Happy NNO
(09-03-2013, 10:16 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 10:13 PM)Larry Wrote: Hey Rowen. Yes or no.

Do you wish open carry was not legal?

Yes or no?

I wish people would make the choice not to open carry. I see no need to impose that view on them through the taking away of their rights.

So, in this edit, I can conclude you would rather they all conceal carry?
Conceal carry is used by two distinct types. Criminals and legal card carrying citizens (of which, I AM one). OPEN carry is only utilized by upstanding citizens exercising their right. No criminal would even DARE open carry.

LOL.
It's not a yes or no question. It's a loaded question, pointed at me. I don't like it when people point loaded things at me. I tend to get out of the way instead of letting it hit me.

If your question is: "at this point in time, with our society and culture the way it is, do you wish open carry were made illegal?"

Then, my answer would be "no, I have no wish to see a civil war"

If your question is: "would you like to see the US move in a direction that would eventually lead to a relatively non controversial revocation of the second amendment?"

Then, my answer would be "maybe, depending on what else was changed in that hypothetical future"

If your question is: "would you have preferred the second amendment never to have been added to the constitution?"

Then, my answer would be "probably, but I'd need to see the alternate history and alternate present to make an educated decision".
(09-03-2013, 10:21 PM)Larry Wrote:

Yes or no?

I wish people would make the choice not to open carry. I see no need to impose that view on them through the taking away of their rights.

That was the edit.
(09-03-2013, 10:27 PM)csrowan Wrote: It's not a yes or no question. It's a loaded question, pointed at me. I don't like it when people point loaded things at me. I tend to get out of the way instead of letting it hit me.

If your question is: "at this point in time, with our society and culture the way it is, do you wish open carry were made illegal?"

If your question is: "would you like to see the US move in a direction that would eventually lead to a relatively non controversial revocation of the second amendment?"

Then, my answer would be "maybe, depending on what else was changed in that hypothetical future"

If your question is: "would you have preferred the second amendment never to have been added to the constitution?"

Then, my answer would be "probably
, but I'd need to see the alternate history and alternate present to make an educated decision".

Complete and utter bullshit answer. It is NOT a loaded question, because you answered it at the outset, and have backpedaled ever since.

But within the bullshit, you give even more away. You wish the second amendment were never even in the constitution.

Do you realize that without it, Japan would not have stopped at Hawaii?

You are a historical moron.

Have a nice evening.
(09-03-2013, 10:27 PM)csrowan Wrote:

Yes or no?

That was the edit.

Yes, but the first sentence must still be considered, no?
(09-03-2013, 10:32 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 10:27 PM)csrowan Wrote: It's not a yes or no question. It's a loaded question, pointed at me. I don't like it when people point loaded things at me. I tend to get out of the way instead of letting it hit me.

Then, my answer would be "probably
, but I'd need to see the alternate history and alternate present to make an educated decision".

Complete and utter bullshit answer. It is NOT a loaded question, because you answered it at the outset, and have backpedaled ever since.

But within the bullshit, you give even more away. You wish the second amendment were never even in the constitution.

Do you realize that without it, Japan would not have stopped at Hawaii?

You are a historical moron.

Have a nice evening.

Do you realize that 1) not having the second amendment would not by default make the ownership of guns illegal, and 2) I specifically said that I would need to see what would happen without it in order to make an educated decision?

Do you realize that you continually take things I say out of context in order to twist them into what your conservative mind thinks my liberal stance is?
(09-03-2013, 10:34 PM)Larry Wrote:

Yes or no?

That was the edit.

And so must the question I was asked: "Do you wish open carry was not legal?"

I answered a question about open carry. Now you argue that my edit means I would rather they conceal carry. The edit that had nothing to do with conceal carry, and the question had nothing to do with conceal carry, and the answer had nothing to do with conceal carry.

Either learn how to hold a rational discussion or piss off.
(09-03-2013, 10:39 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 10:34 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 10:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: I wish people would make the choice not to open carry. I see no need to impose that view on them through the taking away of their rights.

That was the edit.

And so must the question I was asked: "Do you wish open carry was not legal?"

I answered a question about open carry. Now you argue that my edit means I would rather they conceal carry. The edit that had nothing to do with conceal carry, and the question had nothing to do with conceal carry, and the answer had nothing to do with conceal carry.

Either learn how to hold a rational discussion or piss off.

In a nutshell the entire RATIONAL discussion, even though you refuse to repeat it, is thus:

Larry: Do you wish open carry was not legal?
csrowan: I don't see a need for open carry to be legal.

Fact.
I've had no problem admitting that I don't see a need for open carry to be legal.

You, on the other hand, seem to have a problem understanding that not seeing a need is not the same as suggesting that a right be taken away.

And not only that, your above post has next to nothing to do with what was being discussed in the quotes attached to it.

Again, either learn how to hold a rational discussion or piss off.
(09-03-2013, 10:55 PM)csrowan Wrote: I've had no problem admitting that I don't see a need for open carry to be legal.

You, on the other hand, seem to have a problem understanding that not seeing a need is not the same as suggesting that a right be taken away.

And not only that, your above post has next to nothing to do with what was being discussed in the quotes attached to it.

You just had your ass handed to you, rationally. Piss off yourself.
Thanks. I needed a good laugh. LaughingLaughingLaughing
(09-03-2013, 03:41 PM)bbqboy Wrote: would you hit him with your man purse?
LaughingLaughingLaughing
I'm going to start carrying a weapon openly. Just to prove a point. And I'm a liberal.
You're one of the most conservative liberals I know.
(09-04-2013, 12:59 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You're one of the most conservative liberals I know.

And you are the farthest to left I know.
I'm so far left, I make it to the other side of the circle. Smiling
People open carry here. I have no problem with it.
(09-03-2013, 10:55 PM)csrowan Wrote: I've had no problem admitting that I don't see a need for open carry to be legal.

So, if open carry is not legal, are you willing to drop a permit requirement for concealed carry?
(09-04-2013, 05:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:

So, if open carry is not legal, are you willing to drop a permit requirement for concealed carry?

But open carry is legal.

And, if you look at my qualified answers to the question of whether I think it should be made illegal, you'd notice that I actually don't think that it should be made illegal given our current society and culture.

I just wish people would make the choice not to open carry in places where it's not considered relatively normal.