Happy NNO
(09-03-2013, 09:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: When I see someone out and about in town with a firearm strapped to them, and they aren't obviously law enforcement or military, I immediately assume they are a nutjob conservative with no concern for how their choice might affect others, especially in this day and age of mass shooting fear.

I would be willing to bet that 70% or more of the general public feel just as you do, regardless of where they stand on the 2nd Amendment.

The fact that most assume they are a nutjob is also why, in part, no one has openly objected to the it, I would bet. Who would approach an assumed right wing nutjob and complain about said nutjob openly carrying a gun?
UnsureZipped
(09-03-2013, 09:50 PM)gapper Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 09:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: When I see someone out and about in town with a firearm strapped to them, and they aren't obviously law enforcement or military, I immediately assume they are a nutjob conservative with no concern for how their choice might affect others, especially in this day and age of mass shooting fear.

I would be willing to bet that 70% or more of the general public feel just as you do,

I'll take that bet, given the general public of, let's just make it Jackson County.

I bet your 70% is the reverse of your claim.
(09-03-2013, 09:37 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 09:29 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 09:12 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 03:31 PM)csrowan Wrote: And you've had zero negative responses? Or just zero people who both had a negative response AND told you so?

If I saw it, you can be damned sure I'd have a negative response. But given that its completely legal, I wouldn't go up to you and complain about it.

So say it outloud. You wish that my legal right was NOT legal. Is that correct?

I've didn't say that.

I don't see a need for open carry to be legal. I don't agree with the reasoning behind open carrying on a regular basis, or concealed carrying for that matter. I think it's a stupid thing to do for the vast majority of people who do it, especially if they carry it to "stop a bad guy with a gun".

When I see someone out and about in town with a firearm strapped to them, and they aren't obviously law enforcement or military, I immediately assume they are a nutjob conservative with no concern for how their choice might affect others, especially in this day and age of mass shooting fear.

I wish you'd make the personal choice not to open carry in areas where open carry is uncommon or rare. But I'm not saying you should have that right taken away from you.

Then everything above the highlighted is gibberish. Or the highlighted is a lie.

You are an uninformed (no matter how hard I try) citizen on the subject at hand, and prove it with each keystroke of your keyboard.

Carry on.Wink

Or you just can't comprehend what I'm saying.

I believe in the freedom of speech, but I wish religious people wouldn't use it to stand on street corners with anti gay signs. Does that mean that I believe they should have their freedom of speech taken from them? Or does it just mean that I don't approve of how they use it, even though I think they should have it?

I would be willing to bet that 70% or more of the general public feel just as you do, regardless of where they stand on the 2nd Amendment.

The fact that most assume they are a nutjob is also why, in part, no one has openly objected to the it, I would bet. Who would approach an assumed right wing nutjob and complain about said nutjob openly carrying a gun?
UnsureZipped

True
(09-03-2013, 09:54 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 09:12 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 03:31 PM)csrowan Wrote: And you've had zero negative responses? Or just zero people who both had a negative response AND told you so?

If I saw it, you can be damned sure I'd have a negative response. But given that its completely legal, I wouldn't go up to you and complain about it.

So say it outloud. You wish that my legal right was NOT legal. Is that correct?

I've didn't say that.

I don't see a need for open carry to be legal. I don't agree with the reasoning behind open carrying on a regular basis, or concealed carrying for that matter. I think it's a stupid thing to do for the vast majority of people who do it, especially if they carry it to "stop a bad guy with a gun".

When I see someone out and about in town with a firearm strapped to them, and they aren't obviously law enforcement or military, I immediately assume they are a nutjob conservative with no concern for how their choice might affect others, especially in this day and age of mass shooting fear.

I wish you'd make the personal choice not to open carry in areas where open carry is uncommon or rare. But I'm not saying you should have that right taken away from you.

Then everything above the highlighted is gibberish. Or the highlighted is a lie.

You are an uninformed (no matter how hard I try) citizen on the subject at hand, and prove it with each keystroke of your keyboard.

Carry on.Wink

I believe in the freedom of speech, but I wish religious people wouldn't use it to stand on street corners with anti gay signs. Does that mean that I believe they should have their freedom of speech taken from them? Or does it just mean that I don't approve of how they use it, even though I think they should have it?

