily basis, you might want to rethink who's in a bubble.

And getting back to what people feel when they see someone open carry, here's an interesting bit from a long-time gun enthusiast. I recommend reading it.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...118x308711
I read your link and I saw the response that spoke about morons driving cars. I would say that is a lot bigger problem and one we face every single day.
There is no way to avoid idiots who drive recklessly or who simply don't have the skills.
Or they are using drugs drunk or just to old to be driving.
When I see someone open carry I don't fret. IMO it usually means they are more aware of the laws then most people and the same is probably true with their knowledge of using a weapon.
But I would really like to know how often open carry people accidentally shoot someone?? Seems like a VERY VERY rare occurrence. Yet it's something you anti gun people worry about?
I don't recall ever seeing someone open carrying a gun actually remove it from their holster.
All you uneasy feeling people need to stop sweating the small stuff
Nothing to say about the OP?

Quote:I've been around for almost 65 years now, and have been a firearms owner and shooter for about 52 of those years. In that time, on the range and in the field, I have seen many, many people mishandle their firearms. I've crossed a number of people off my list of hunting partners, too, after they ignored safety rules while with me.

So, when I encounter someone I don't know doing open carry, I'm always wondering whether they're a good, safe owner, or a moron like so many I've encountered. I have no way of knowing. So, I tend to avoid being around strangers who are carrying whenever possible.

Maybe they're paragons of firearms safety. That's a possibility. Or, just maybe, they're like the guy who tried to hand my shotgun over the fence, barrel first. Or the guy who pointed a deer rifle at me as a joke in camp. Maybe the open carry guy is just another moron who hasn't a clue. Maybe they're like the guy in the Walmart in AZ. I have no way to know.

Random people with firearms make me a little uneasy. I've seen too many people who should never have a loaded firearm anywhere near them.

So, I keep my distance from people I don't know who are carrying.

Nothing to say about "bubble boy"?
(09-05-2013, 09:33 AM)csrowan Wrote: The difference between open carry and concealed carry is that people who legally conceal carry have had to go through training, have to have a license, and have rules they must follow that they've been informed of.

All training that I HAVE had, and I have my CC card. Not to mention the LIFETIME of training I already had, growing up in a gun rich and hunting environment.

None of that training makes me shy about open carrying.
(09-05-2013, 11:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-05-2013, 10:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: What is really telling is that he would think that would be a "good thing"... something to really brag about... true or not. Blink Rolling Eyes

Wink

It is indeed yours too. I'm surprised you are right in there with the dipshit crowd who can't not respond to ANYTHING scar says.

[Image: potkettleblack.jpg]
(09-05-2013, 11:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Wink

I am not surprised at all.Razz
(09-05-2013, 12:14 PM)csrowan Wrote:

Quite a lot of people, I presume. Open carry is probably more likely to happen in rural areas. It is less likely to happen in urban areas. Just because I've spent most of my time in urban areas doesn't mean I live in a bubble.

In fact, the only civilian I recall seeing open carry in public during my 35 years, who was not on a gun range, was a pawn broker in his own shop.

Never seen anyone open carry at BiMart, despite at least one forumite saying they've open carried there. And I've been going to BiMart since I was a kid.

Never seen anyone open carry at Big R, and at least one forumite says they open carry there. I've been going to Big R ever since I discovered they carry pants with a long enough inseam for me.

Never seen anyone open carry during either of my leisurely cross country road trips, not in any town we stopped in, not in any campground we stayed at, not at any place we visited.

Never seen anyone open carry in Medford, even during the two years I commuted there for work and had an hour lunch every day.

Never seen anyone open carry in any of the towns we stopped at on my many Speech and Debate tournaments during High School.

Never seen anyone open carry when I spent 3 months in a small town in New Hampshire.

Never seen anyone open carry during my many campouts and hikes during all my years as a Boy Scout, not even on the several week-long 50 mile hikes we went on in two different states.

Now, maybe you think I'm in a bubble because I've never seen anyone open carry. But have you stopped to consider that there aren't that many places where even 5% of people open carry everywhere they go, each and every day? If that's what you see on a daily basis, you might want to rethink who's in a bubble.

And getting back to what people feel when they see someone open carry, here's an interesting bit from a long-time gun enthusiast. I recommend reading it.
We have open carry here in OK, including OKC and they do openly carry in many of the stores here in OKC. Not really that big of a deal.
It's only Okie's at risk anyway, I suppose is how they look at it. Smiling

(I can say this, my father was born in Oklahoma.) Smiling

Don't make me post the I'm Proud To Be An Okie From Muskogee song again. Laughing
(09-05-2013, 05:21 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's only Okie's at risk anyway, I suppose is how they look at it. Smiling

(I can say this, my father was born in Oklahoma.) Smiling

Don't make me post the I'm Proud To Be An Okie From Muskogee song again. Laughing

I had to look that song up so that I could hear it. Because I wasn't sure how it went. Laughing

Then you are due for a name change. Bubble Boy would fit. :P

Unless you are someone trained to watch people you have walked by many in your life that were open carry and you just never noticed it. Not to many carry a hog leg size pistol or use a drop leg style holster so a pistol can be relatively hidden in plain sight. Just because you haven't noticed it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
(09-05-2013, 05:16 PM)blondemom Wrote:

We have open carry here in OK, including OKC and they do openly carry in many of the stores here in OKC. Not really that big of a deal.

Actually, although there IS a lot of open carry in Oklahoma, you have to have a permit to do so. It is the opposite of Oregon. Conceal is free, Open is permit. I think. Maybe it's Texas I am thinking of.

Correction: Oklahoma requires a permit for BOTH, but it is a "shall" issue state, not a "may" issue state. Meaning they WILL issue it upon application unless you are a criminal.
http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=298

Quote:South Dakota is one of our “Gold Star” open carry states. Open carry is common in many parts of South Dakota and all firearm laws are fully preempted at the state level.