Please stay on the topic.
Please understand an analogy when you see one.
(09-03-2013, 09:53 PM)Larry Wrote:

I would be willing to bet that 70% or more of the general public feel just as you do,

I'll take that bet, given the general public of, let's just make it Jackson County.

I bet your 70% is the reverse of your claim.

I would take that bet in a heartbeat, but there is no way to prove it.
I would ask though, if 70% of the people think what you are doing is OK, why do far, far less than 1% of the people openly carry?

I spend a lot of time around gun enthusiasts and many would think you're a nutjob and just trying to make an impression. A dumb impression, but an impression none the less. Cool
(09-03-2013, 09:55 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 09:54 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 09:12 PM)Larry Wrote: So say it outloud. You wish that my legal right was NOT legal. Is that correct?

I've didn't say that.

Carry on.Wink

Please stay on the topic.

His analogy is spot on. YOU are the one that brought the constitution into the thread and he is using the constitution to make a valid point.

Focus and follow or get left behind.
(09-03-2013, 09:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: I don't see a need for open carry to be legal. But I'm not saying you should have that right taken away from you.

Please reconcile these two sentences, made in the same comment, without recognizing hypocrisy.
(09-03-2013, 10:01 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 09:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: I don't see a need for open carry to be legal. But I'm not saying you should have that right taken away from you.

Please reconcile these two sentences, made in the same comment, without recognizing hypocrisy.

Really???????????
LaughingLaughing

I don't see a need for people to eat beef. But I'm not saying we should outlaw cattle.
(09-03-2013, 10:03 PM)csrowan Wrote:

I don't see a need for people to eat beef. But I'm not saying we should outlaw cattle.

Wrong. You don't see a need for a thing to be legal, ie: you wish it wasn't legal.

But your not saying you wish it wasn't legal.

Fucking bullshit lie.

You can say both things out of the corners of your mouth, but one of them is a lie. We both know which one.

You want what I do, to not be legal. "I don't see a need for open carry to be legal."
Hey Rowen. Yes or no.

Do you wish open carry was not legal?

Yes or no?

This will help solve any misunderstanding, don't you agree?
(09-03-2013, 10:09 PM)Larry Wrote:

Wrong. You don't see a need for a thing to be legal, ie: you wish it wasn't legal.

Fucking bullshit lie.

You can say both things out of the corners of your mouth, but one of them is a lie. We both know which one.

You want what I do, to not be legal. "I don't see a need for open carry to be legal."

I don't see a need for skateboarding to be legal. I don't see a need for tattoos to be legal. I don't see a need for skydiving to be legal. I don't see a need for boar bristle shaving brushes to be legal. I don't see a need for wearing blue jeans in public to be legal.

But I'm not against any of them being legal, even though I don't see that they need to be legal.

You've continued to put words in my mouth I didn't say. You've continued to misinterpret what I've said after I've explained it. You have no interest in conversation or rational discourse. And all this arguing is because you posted a crappy quote that made a crappy claim without evidence behind it and I called you on it.
(09-03-2013, 10:13 PM)Larry Wrote: Hey Rowen. Yes or no.

Yes or no?

I wish people would make the choice not to open carry. I see no need to impose that view on them through the taking away of their rights.
(09-03-2013, 10:16 PM)csrowan Wrote:

Yes or no?

I wish people would make the choice not to open carry.

Yes or no. Simple. Yes, or no.

Yes or no?

Lets try again.
See my edit.
(09-03-2013, 10:15 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 10:09 PM)Larry Wrote:

Fucking bullshit lie.

I don't see a need for skateboarding to be legal. I don't see a need for tattoos to be legal. I don't see a need for skydiving to be legal. I don't see a need for boar bristle shaving brushes to be legal. I don't see a need for wearing blue jeans in public to be legal.

But I'm not against any of them being legal, even though I don't see that they need to be legal.

You've continued to put words in my mouth I didn't say. You've continued to misinterpret what I've said after I've explained it. You have no interest in conversation or rational discourse. And all this arguing is because you posted a crappy quote that made a crappy claim without evidence behind it and I called you on it.

I am asking for the simplest of clarifications.
(09-03-2013, 10:18 PM)Larry Wrote:

Yes or no?

Lets try again.